I’ve got a couple dozen things to take care of this morning, including getting my son a haircut he doesn’t want (this is gonna be fun!), so feel free to talk amongst yourselves for a little while.

And try not to miss my manifesto over at Michelle’s place about how I’m going to celebrate Earth Hour tonight. I hope you can join me.

Update: Former congresswoman and the first female veep candidate, Geraldine Ferraro, has died. Predictably, about four seconds after that news was announced, the Westboro Cult freaks announced plans to picket her memorial.

Update II: As predictably as the sun rising in the east, it didn’t take some on the left long to use Ferraro’s death to bash Palin. Keep it classy!

Speaking of actual class, Sarah Palin released a statement about Ferraro’s passing, and didn’t use the occasion to remind everyone that Ferraro herself was the victim of Hopey-Changey rage in 2008.

Comments

20 Responses to “Saturday ‘Earth Hour’ Open — Update: Geraldine Ferraro, RIP”

1. OK_Loyalist on March 26th, 2011 4:08 pm

"Possible topic: Remember the controversial school shooting drill in Iowa where the hypothetical perps were to be, of course, bitter clingers unhappy with illegals pouring over the border? Well, don’t worry, because that drill was canceled. Why? Because of a real shooting threat at the school."

It's crap like that makes me glad I moved out of Iowa 30 years ago this September.

And of course any time that corksucker Tom Harkin flaps his gums.

2. cdl on March 26th, 2011 8:20 pm

I celebrated Earth Hour all day today.

I killed some Oklahoma weeds, mowed with a 16 year old lawnmower that needs a new muffler, and killed a snake in the process.

Take that, EARTH!

3. OK_Loyalist on March 26th, 2011 9:16 pm

You're an Okie too ? Where ?

4. Nanny on March 26th, 2011 9:34 pm

What the hell is earth hour? Do I need to leave the lights on all night long? Or are we all supposed to take a crap in our back yard to save a flush?

5. Nanny on March 26th, 2011 9:35 pm

Sarah Palin had very touching words on the passing of Ferraro. Only someone with a little class would have words of encouragement and admiration for another woman with the same qualities. Ferraro may have been a democrat but was one of the few honest ones who spoke her mind.

6. Nanny on March 26th, 2011 9:38 pm

University of Michigan plays Colorado College tonight for the right to go to the Frozen Four (hockey). Going to be a barn burner – GO BLUE!!!!

7. OK_Loyalist on March 26th, 2011 9:39 pm

I believe Ferraro is from the party prior to them going full bore communist.

8. Doug on March 26th, 2011 10:15 pm

Thanks for the reminder! I was just wondering what to watch tonight… I could just get some sleep, but as my grandmother used to say, that's such a waste of time.

9. Doug on March 26th, 2011 10:16 pm

I can't wait until it's time to get the mower out again. 35 degrees here today, so that won't happen in the coming few days unfortunately.

10. Nanny on March 26th, 2011 11:27 pm

Wass up with the Sparty's hiring Dumb-Ass-Tos??? Protecting Mason's legacy or what??? BTY – I am a Michigan sports fans – so who ever is there I root for – except for hockey.

11. Nanny on March 26th, 2011 11:28 pm

Got that right!

12. Nanny on March 26th, 2011 11:29 pm

As long as there is still hockey – screw the lawn mower!!!

13. Nanny on March 26th, 2011 11:31 pm

BTW – My front porch light is on but only for hubby when he gets home from college hockey playoffs in St. Louis tonight.

14. cdl on March 26th, 2011 11:32 pm

McIntosh County, near Eufaula. Way out in the country.

15. cdl on March 26th, 2011 11:36 pm

I hope you're talking about the machine and not Julio the guy that mows the city park. LOL

16. Doug on March 26th, 2011 11:37 pm

I know that was a controversial pick for coach, but we'll see… I don't follow MSU hockey closely enough these days to venture to have a semi-educated opinion. I do remember Anastos (as a player) from the 80's when I went to a LOT more games than I have in the past 15 years or so (I don't think I've been to one in at least ten years).

17. OK_Loyalist on March 26th, 2011 11:38 pm

Awesome.

I'm in Tulsa, if you haven't caught.

18. cdl on March 26th, 2011 11:40 pm

T-town in tha hay-owse.

19. OK_Loyalist on March 27th, 2011 2:13 am

"Update III: Earth Hour is halfway through now and all my lights are shining so bright that I’m going to end up paying an Obamacare tanning tax, but it’s a small price to pay to honor electricity."

LOL

20. Nellie Bates on December 16th, 2014 10:13 am

Best ever post i have read on the web in the last few hours. It was relatively had good content and the handy information on just one page. I will surely visit your site again for collecting more information. Thanks