Gateway Pundit live blogged Sarah Palin’s keynote speech at the India Today Conclave in New Delhi this morning.

Here are a few items from the post-speech Q & A:

On foreign policy-
Sarah Palin: There would have been more decisiveness. We have a rich tradition on being on the side of those who seek freedom. “Less dithering and more decisiveness.”
*****

On the tea party movement-
Sarah Palin: The tea party patriots just want the Constitution to be followed. It’s smaller smarter government. It’s too good to have a leader.
*****

On campaigning for VP-
Sarah Palin: You can’t really trust the media. You have to have the boldness and courage of setting the record straight. Especially when they have made their choice… I’m not just going to sit back and take it. I’ve learned you can’t just trust the media to set the record straight. Republicans have the fighting instinct of sheep sometimes. I don’t play the victim card when they do choose to set the election straight.
*****

On losing election-
Sarah Palin: Obama was a change agent.

Question: But so were you.

Sarah Palin: But I wasn’t on the top of the ticket.
*****

Sarah Palin: It’s time a woman became president of the United States of America. (Applause)
*****

Sarah Palin: I am a strong supporter of peace through strength… If we want a more peaceful world India and America must work more closely together.
*****

Her role in Republican Party-
Sarah Palin: I’m pretty independent and some people don’t like that… I’m a mom and I just don’t have the time to play some of the games the guys want to play.
*****

Last question – Will your husband be called the first man?
Sarah Palin: First dude.

Unlike Barack Obama, Sarah Palin didn’t have the coconuts removed from the trees before arriving, preferring to use them for target practice on the way into the auditorium.

Now it’s on to Israel and a meeting with Benjamin Netanyahu.

This concludes today’s test of the PDS Incitement System.

Update: Nice Deb has video of the entire speech here.

Comments

21 Responses to “Speaking in India, Sarah Palin Sure Sounds Like She’s Running for President”

1. VaGal on March 19th, 2011 5:20 pm

I have always been a fan of Sarah Palin but, I was not sure how I felt about her as a Presidential candidate. I thought there were other areas in which she could better serve the conservative movement. However, I have found myself warming up to the idea of her as President, especially with events such as this. I admire Rep. Bachmann and Herman Cain, but few have dared take on this Administration the way Sarah Palin has. The more the left and the elitist RINOs bash her, the more it convinces me she could be the one to stop the insanity. If they fear her so much then they must believe she can win. Like Rush and Levin, I want Sen. Rubio to run (Rubio/Palin? I can dream, right?), but as long as a strong true conservative steps up to the plate I will be happy. I really, really do not want to hold my nose to vote for another "moderate" again.

2. MrOblique on March 19th, 2011 5:27 pm

Palin would be professional as President but I still have fantasies about her trolling Democrats. Go on Rachel Maddow and wait for the perfect opportunity for Plain to put her fingers in her ears and say, "I'm not listening to you, nanananana." I can just see Maddow's expression as she jerks around like a parakeet.

3. OK_Loyalist on March 19th, 2011 7:06 pm

"I really, really do not want to hold my nose to vote for another "moderate" again. "

I did it last time only because of Palin on the ticket, NEVER again. If the GOP puts up another cheesed!ck like McCain, the GOP is getting my (R) voter registration card in the mail. I will NEVER vote for another R candidate as long as I'm sucking air. Not preaching at you, just sayin'

4. backwoods on March 19th, 2011 7:34 pm

She's my first pick. We need a fighter to bring real change to Washington. She is definitely a fighter.

5. VaGal on March 19th, 2011 8:18 pm

Let's just hope it does not come that. The primaries are crucial for 2012. I stopped giving money to the GOP a long time ago. I support candidates directly, instead. I do not trust them not to support Newt, Romney or similar candidates.

6. RoseB on March 19th, 2011 8:41 pm

I like, and admire, both Palin and Bachman. The Tea Party candidates are really making a difference now. Let's face it, the independents, in the end, are not very independent.

7. swede on March 19th, 2011 9:13 pm

Q If Palin runs for president in 2012, would you definitely vote for her, would you consider voting for her, or would you definitely not vote for her?

Definitely would: Dems 5% Reps 17 Indies 8
    Would consider: Dems 19 Reps 58 Indies 41
    Definitely not: Dems 75 Reps 24 Indies 50

25% of voters are conservative / 25% libs. It's the 45% in the middle who decide elections, and sadly they are politically/culturally illiterate (idiots) AND VOTE FOR WHOEVER HAS THE BEST SHTICK! "Hope & Change!" "WTF does that mean?" "Don't know, but it sounds good. We need a change… Yada." Hard to see how she can carry a plurality of indies even if conservatives were united behind her, which they aren't. Cain or West look like the best hope on the present radar IMAO.

8. OK_Loyalist on March 19th, 2011 9:27 pm

"For all the screaming we do at GOP for the McCain debacle, GOP DIDN"T PICK HIM, THE PRIMARY VOTERS DID. (Haven't registered GOP in 15 years) "

Excellent point, which admittedly I let get by me.

