First of all, a hundred thanks to Joyanna Adams for keeping things entertaining and enlightening while I was gone! Sadly, that’s all about to disappear because I’m back now, but hopefully Joyanna will agree to cover for me again in the near future.

Well, the 2012 election is just around the corner, and there’s a new poll out there.

What are the odds that these pollsters will be union members being paid a union wage? Put me down for $50 against (as you can tell, my head is still in Vegas):

A top union and a top liberal blog announced Tuesday that they’ll team up to sponsor polling through the 2012 elections.

Daily Kos and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) said they will join forces to conduct issue and campaign polling in key states and races over the next two years.

First question from the Kos/SEIU poll:

Who do you plan to vote for in the 2012 presidential election:

A) Barack Obama
B) Barack Obama

(margin of error: plus or minus any conservatives who got kneecapped and had their answers changed to Obama)

I won’t be using this poll, because I find the Code Pink/MoveOn.org poll a bit more nonpartisan.

Comments

18 Responses to “SEIU Teams Up With Kos for Poll”

1. Marshall_Will on March 8th, 2011 5:46 pm

SEIU + Kos =

Trust me, this is a 'good' thing.

2. RoseB on March 8th, 2011 7:08 pm

After watching the youtubes, I only hope you're right.

3. SignPainterGuy on March 8th, 2011 7:31 pm

We can certainly hope they do take each other out !

4. SignPainterGuy on March 8th, 2011 7:32 pm

Gee whizz, where`s the excitement in using protection ?!

5. Clu Seatoe on March 8th, 2011 7:36 pm

Other than to satiate curiosity with all its sub-columns, what is the point of polls if it possible to manipulate the outcome by changing one word or one punctuation mark in the question?

That’s the reason I’ve been waiting to see what conservative pundits will say. And I’m not talking about the obligatory “replace the current regime.” For the primaries they don’t have to be long speeches for me to know whether I care to hear more.

Huckabee said enough re: birthers and his faith in the media vetting in less than 5 minutes on the radio recently for me to know I won’t be voting for his seeming naiveté. http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pag

A Massachusetts “conservative” gets elected state governor and creates RomneyCare is clear to me. For now no thank you.

What I’m talking about is what I heard Newt say at CPAC. I like what I heard and I offer the speech for all to hear or hear again. it's just past half way down the page. Please take time to listen. http://www.newt.org/newt-direct/newts-remarks-201

6. nannykins on March 8th, 2011 7:42 pm

Hey Hey Doug – welcome back!

I can't wait to see the results of those polls! When I think of Kos and SEIU teamed up together asking poll questions all I can picture is this

7. Marshall_Will on March 8th, 2011 8:35 pm

"Because there's never a right solution if it’s a solution because then our economy would grow, free enterprise would work, and that would be wrong. So what they always want is a technology that doesn't exist but could exist someday if only you were patient long enough. And in the meantime, why don't you ride a bicycle to prove you're a patriot because they're not going to permit you to do anything else."

!? It's so crazy it just might work! ( He surely was referring to PORTLAND! ) Yep, mud hut here we come! Sustainability as defined by how long you can peddle your bike [ uphill ]. Yeah, great…

8. Nanny on March 8th, 2011 9:15 pm

SEIU + Daily Kos = http://www.cnbc.com/id/41969508

9. Dandapani on March 8th, 2011 9:22 pm

I put Joyanna Adams' blog in my google reader list. She was entertaining.

10. Clu Seatoe on March 8th, 2011 9:40 pm

Ah, Portland and the Environmental Protection Agency.

As irrational and illogical as anything only a power hungry, litigation loving politician could imagine and create.

We know that the vast majority of the American populous is against us so we’ll keep it off the ballots, do it through the courts, and make it a law.

A law that everybody has to wear a blindfold, gloves, a physical, mental, and intellectual straightjacket, and live in the dark. Then we’ll challenge them to create technological and industrial advances. And in the meantime they can only ride a bicycle.

And we decide if it’s really a legitimate advance for America.

11. Marshall_Will on March 8th, 2011 9:44 pm

Nanny,

Thanks for sharing that. Had enough? After years posting on the same Blog and thinking.., this guy's personal history/ref's sound incredibly 'familiar'? I found he and I served on the same ship in the Navy!

Anyway "Darrell's" take on handouts was that Soc. Security "Disability" was "The New Welfare". At first it sounded like a pretty incredulous statement, but the more he made his case, the more it made sense.

Unlike minorities as 'welfare queens' there is no social stigma for virtually -anyone- to be on SSD! In fact.., it's become something of a badge of honor so to speak. Like, ah…ha… I finally "figured it out!" Once mentioned, I began to take note. It's incredible how many ppl we know that are/may be on it? Now that 35% of nat'l "wages" come from it and similar, kinda' scary huh?

12. SignPainterGuy on March 8th, 2011 9:46 pm

Indeed, Doug left the fort in good hands !

I asked the last time you were here, I guess you scooted too quickly……how do you get such an astronomically negative rating ? Do you spend a lot of time on lefty blogs pissing them off ? Your posts aren`t out of line with ours here or at MM`s place ! Just curious !

13. Dandapani on March 8th, 2011 10:43 pm

I thought I was hit by a Liberal bus of union goons on a liberal blog that I might have made a comment on, making their heads explode, but under closer scrutiny of IntenseDebate posting logs, I might have made a few Christians a bit uncomfortable about their beliefs and they ganged up and black balled me.

As you might guess, I'm not of that persuasion, and generally have a live and let live attitude (I believe, like all Hindus, that all Paths lead to the Mountain Top), but I do became a bit incensed by Christian Self-Righteousness and may have made a remark or two. The IntenseDebate algorithm gives more emphasis on negative remarks than positive. You know the old adage, one aw sh*t wipes out a thousand atta-boys. So I'm going for the gold.

This post will likely earn me a few more negative points. Rest assured, I'm an 8.5 out of 10 conservative. I'm semi-socially conservative, fully against the murder of unborn children, and believer in the institution of marriage between a man and women for the purposes of creating children. I believe in allowing civil unions for gays (not "marriage" which is a religious sacrament).

This will definitely cause those on the Christian Right to ding me.

You asked, so I told you.

14. Marshall_Will on March 8th, 2011 10:55 pm

"so we’ll keep it off the ballots, do it through the courts, and make it a law"

And that would be The Portland WAY…! Still, I very much appreciated Newt's common sense approach to this. And don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating a revival of the horse & buggy days etc. Get back to us w/ something -solid- ( as in currently viable ) we're all ears!

Until such time, don't expect us to jump thru imaginary hoops.

15. Clu Seatoe on March 9th, 2011 12:29 am

??

16. SignPainterGuy on March 9th, 2011 3:06 am

I`m Christian Conservative from way back, but don`t look for me to push you on it unless you ask. I`ve read your comments at MM`s place for a long time and you`ve seemed level headed throughout !

I guess the negative does weigh more ! I thought one oh sh*t cancelled out only twenty atta boys, but maybe that`s a cultural thing !? ;-)

Thanks for the in-depth answer, interesting !

17. Soul on March 9th, 2011 10:18 am

Didn't have a chance to get to it yesterday. Welcome back, hope you made a million but didn't need to start with 2 to make it happen. Turning a wrench, putting cars together can take time and patiences, but I'm finding moving into a house is even more trying.

18. SignPainterGuy on March 9th, 2011 3:42 pm

Good luck with your new home ! I hope you don`t have a nosey book writing next-door neighbor !