Somebody who works for Chollie Rangel is an arrogant dick? Gosh, I never would have guessed:

Charlie Rangel’s deputy chief of staff, Geoffrey Eaton, threw such a fit over a missing umbrella during Thursday night’s downpour at Harlem’s popular Chez Lucienne restaurant that management had to call police to escort him out.

According to witnesses, Eaton, 52 — who’s also president of the NAACP’s Midtown branch — flew into a rage after a meal alone at the bar of the Lenox Avenue bistro when the staff couldn’t find the umbrella he insisted he’d left by the door on his way in.

“He yelled at everyone, even the customers,” said the manager on duty, who asked not to be named. “We said, ‘We’ll give you another umbrella.’ Other people offered . . . we said, ‘If that’s not enough, we’ll pay for your cab home.’ Because I know him, I let him stay for a while. I talked to him nicely, as I do with all of my customers. We tried to calm him down. I have never seen him that way. Maybe something went a little wrong.”

BET.com contributor Bevy Smith, who was dining separately at the bistro, told us, “He cursed out the entire waitstaff, and everyone was trying to appease him. He was like, ‘Bleep that, I want a bleeping umbrella, why the bleep can’t you find it?’ ”

“I said, ‘Shhhh.’ He yells at me, ‘Bleep you, and mind your own bleeping business . . . you’re a disgrace to our race.’”

“Mind your own bleeping business”? Gee, where did he learn to talk like that?

(h/t JWF)

Comments

14 Responses to “Non-Shocker of the Day: Charlie Rangel’s Aide is a Rude, Disrespectful Asshat”

1. Marshall_Will on March 14th, 2011 12:26 pm

OT Warning!:

Speaking of rude @sshats? Here's marching orders from the very source of all things twisted logic!

Clever title may spare you actually having to read the DA link?

2. cdl on March 14th, 2011 12:53 pm

My old track coach told me once that I was a disgrace to the race.

I think he meant that I was slow.

Or was it because I am white?

Now I'm confused.

"Bleep!"

3. Marshall_Will on March 14th, 2011 12:56 pm

cdl,

LOL! ( Yeah, 'my' coach too? ) I know had I been working in that restaurant I'd have told him what he can DO with his umbrella!? Yeah… ALL of it.

4. Clu Seatoe on March 14th, 2011 1:01 pm

Everyone is a king on a throne in his own eyes.

5. Doug on March 14th, 2011 1:13 pm

Funny how the Dems are now fretting about government over-reaching, especially hot on the heels of supporting a massive health care takeover, but even still, I can understand the concern from others about state and federal governments usurping local governments — or at least giving themselves authority to do so.

But if local governments continue to be bankrupted by reckless spending they're going to invite this kind of thing. The irony is that the reason some local communities hands are tied on spending is because of state and federal regulations — so I have little faith that the state or fed will solve anything by stepping in. Make it worse? Perhaps.

6. Warren on March 14th, 2011 1:29 pm

Could you expect anything else from Charlie Rangel's staff?

7. Clu Seatoe on March 14th, 2011 1:58 pm

Entitlements have been around for so many generations in MI (and elsewhere) that at this point in time the receivers probably have never thought about where the money comes from (other than the mail). So to them it’s reasonable to think, “Why don’t the states get it from the same place?”

Hey, there’s a new plank for the socialist platform — State’s entitlements. It can be modeled after the dead-weight and illegal’s entitlements.

8. SignPainterGuy on March 14th, 2011 3:06 pm

Your expression gets better mileage than a Chebby Volt ! ;-)

9. Marshall_Will on March 14th, 2011 4:10 pm

"The irony is that the reason some local communities hands are tied on spending is because of state and federal regulations"

Uh… gotta' POINT there Doug! Jumping thru one mandate hoop after another is expensive ( and tiring! ) In my biz, you have one of (2) choices where Regulatory Creep are concerned.

Throw TIME at it.., or MONEY! I approximate 30% of my time goes toward "Compliance Regulations". On top of Fed ( securities reg's ) there's add'l State hoops for your fitness pleasure.

10. Warren on March 14th, 2011 6:34 pm

Come on now, SignPainterGuy, be nice. EVERYONE knows that the Volt is the salvation of our planet! lol

11. SignPainterGuy on March 14th, 2011 6:51 pm

You betcha ! A Chebby Volt is the salvation of the planet just as a redneck is the smartest guy in the croud just after he yells, "Hey y`all, watch `is !"

12. OK_Loyalist on March 14th, 2011 11:04 pm

Doug mentions "Rude, Disrespectful Asshat" and Nick shows up ….

Just sayin'

13. Doug on March 14th, 2011 11:46 pm

It's just like shining the Bat-signal, except it works faster!

14. OK_Loyalist on March 15th, 2011 12:38 am

°O° Signal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVFdAJRVm94 For those that know not what I refer to