9. VaGal on March 19th, 2011 10:59 pm

As a thought…perhaps the Republican primaries should be closed?

10. Marshall_Will on March 19th, 2011 11:01 pm

"Let's face it, the independents, in the end, are not very independent."

Ain't THAT the truth! Anyone that can be swayed by drivel as vacuous and flimsy as H & C.., well just how MUCH should I be relying on them for -anything-? Sorry, but I have to have more 'faith' in the guy changing my oil.

11. Marshall_Will on March 19th, 2011 11:07 pm

"Excellent point, which admittedly I let get by me."

Swede'll DO that to ya'. Hey, speaking of Hopey Changey? Reminds me of an old Army joke my dad used to love to tell:

The Sarge addresses the platoon and says; "Guys, I know it's been tough out their in the field but I've got some good news! We're ALL getting a 'change' of underwear!

Smith you 'change' with Jones, Jones you 'change' with…

Altogether, 1…2…3… Ewwwww!!!! ( Yeah, Hopey/Changey is a lot like 'that' )

12. Doug on March 19th, 2011 11:49 pm

Which is a good lead-in to what we hope the 2012 election is NOT… a change of underwear with somebody else. A fresh pair is needed.

With an exception or two, a glance at the GOP field so far makes me feel as satisfied with the choices as Michael Moore looking over the menu at a vegan restaurant.

If the GOP ends up with another Dole or McCain at the top of the ticket, we might as well renew Obama's White House membership next summer.

Good point too about the jacked up primary system… there's a reason Dems are experimenting with vote-fragmenting phony tea party candidates… and it'll get worse next year…

13. Ken in Texas on March 20th, 2011 12:24 am

Hey, y'all…just got home from the Waffle House where Lurleen, Spider, and I were discussing this very matter. As much as we love Sarah, we decided she should not run. She's much too valuable as a fund-raiser and power broker. We don''t need another senator or congressman as a candidate. We need a governor who has run things, but this time around Sarah ain't the one.

14. Marshall_Will on March 20th, 2011 1:02 am

"as Michael Moore looking over the menu at a vegan restaurant"

LOL! Too funny. Hey how's that Fat Farm thing workin' out for him?

Not that there aren't concerns where the GOP candidate is concerned.., there ARE! But we have to survive as a nation in the INTERIM. AFAIC our loss as Reserve Currency is the 800 lb. gorilla in the room right now.

( Did I mention Mrs. Will and I have a really, REALLY nice beach house in the Philippines? )

15. Marshall_Will on March 20th, 2011 1:11 am

"MrOblique"

( Cool screen name btw! ) My more immediate concern is cutting off the MadCows at the KNEES! How much more clutch smoking before Soros decides he's just throwing good money after bad?

Traders will only "double-down" so many times before they call ( waaaatch IT! ) a spade a spade and throw in the towel. We need to set up a "Dead Pool" for all the Prog dot.org's/"groups" etc. as they DIE on the vine from a dearth of funding. Start w/ ACORN.

16. Marshall_Will on March 20th, 2011 1:14 am

"Lurleen, Spider, and I"

Part of the Cast from Kill Bill Vol. II? How handy would you say 'Lurleen' is w/ a sword?

Hey KEN! Where you -been- man!?

17. swede on March 20th, 2011 1:33 am

"a change of underwear with somebody else. A fresh pair is needed."

Or diapers. "Politicians, like diapers need to be changed frequently and for the same reason."

I"f the GOP ends up with another Dole or McCain at the top of the ticket, we might as well renew Obama's White House membership next summer."

Will depend a great deal on the economy also, no?. If unemployment drops and econ indicators rise you know Barry will take credit for it. H*!! he's taking credit for it now, when it's not even happening.

18. “Sarah Palin Warns Of China’s Rise While In India” and related posts | topsaladrecipes.com on March 20th, 2011 4:43 am

[...] Speaking in India, Sarah Palin Sure Sounds Like She's Running for President - The Powers That Be [...]

19. Speaking in India, Sarah Palin Sure Sounds Like She's Running for … | The Daily Conservative on March 20th, 2011 7:53 am

[...] more here: Speaking in India, Sarah Palin Sure Sounds Like She's Running for … Share and [...]

20. Susan on March 20th, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm looking for a candidate who was a a business owner, a Mayor, then a Governor. A Governor who ran things so well that the state retained a $12 billion surplus for the rainy day without sheepishly doing silly worthless stuff like relying upon taxing tobacco or looting fraudulent RGGI funds to stuff the state's budget hole.

I'm looking for a candidate who can take on the EPA while incentivize Big Oil to drill, a candidate who has actually stimulated free-markets to engage in capitalism. A candidate who has successfully encouraged the production of a natural gas pipeline to America and the world.

I'm looking for a candidate who not only Independently defeated Democrat candidates more importantly independently defeated the corrupt Ruling Class bastard's in her own own party.

Lastly; I am looking for an independent candidate who knows how to fight against the wolves rather than the collective Republicans who fight like scared sheep.

21. Video: Sarah Palin’s Speech in India « Nice Deb on March 20th, 2011 9:50 pm