From the opening line of “For the first time in my adult life, I was proud of my country asparagus…” you’ll be hooked:

There’s a new author in the White House: Michelle Obama.

The first lady has signed with the Crown Publishing Group for a book about the garden she started on the South Lawn of the White House and the benefits of healthy eating. The book, currently untitled, is scheduled to come out in April 2012. Obama received no advance and will donate all proceeds to a charity or charities to be determined.

As always, in the spirit of bipartisanship, I’d like to help with a title. How about “The Audacity of Cantaloupe”?

Comments

9 Responses to “Dreams From My Feijoa: Michelle Obama to Write Book About White House Garden”

1. OK_Loyalist on March 17th, 2011 11:41 am

How about "The Audacity of an Out Of Control Ass" ?

It could cover both Moochelle's back side and Barry's agenda.

2. SignPainterGuy on March 17th, 2011 12:42 pm

Will it be ghost written by Bernadine Dorne (sp)? We know Mean Moochelle is really busy poking her nose into everyone elses business / eating habits – how much time does she have ?

2,000 lb. of "fresh" fruits and veggies from FLOTUS`s garden – grown in human sewage…….I guess "fresh" is a matter of perspective !

Just how much produce IS 2,000 lb. and how big IS this garden ? I think this is a good time to say, "I don`t believe THE LIBERAL MEDIA" !

3. ShirleyUJest on March 17th, 2011 1:07 pm

I'd be as anxious to read Moose-chelle's book as I would be to read a book about beauty secrets written by Helen Thomas

4. swede on March 17th, 2011 1:12 pm

"The White House said the garden has yielded more than 2,000 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables."

What's her secret? In my experience, to get that much produce from a 1500 sq ft garden would require several truckloads of… BS. Should be in abundant supply at 1600 Penn Ave.

5. Doug on March 17th, 2011 1:34 pm

No kidding… the only way THAT garden is producing 2,000 pounds of fruit and veggies is if they're being weighed by Michael Moore while he's also standing on the scale.

6. Clu Seatoe on March 17th, 2011 1:44 pm

Would you believe a photo of Mao sprawled under the hood of his limo or feet dangling out of one of the cowlings of Air force One with a caption of MAO’S BOOK OF BOEING 747 REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE?

7. SignPainterGuy on March 17th, 2011 2:25 pm

Long answer – NOOOOOOOOOOO !

8. nannykins on March 17th, 2011 3:43 pm

LOL – That thar is funny!!!

9. nannykins on March 17th, 2011 3:47 pm

They claim they fix meals with this garden stuff – however, they did say they "supplement" the harvests with store bought – so add it up.

20 lbs of taters and 1920 lbs. of store bought = 2000 lbs. Simple liberal math in all they do – just take a look at the health care bill – same thing.