My afternoon ended up crazier than I expected, so let’s use this space to discuss any breaking news, tell “Michael Moore’s so fat…” jokes, mock politicians, or all of the above.

Possible topic for discussion: Obama is quoted as having said that it would be much easier to be president of China. Well, when you can just squish critics with tanks or throw them in prison to rot, I don’t doubt it.

Enjoy the evening, and I should be back up to speed here soon!

Comments

33 Responses to “Friday Afternoon Open”

1. RoseB on March 11th, 2011 7:19 pm

Obama doesn't really want to lead; he wants to rule. His good friend Jarrett was quoted as saying that he is "ready to rule" shorty before the inauguration. I think he'd be fantastic as a ruler. He really knows how to party and he could play basketball and go golfing all the time. He's certainly not doing any good by being president.

2. Marshall_Will on March 11th, 2011 7:25 pm

"Possible topic for discussion: Obama is quoted as having said that it would be much easier to be president of China."

Or… at the rate he's going ( wouldn't it just be easier for him to accelerate the inevitable and simply place the good old Stars & Bars in receivership NOW and get it over with? )

Guys, very clever of him but this is just another carefully encrypted way to Blame Bush. Desperate and unflattering comments of this caliber would've played just FINE in '09. Now they just make us -all- look soopid.

Look P' BO, if you want to quit well then QUIT already! GS done be tired yo' thit any damn way?

3. Marshall_Will on March 11th, 2011 7:33 pm

P' BO's wet dream for the U.S Economy:

Hint: ( You're not in the cool black muscle car )

4. Marshall_Will on March 11th, 2011 7:39 pm

+10,000

Oh and change your screen name to QueenB.

And that's a 'coronation' ( not an inAUGuration )

Content Warning: Vid linked below -not- for the squeamish. IMHO.

5. joyannaadams on March 11th, 2011 9:52 pm

Jeffery Immelt has said the very same thing.

6. Nanny on March 11th, 2011 9:52 pm

Japan has just gone thru hell with an 8.9 earthquake and Obamao pledges US support because our ties with Japan are "unshakable". Nice play on words there bub. Good grief – a five year old could write better stuff for him.

And did you notice – the press did not ask one single question about Wisconsin today – all by design I am sure so he couldn't put his foot in his mouth.

7. Nanny on March 11th, 2011 10:07 pm

I see where the NFL players union just decertified their union so they can file anti-trust lawsuits against the owners. Instead of a strike there will now be a "work stoppage". Work stoppage my arse – these guys get paid millions to play a game – by their own choosing. And they also get popped for drugs, guns, dog fighting, spousal abuse, rape, drunk driving, herpes and all sorts of illicit behavior. And now they are going to call the owners on the carpet. Go to hell – I could care less if I ever see another NFL game again with these cry babies on the field.

Stand strong owners – just like Walker in Wisconsin!!! And when you bring the cry babies to their knees – make sure every player has a morals clause in their contract that calls for immediate dismissal from the NFL – not from the team – banned for life from playing in the NFL!!!

8. OK_Loyalist on March 11th, 2011 10:22 pm

Boehner is about to hose us.

9. SignPainterGuy on March 11th, 2011 10:57 pm

From your link last night, Michelle Bachman and Steve King are all over this, much more so than Boehner who prefers a later, more piecemeal approach (death by a thousand cuts) instead of B and K`s "nip it now before automatic funding is in place" and can`t be removed easily at all !

Good job lad !

I`ve signed so many petitions, my congress-critter sends me e-mail updates thanking me for my interest even on subjects I haven`t petitioned her about !! I won`t complain !

10. OK_Loyalist on March 11th, 2011 11:04 pm

For two flippin' years I 'died' to be part of the discourse at MM's and something this important comes up and they want to BS about Hollywood drivel.

Here is what I did, instead of just emailing my US Rep, I emailed our local a.m. jock on the station that has Levin on it and begged him to get our 5 US Reps position on this.

11. SignPainterGuy on March 11th, 2011 11:08 pm

For the very reasons you cite, I have never been a sports fan. Too many cry babies !

I like motorsports, during the races, not for interviews or garage shows. Even the club-level motorcycle racers I`ve known personally get to be premadonas (sp) ! Ridiculous !

12. SignPainterGuy on March 11th, 2011 11:18 pm

I`m just so proud to be there !

Good for you and good luck effecting their programming ! You may have better luck with e-mailing ML directly ! He`s already interested – he mentioned his "Levin Surge" thing !

13. SignPainterGuy on March 11th, 2011 11:19 pm

BTW, Steve King is near the top of my fave congress-critter list ! Smart man and on the ball !

