Headlining a “tribute to the troops” will probably be remembered by voters in a more positive light than talking tax reform with Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney, so there’s little to no political downside to this:

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) will headline a military appreciation event and fundraiser on May 2 in Colorado — the same day as the first GOP presidential primary debate in California.

The potential presidential candidate is scheduled to speak at an event titled “Tribute to the Troops With Sarah Palin” at Colorado Christian University, in the Denver area.

The 7 p.m. Mountain Time event falls on the same day as the NBC News-Politico debate — the first of the GOP primary season — which will be held at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif.

That certainly doesn’t mean she’s not running. As a matter of fact, assuming she is running, considering the other hats that it looks like will be in the ring, she’d be wise to stay clear for a while and truly “go rogue” until much later in 2011 when things start to matter. Besides, she already had a good photo op at the Reagan Ranch.

Do you want to know which five candidates Charles Krauthammer predicts will be at the top vying for the GOP nomination? Well, you’re going to find out anyway:

Depressed yet? Hopefully the good doctor is way off base.

Comments

15 Responses to “Palin Won’t Be at First GOP Debate”

1. Steve on March 9th, 2011 3:02 pm

Romney ???

ROMNEY ???

SHEESH !!!

2. Joe Redfield on March 9th, 2011 3:04 pm

On the plus side, Gingrich and Huckabee didn't make the cut.

3. nannykins on March 9th, 2011 3:12 pm

Barbour is somewhat Okay, Huntsman IS a Democrat and the rest should just declare they are Democrats.

Sad, sad, sad.

4. Doug on March 9th, 2011 3:22 pm

Yeah, I feel like I need to wash the Bob Dole off me when I read the extended list of possibles. Too bad "okay" won't be enough to win in 2012.

5. SignPainterGuy on March 9th, 2011 3:25 pm

I`m sorry to say this as a Palin fan, but she`s too soft on illegal-alien amnesty for my taste. She may change her mind later, but add that to the hatred of her from the left, her presidency would be as troubled as the last 6 yrs. of Bush 43.

IF Huntsman is the son of the elder Huntsman who appeared with Glenn Beck a few weeks ago, he`d be good in many ways, but there`s some unknowns for me.

The others Doc. picked are NOs !

A belated "WELCOME HOME DOUG !!"

6. Clu Seatoe on March 9th, 2011 4:01 pm

And the extended nightly news bulletins would be about how Palin picked up her fork with the wrong hand at dinner or one of her kids sat in the wrong seat on Air Force One and had to be reseated.

7. Marshall_Will on March 9th, 2011 4:31 pm

( Please see MM's 'own' ref. to poster walterc at bottom: )

Clu, my primary objection wouldn't be on any of the aforementioned 'grounds'. And it's hardly that NG is in any way 'unfit/unqualified'. It's that he opitomizes everything that makes for an easy target for the Left. Lots of track-record/history for them to distort!

Nor am I being snide here. The truth is; I'd prefer the GOP go w/ a total unknown and by the time the LSM -quantifies- just 'who' this person really 'is' ( he'll already have been elected! ) Sound familiar?

8. Marshall_Will on March 9th, 2011 4:33 pm

-opitomizes
    +E-pitomizes

( lol )

9. SignPainterGuy on March 9th, 2011 4:46 pm

He once wore shoes that didn`t match his belt ! What a fashion maroon !!

Sorry, couldn`t resist ! ;-)

10. SignPainterGuy on March 9th, 2011 4:48 pm

It would be gross nonsense – absolutely, but it would be loud as a Mardi Gras parade and unending !! No what I mean ?!

11. SignPainterGuy on March 9th, 2011 4:52 pm

The "new tone" must be like the claims of tv advertisers…….

"We don`t actually turn up the volume on our commercials; we use unused frequencies that make it 'seem' louder, that`s all !"

HORSE PUCKY !!

12. Jim on March 9th, 2011 5:30 pm

Is it just me or do all those guys look alike?

13. Joe Redfield on March 9th, 2011 8:11 pm

Gingrich's major failing is his past endorsements of the AGW scam, which tells me that either he is not bright enough to be President, or doesn't have the guts to stand his ground when he's right. Also, in practical terms, he doesn't scare Progressives. Any conservative candidate ought to put some fear in the Left.

14. SignPainterGuy on March 9th, 2011 8:24 pm

Dittos Joe !

15. RoseB on March 9th, 2011 9:45 pm

I'm not being too picky about a candidate this time. All I'm asking is that they're not a communist.