Helen Thomas in Playboy — or as some refer to it: The fifth horseman of the apocalypse.

Okay, don’t panic. For a second there you might have been more turned off than Helen in a kosher deli, but it’s not as bad as the headline implies. It could have been worse — much worse. What I’m referring to is just an interview with Helen Thomas that appears in Playboy. Whew. But Hef must be getting too old to realize that even the name on the cover could be an unwanted dose of saltpeter to prospective magazine buyers.

From the interview, some typical Helen Thomas terrorism justification:

On Palestinian violence against the Israelis: “Of course I don’t condone any violence against anyone. But who wouldn’t fight for their country? What would any American do if their land was being taken? Remember Pearl Harbor. The Palestinian violence is to protect what little remains of Palestine. The suicide bombers act out of despair and desperation. Three generations of Palestinians have been forced out of their homes — by Israelis — and into refugee camps.”

In the interview, Thomas insists she doesn’t hate Jews — she just understands why people want to kill them.

And it would appear that Barack Obama has lost Helen Thomas — not that at this point in Helen’s embarrassing nosedive of a career this will bother Obama one bit:

On her belief that Hillary Clinton and President Obama would be liberal: “I thought, naively perhaps, that [Hillary Clinton] and Obama would bring change, that they would be different. I assumed wrongly that they would be liberal because he’s black and she’s a woman. It’s maddening.”

Helen Thomas thinking Obama hasn’t behaved like a liberal is the best evidence that she has indeed lost her mind — something she denies in the interview.

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

17 Responses to “Worst Nightmare Realized: Helen Thomas in Playboy”

1. Doug on March 18th, 2011 4:34 pm

I'm ready to stone myself to death just for thinking about it…

2. sizemorew on March 18th, 2011 8:43 pm

Well, there's an issue of Playboy that would put anyone off their feed for the rest of their lives.

And she doesn't think Obama isn't liberal? What?

3. Mike S. on March 18th, 2011 9:25 pm

This might be the only issue of Playboy where a husband could convince his wife that he only bought it for the pictures…

4. Mike S. on March 18th, 2011 9:28 pm

and no, NOT the picture of Helen Thomas, either. Even if it's just a "head" shot, that would be disgusting.

5. Marshall_Will on March 18th, 2011 9:48 pm

Oh… let's get extreme here? I'll stick to knocking my teeth out one-at-a-time w/ a tack hammer.

"The suicide bombers act out of despair and desperation" Translation? Blame the victim.

"I assumed wrongly that they would be liberal because he’s black and she’s a woman. It’s maddening.” ( Well! Thank -goodness- neither is a Jew!? )

We're sorry Helen, just how 'much' of a DEFICIT need a Black/Non-Kosher gal/guy run UP in order to 'qualify' as a Liberal? Just curious.

6. OK_Loyalist on March 18th, 2011 9:52 pm

Alright, who threw that? C'Mon who threw that?

7. swede on March 18th, 2011 9:55 pm

Yeah, choosing between seeing the batface centerfold and, say, pouring sulferic acid in my eyes… guess I'd have to go with the acid.

8. Clu Seatoe on March 18th, 2011 10:05 pm

Palestinian Arabs have been offered the opportunity to create a state many times, starting with plans advanced during the British Mandate which the Arabs rejected. Then the United Nation partition plan of 1947, which brought Israel into existence, included a nation for the Palestinians, but the Arabs rejected it. Over the decades since there has been plan after plan that would bring peace to the region and a state for the Palestinians: all they had to do was let Israel live in peace. Arabs rejected all these plans, up to and including at Camp David in 2000 and Taba in 2001, and kept the armed struggle going.

In all probability there will be an independent Palestinian Arab state some day, but only after the Palestinian Arabs find leadership that is committed to peace with Israel.

9. Marshall_Will on March 18th, 2011 10:20 pm

opportunity to create a state many times

which the Arabs rejected

but the Arabs rejected it

Arabs rejected all these plans

Clu, are you attempting to convey there's some sort of 'pattern' here? I mean if you have a point, I wish you'd just come out and SAY it?

10. The Watcher on March 18th, 2011 10:23 pm

Playboy won't be able to print enough of their 'usual photographic fare' to wash even the idea of Helen Thomas in Playboy out of MY brain.

11. Clu Seatoe on March 18th, 2011 11:21 pm

POINT —
    In factual likelihood there will NEVER be peace between the two. There will NEVER be an Arab leader who will make real lasting peace when they are taught from infancy to hate Jews like the blacks in Jeremiah Wright’s “church” are taught to hate Jews and the Euro- and Scandia-Americans. ?All the do-da-day?.

12. Nanny on March 18th, 2011 11:53 pm

Well, lets put it this way, hubby won't be buying this copy in unopened plastic and putting next to Vanna White and Katarina Vitt hoping it's going to be worth money someday.

13. cdl on March 19th, 2011 12:29 am

"What would any American do if their land was taken?"

How do you get your land back, Helen, when you've killed yourself with a bomb?

Curiously, does anyone know what the Palestinians called the land before them Jews took it?

What kind of government did they have?

Did they have a capital?

What was their currency?

Who was their president? or whatever he was called?

Did they have running water?

14. Marshall_Will on March 19th, 2011 12:40 am

?All the do-da-day?.

ROFLMAO! ( How does… he DO that!? )

Right, again, Friedman ( Stratfor.com ) has said the stalemate will continue unabated w/ Turkey being the closest thing to a dominant Arab nation. Not ironically he also concludes they will make no effort to reach out to the Jews.

Their inability to come to terms w/ this issue only assures their place at the back of the bus. Enjoy the ride fellas!

All the do-da-century…

15. OK_Loyalist on March 19th, 2011 12:45 am

My mother, who knew damn well that I read my two older brothers Playboy's. Youngest of 4 on my 14th BDay Mom asked what I wanted, and I told her a subscription to Playboy, and she did it. Hell now, you probably could get arrested or some crap due to all the whackos and pervs out there.

Funny too, as soon as they started arriving, my father told me that it would be fine when I'm done to put them in the parents bathroom so he could read them as well.

16. OK_Loyalist on March 19th, 2011 1:43 am

"ROFLMAO! ( How does… he DO that!? ) "

I shared, your turn…

17. Jim T. on March 19th, 2011 7:14 am

This is how the Regime wishes to treat those who dare speak the sacred middle name of the One: "Hussein".