Donald Trump, possible candidate for president, has reiterated that he is a “committed Republican.”

Last month I wrote about how 60% of Trump’s campaign donations to political candidates have gone to Democrats, many of them far left libs.

Here’s how Trump explains to Republicans why this isn’t a bad thing:

Trump makes no apologies for the contributions, acknowledging in a HUMAN EVENTS exclusive that he’s amiable with Reid, Schumer, and Kerry. “I will tell you they are all friends of mine. That’s an asset, really an asset, because when I look at the conflict going on with everybody in Washington, it’s like deadlock. And I’ve known these people for many years. They’ve been friends of mine, and you have to remember that I come from a very Democratic state.”

Make you more comfortable with him, fellow conservatives? Didn’t think so. He sounds a little like John McCain on steroids.

“Elect me because I can forge alliances with Reid, Schumer and Kerry!” No thanks, Donald — we already have a president who does that.

Comments

7 Responses to “Trump a ‘Committed Republican’?”

1. Marshall_Will on March 15th, 2011 12:33 pm

Simply copping to the "Lesser Charge". It's easier for The Donald to explain that after all these years and his many, many connections certainly he would have come across these people within his circle of influence.

Rather than own up to: This is just how Wall Street WORKS! You throw money at whomever is in power to gain favorable tax-treatment, Cap Gains, fewer regulations etc. WS is not exactly 'popular' right now so let's credit DT w/ having that much presence of mind?

Still, he's in no way a serious candidate like NG. Here's what I like about his potential as a candidate: Given Teh Won was nothing more than a "media sensation" ( think beanie babies/Cabbage Patch Dolls etc. ) this would be fighting fire w/ fire. Like Ann Coulter, I CRINGE at the thought of another rigid hopeful.

2. backwoods on March 15th, 2011 12:35 pm

I don't know, but believing he's committed might be grounds for a visit from some guys in white coats.

3. SignPainterGuy on March 15th, 2011 1:18 pm

My 1st thought too !

4. SignPainterGuy on March 15th, 2011 1:21 pm

The Donald has made money by the train-car load. He has also lost money by the train-car load. Beyond being on someone`s financial advisory team, I don`t see political office in his future !

5. joyannaadams on March 15th, 2011 2:49 pm

I was upset when he put the Chinese colors on the Empire State Building. I'm glad I don't live in New York.

6. swede on March 15th, 2011 5:38 pm

"This is just how Wall Street WORKS! You throw money at whomever is in power to gain favorable tax-treatment, Cap Gains, fewer regulations etc."
    Eggs-actly Marshall. Trump is absolutely, intensely and singularly loyal to… Donald. Hand over heart…

I pledge allegiance to the corporate logo
    of Trump Holdings International
    And to the profit for which it stands
    One megaconglomerate, under ME
    With wealth and power for ME

7. Truth And Common Sense − Donald Trump for President? Trading an ego with an attitude for one with a bad comb over. Really? on March 18th, 2011 12:49 pm

[...] use Doug Powers’ site as a launching point to a short [...]