Not enough of Eric Holder’s “my people” have been passing the test to become Dayton, Ohio police officers.

So what’s the solution? Encourage minority applicants to study harder? Oh hell no — all you have to do is lower the score needed to pass:

DAYTON — The Dayton Police Department is lowering its testing standards for recruits.

It’s a move required by the U.S. Department of Justice after it says not enough African-Americans passed the exam.

Dayton is in desperate need of officers to replace dozens of retirees. The hiring process was postponed for months because the D.O.J. rejected the original scores provided by the Dayton Civil Service Board, which administers the test.

Under the previous requirements, candidates had to get a 66% on part one of the exam and a 72% on part two.

The D.O.J. approved new scoring policy only requires potential police officers to get a 58% and a 63%. That’s the equivalent of an ‘F’ and a ‘D’.

“It becomes a safety issue for the people of our community,” said Dayton Fraternal Order of Police President, Randy Beane. “It becomes a safety issue to have an incompetent officer next to you in a life and death situation.”

The real “safety issue” is having incompetent social activists and PC community organizers running the federal government and issuing brain dead decrees to local authorities.

Eric Holder worries about what’s demeaning to “his people”, but he doesn’t consider calling all of them too stupid to pass a test without drastically lowering standards to be demeaning? That’s Hope & Change for ya.

Comments

20 Responses to “Department of Justice Orders Lowering of Police Test Standards”

1. OK_Loyalist on March 13th, 2011 7:44 pm

We had/have a similar situation here in Tulsa with black applicants getting promotions. Hell now, only two black officers are aloud to go on a call where they have to go into one of the housing complexes as not to offend the residents.

2. SignPainterGuy on March 13th, 2011 9:46 pm

This is all so stupid to me ! There should be ONE STANDARD set to be met or exceeded by everyone across the board – no exceptions. PERIOD !!

I remember just a few years ago when CA was considering teaching Ebonics in school and having it accepted as a legitimate form of speech…..two big named black figures, Bill Cosby and another (I wish I could remember his name), who spoke out loudly against it saying in effect,"It amounted to an admission that blacks are too stupid and / or too lazy to learn and to speak clear English !"

3. Warren on March 13th, 2011 10:08 pm

SignPainterGuy is correct. There should be one standard, and if one group cannot measure up, well, that's too bad. Especially when we, the people, are looking for protection.

4. Clu Seatoe on March 13th, 2011 10:53 pm

Eric Holder: “My people” are DUMB so DUMB IT DOWN!

That’s the definition of “entitlement”: DUMB IT DOWN.

If one were to research entitlements in this country you would probably find that Eric’s “people” became eligible when the expectation was decreased and the qualifying bar was lowered.

In this case that’s exactly what was required. They weren’t asked too, nor does it say that the test was changed in any way. They just lowered the passing grade.

5. Clu Seatoe on March 13th, 2011 11:08 pm

You’re making the typical Conservative, Constitutional, Bill of Rights error:

To the left-wing socialist there is no “we the people.” They have been replaced by the Proletariat and the socialist has no concept of the term.

6. Clu Seatoe on March 13th, 2011 11:48 pm

Ah, I get it now, I know why it’s called a “liberal” arts degree — it’s the effortless degree, it’s the giveaway degree. It might as well be call an “the socialist entitlement” degree. In Dayton, OH they’re giving them away for a 58 percentile score.

Wonder if I can get one online.

7. connie on March 14th, 2011 12:36 am

I just don't know what has happened to standards…except political correctness has taken hold and nothing is sacred anymore.

Doug – can you verify your email for me? Want to send you a message.. Thanks! Connie

8. SignPainterGuy on March 14th, 2011 1:46 am

What was I thinking ? That words really do have meaning ? That the US Constitution is the finest governing document ever written, short of the Bible of course ?

Gaaawwwlleee, what was I thinking ?! Which do I need, smartnin` up or dumbin` down…? I`m confused !

9. SignPainterGuy on March 14th, 2011 1:53 am

Yes indeedy do ! For a nominal fee, two credit card numbers, bank acct. nos., Mom`s maiden name and both your photo IDs, that genuine copy of a BS degree on certified simulated imitation parchment can be yours !

10. Jim T. on March 14th, 2011 2:04 am

Once again this administration rewards failure: the banks, GM-Chrysler, now public service applicants…I know I'm missing some examples but how can you keep track of all this insanity?