14. OK_Loyalist on March 11th, 2011 11:28 pm

Ernest Istook, Heritage Foundation, ex-OK Congressman & radio guest on station with Levin, is no slouch either. Bachmann & King were conservative minded enough to listen.

15. Marshall_Will on March 11th, 2011 11:42 pm

OKL,

I followed your link and to be honest, it only reinforces ( I suppose ) ALL of our worst fears! As most opponents long suspected, the 'funding' ( read extortion ) of Jerk-care has all the hallmarks of mad-bombers best work.

Cut the 'blue' wire and it blows up in you face. Cut the red wire and sulfuric acid floods your athletic supporter. Cut the GREEN wire… well let's not even THINK about 'that' one!

Rube Goldberg would be proud. Not to make excuses for MM_Loyalists but… I attribute much of it a syndrome called Teh One Fatigue. Right now… 'everyone' on the Right is fatigued! Throw in what may [sadly] prove to be M's abduction and even the most mature among us spirals into nervous silliness. Doug had such a bellyful, ( dude went to Vegas! ) And I don't blame him.

16. OK_Loyalist on March 11th, 2011 11:55 pm

This is the time to fight before it metastasizes. Lay down now and all is for naught.

17. SignPainterGuy on March 12th, 2011 12:11 am

Rube Goldberg / mad bomb maker – haaah – perfect analogy !

18. SignPainterGuy on March 12th, 2011 12:13 am

Yeeeeeesss !!

19. OK_Loyalist on March 12th, 2011 12:20 am

And now, your MM_Loyalists are off with StaceyOfDistraction.

"I'm tired" works how well in the military?

20. OK_Loyalist on March 12th, 2011 12:50 am

Alright, I caved, where were we ? :D

21. SignPainterGuy on March 12th, 2011 1:06 am

Bless Stacey`s heart , she got called !

22. OK_Loyalist on March 12th, 2011 1:13 am

She's admittedly said she isn't there to learn.

She's the distraction tactic.

23. SignPainterGuy on March 12th, 2011 1:18 am

She is young and christian – she`s supposed to love everyone. I have no problem loving everyone myself….it`s the liking and respecting that gives me problems !

And she`s said a couple things that make me suspect she also black ! It would explain it !

24. SignPainterGuy on March 12th, 2011 1:23 am

Every night for a week or so, TNT switches to Spanish dubbing for a few minutes. I wonder if they`ve been bugged or if a tech thinks it`s funny ?

25. Ken in Texas on March 12th, 2011 1:30 am

A guy walks into a bar with a large brown paper bag. He sits down at the bar, reaches into the bag and takes out two mice dressed in tiny tuxedos, and a very small grand piano……..aw, never mind.

26. SignPainterGuy on March 12th, 2011 1:34 am

I e-mailed TNT with my complaint. Dang it, I`m tryin` to watch "I am legend" ! The voiceover just doesn`t sound at all like Will Smith !

27. SignPainterGuy on March 12th, 2011 1:41 am

Now it`s back to English !

28. SignPainterGuy on March 12th, 2011 1:45 am

Now it`s back to Spanish !
    I`ll bet they got my e-mail !

JERKS ! Right at the end !

29. SignPainterGuy on March 12th, 2011 1:46 am

Someone at MM`s recently set the scene:
    You`re at the drive in watching a movie. Near the end, you`re about to learn the identity of the killer/ kidnapper……(click-click) "The concession stand is closing in 5 minutes. Please return the speakers to the stands. We hope you enjoy the remainder of the movie. Have a good evening,"

30. SignPainterGuy on March 12th, 2011 2:43 am

Keep an eye on the sky folks, pigs just may be flying ! Yep, Billy Jeff Clinton is on our side, on one subject at least…..from Weasel Zippers, der Schickmeister is blasting Obozo for not issuing drilling permits !

Keep those heavy beach umbrellas handy !

31. Nanny on March 12th, 2011 10:52 am

While Michigan burns – our incompetents in government continue the drive to give Hollyweird their props and subsidies

32. Nanny on March 12th, 2011 11:42 am

Doug:

I hope you can do a piece on this little tid bit I picked up over at Big Government. We now have the heads of unions from police, sheriff and firefighters threatening private citizens with boycotts if they don't drop their support of Walker in Wisconsin.

I have always supported police and firefighters as public servants but I am beginning to have second thoughts. This is very disturbing that people we employ to protect us are now in the "mob" business. I am assuming that their threats include not responding to an emergency situation at this man's business.

The open war fare against taxpayers is on – thanks to Obamao and his goons.

33. Doug on March 12th, 2011 12:38 pm

Kitty, I hadn't seen that. Working on something for that now at MMs place. Thanks!