This video is from March 24th at Montclair State University. One explanation, if one is even offered, might be that Ayers is mocking claims that he wrote Obama’s book instead of admitting to doing so. This is, however, the second time Ayers has said this, and when he says it, he doesn’t look like he’s being sarcastic. Then again, if he’s being sarcastic wouldn’t necessarily mean he didn’t have a hand in writing the book, either. The possibilities are endless.

The “admission” in question comes at almost the minute mark:

Gateway Pundit:

Imagine the media onslaught upon discovering that a former unrepentant radical terrorist repeatedly admitted on video he wrote George Bush’s first book. We would never hear the end of it. Of course they play by different rules when it comes to Obama. This will get the usual “nothing to see here, move along” from the MSM.

In the fall of 2009 a blogger waiting for a flight at Reagan National airport saw Ayers, spoke with him, and wrote that Ayers admitted to writing “Dreams.” Some were skeptical because there was no video or audio evidence of the admission — just a written story. But the above video would now seem to credence to the 2009 claim. Will Katie Couric or Brian Williams report this? The audacity of “nope.”

(h/t HAP)

Comments

7 Responses to “William Ayers Again Says He Wrote ‘Dreams From My Father’”

1. Marshall_Will on March 28th, 2011 12:06 pm

Recently picked up "Let It Bleed" ( Ethan Russell's excellent photo-essay of The Rolling Stones 1969 U.S Tour, effectively ending "The Groovy, Flower Power 60's" with violence at Altamont, CA )

Earlier on at the Chicago show, Abbie Hoffman ( kindred 'souls' w/ Ayers if ever there was! ) approached Mick Jagger to see if he "could lay some bread on him cuzz' they got trials coming up and this Revolution thing isn't CHEAP ya' know!?" Mick's response? ( 'We' got trials coming up TOO! )

This 'was', 'is' and will always 'be' the appropriate response. In learning from their 'Ayers' the seeds of The Revolution had a stroke of brilliance! Get someone ELSE to fund your 'movement'! Who SAYS you can't learn a thing or two from Sir Mick!?

2. Marshall_Will on March 28th, 2011 12:11 pm

So sorry I couldn't "participate" in the fabulous Earth Hour observation! Guess I couldn't hear what with being at the bar -blasting- music thru 100 Watt AMPLIFIERS and the light show goin' and all?

What IS one supposed to do, sitting alone.., by yourself.., in-the-DARK? What further proof do we need The Left is dedicated Onanists?

3. backwoods on March 28th, 2011 12:36 pm

As an amateur astronomer I have learned to love the darkness Stargazing is the second most fun thing you can do in the dark. I don't bother protesting the Earth Hour clucks, I just ignore them. I already keep unnecessary lighting to a minimum, but I have other reasons for doing so, like actually being able to see the stars.

4. Marshall_Will on March 28th, 2011 12:57 pm

backwoods,

Mrs. Will and I have to go to Christmas Valley, OR just to observe celestial events like Hale Bopp etc. If you've never heard of Chritmas Valley, don't worry ( no ene else has either? )

Gotta' be honest here, as an Oregonian, I 'was' onboard w/ a great many of environmental/conservation programs but… they've utterly LOST me? In thirty years we've gone from nickel bottle deposits to, non-smoking bars & rest's, to CFL light bulbs to… Barack Freaking Obama.

"The Agenda" couldn't -start- there so it's been implemented incrementally. Here in OR The Left is aggressively trying to install guv control of the food chain from beginning to end! Not that I advocate waste, but look at how every 'program' wound up serving and serving -only- The Left's Agenda? IMHO.

5. backwoods on March 28th, 2011 1:06 pm

The environmentalists did some good in the early days of their movement, but they've gone overboard and have developed a badly overinflated estimate of their own self importance. The movemnet has unfortunately been taken over by the kind of unceasing busy-bodies who can't stand to leave other people alone and also by those who see it as a means of increasing their own political power. I don't mind people suggesting I do something, but I get really pissed at people who demand that I do it.

6. @jamesrileyjr on March 28th, 2011 2:06 pm

As much as I despise having to defend a pinko Commie leftist like Ayers, he's obviously joking – hence the "if you can help me prove it, I'll split the royalties with you" addendum. Please don't take stuff out of context – it makes everyone on our side look like a bunch of idiots.

7. Marshall_Will on March 28th, 2011 2:54 pm

backwoods,

So true. As mentioned in the past, I WALK to work. Mostly cuzz' I'm cheap and agoraphobic but I've been "doing my part" for almost a decade in that regard. A few years back I got an office, bad timing on my part but I was becoming shut in w/ my "home office".

After I noticed a -zero- savings on my elec. bill, I -demanded- an "Energy Audit" from PGE. They guy came out and looked at 'everything'. The only suggestions he could make was to go to a "corded" phone ( gets power internally unlike Caller ID/v-mail ) and eliminate (1) digital clock on the microwave. Other than that, flawless.

I was very proud. That was then, this is NOW! Now that my bills are as high and higher, couldn't care less. The more we conserve, the more they DEMAND. I for one have HAD it! ( Sorry for the rant )