Given that I live in Cincinnati but love to go to Dayton to visit the Wright -Patterson Air Force Museum it just thrills me to know I will be less safe there from now on.

11. Jim T. on March 14th, 2011 2:10 am

I remember seeing video of Cosby at the 55th Emmy awards. Wanda Sykes went out into the audience and started bothering him (the annoyed look on his face was priceless).

She was talking about how amazed she was with the Cosby Show: "You all were crazy!! You used scripts and all that". (Not a direct quote but her ebonics was in full force).

Cosby simply responded: "Yes, and we spoke English".

Classic!

12. swede on March 14th, 2011 4:22 am

"Wright -Patterson Air Force Museum"

Looooove that place. I was a Civil Air Patrol cadet in Wisconsin (ca '69) and they flew us to WPAFB in …wait for it…a vintage DC3! They made us navagate the floght with the ancient OMNI system, and a radio direction finder. (That or just keep I 65 outside your right window). Havent been there in 20 years. Any new restored war birds?

I try to stop at the Naval Aviation Museum at NAS Pensacola when I'm in the area. Awesome collection and restoration. Certifiable war bird freak.

13. SignPainterGuy on March 14th, 2011 5:04 am

We had a CAP program at my HS at that same time, too. We didn`t get to fly in anything big, but for $10. an hour, pilots would fly us around in their Cessnas and Pipers till our money ran out from the regional airport, the old one and several grass fields, many don`t exist anymore ! Great fun !

If you go on Google Earth, north of Kokomo,IN on US31, there`s Grissom Air Reserve Base (refueling jets) and an air museum at the north end. Not large, but neat anyway. The WartHog was my fave ! We passed it on our way to MI for race weekends and would stop if the right time of day !

14. Obama DOJ Forcing Police to Lower Standards for African Americans « Mayrant&rave on March 14th, 2011 7:52 am

[...] Doug Powers comment to this debacle: [...]

15. swede on March 14th, 2011 10:24 am

Our CAP squadron got a 1949 Piper Cub, two seater, front/back, stick and rudder. In the front seat it said "NO SMOKING" on the gas tank – pretty much in your lap behind the engine. Little 4 cylinder Continental that ran like new. We had the opposite problem you did. If we didn't put enough hours on the plane they'd give it to another squadron, so we were up every week doing traffic counts, aerial reconnaissance and any other excuse we could think of. In the summer we took the doors off and flew it with the side open. Got my ground school and flight time for my pilot's licence all through CAP. Flew my first solo in that Cub. O crap, you got me started. Sigh…. Good times.

16. nannykins on March 14th, 2011 11:28 am

Well according to the Wisconsin "Professional" Police Association, you are going to get a "professional" officer sent to your emergency ONLY if you are 1. A union member, 2. A liberal progressive, 3. A Democrat lawmaker, 4. All of the above.

17. ReaganiteGOPer on March 14th, 2011 11:57 am

He's got some sort of affinity for dummies it seems

From the look of Holder's pals in the NBP, the standard over there can't be any higher than the ability to buckle their own jackboots lol

18. Jim T. on March 14th, 2011 8:11 pm

They have added quite a bit in 20 years. Two new hangars have been added on as well as a tower housing the ICBMs that used to be lined up outside.

Check their website. Haven't been on it in a few years but it used to have a profile and a picture of every plane.

A few years back i would go up there three or four times a year. Often while driving to work I would call out for the day and drive on up to the museum for the day (easy to do as I work on deadlines so no big deal to take a personal day). The museum is still free and funded on donations and merch sales. They also have an IMAX theater now.

I also recommend the Wright Brother's Memorial at the Outer Banks if you haven't been yet.

19. SignPainterGuy on March 15th, 2011 12:57 am

I want to see the Wright Bros. museum. Was there in the early `60s, a monument and the flight launch rail outside – I remember the flyer inside, but nothing else about the museum. It must be better now !

20. tony on March 16th, 2011 12:48 am

this should not surprise anyone. Barack Obama is the epitomy of lower standards. If he were not african american, he would not be president. this is precisely why he will not release any of his grades from college or law school. This is also the reason that he is pointing this county in the direction called DOWN. He will not take a leadership role on anything, and all the fools that think he is the best thing ever stand around and tell each other how great he is. He is an empty suit, with no real conviction, or values. He waits until something has played out, then tries to jump on the winning side. Now our police, like our president will be second rate. Just hope you never have to receive help from one of these new police recruits that failed the test to become police officers. unbelievable.