These days people aren’t even necessarily waiting for complaints from anybody, but instead implementing pre-emptive PC:

MUNSON, Ohio — A Northeast Ohio community is taking the “Easter” out of the egg hunt.

As the White House prepares for its annual Easter Egg Roll — a tradition dating back to 1878 — some in the community of Munson Township are asking if it’s okay in Washington, how could the word “Easter” offend someone in this small rural community?

Still, township trustees are opting to call this year’s Easter weekend event “The Spring Egg Hunt.”
[...]
Munson homebuilder Enzo Perfetto is putting up the $600 to put the sponsorship in private hands and the Easter back in the egg hunt.

The decision to have the egg hunt privately sponsored is under review by the county prosecutor.

Perfetto said township trustees have already agreed to calling the event an Easter egg hunt as long as taxpayers aren’t footing the bill.

Eventually somebody will realize how much cholesterol is in eggs, and the name will be changed to the “Spring Hunt for Nothing in Particular.” As a matter of fact, “hunt” might offend animal rights wackos — so I can see that word being removed too.

Comments

14 Responses to “Out: Easter Egg Hunt — In: Spring Egg Hunt”

1. Marshall_Will on March 31st, 2011 11:38 am

Thanks for featuring this Doug. Going into 2012 bringing these continuous Obamanations to light serves as a constant reminder for us to get the vote out.

All during the ascent of the Prog Movement these were intended to demoralize and dishearten conservatives. In the same way we littered the countryside with aerial drop "Surrender NOW, you guys can't win!" ( and super-sized condoms I'm told ) in Viet Nam.

When viewed as singular events, they're insignificant. Collectively, they are devastating. Or rather they 'were'. Now I say, keep 'em comin'!

2. Joe Redfield on March 31st, 2011 1:39 pm

Perhaps in the spirit of inclusivity, Muslim children could be invited to the White House to search for severed infidel heads hidden around the grounds.

3. SignPainterGuy on March 31st, 2011 1:57 pm

My little town in the south-east is certainly not without its problems, but we have an ongoing annual Easter-egg hunt at the town`s recreation park that nearly rivals Labor Day festivities. The town, churches and civic groups throw down a hunt, games, picnics, music and dancing…….and the few dissenters stay way off to the side somewhere. I don`t remember hearing anything about not being able to afford it or who`s paying for it. I love small town life !

4. backwoods on March 31st, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm sure somebody's going to have egg on their face over this.

5. Marshall_Will on March 31st, 2011 2:15 pm

Hey Duuuude!

( Computer problems? ) Figures!

6. SignPainterGuy on March 31st, 2011 3:37 pm

Yeah, `puter went south……..on St Patty`s Day, the day before my 58th birthday, right after I said to Doug how wonderful this time of year is…..bummer ! Gone 12 days but they fixed it free on Best Buy`s Black Tie service….good deal !

Got the OS reloaded myself just fine but ClickFree device didn`t read my mind properly, so I didn`t get all my 2 digital camera os back. I was careful not to have important personal info on it, just pics and music (got that back) but lost my printer os too ! Lots of dvd and online os downloading in my future…..

Don`t they say, "Change is good?" I guess I`m up to the challenge !??

I`m wondering if that hack job 2 weeks ago at MM`s place got me ! The Geek Squad couldn`t tell !

Anyway, I missed you guys and it`s great to be back !!

7. nannykins on March 31st, 2011 4:26 pm

Missed ya SPG!!!

8. Political Correctness protecting us from being offended, even BEFORE we can be offended! « The Daley Gator on March 31st, 2011 9:50 pm

[...] Cleveland, Ohio, PC is killing America, Rural community, Washington, White House by Gatordoug Doug Powers calls it pre-emptive PC These days people aren’t even necessarily waiting for complaints from [...]

9. Gatordoug on March 31st, 2011 9:50 pm

They just keep digging their Pit of Eternal Stupidity deeper, and deeper, and……….

10. AliceBright on April 1st, 2011 2:02 pm

But we have separation of church and state. easter is a religious holiday. tax money should not go toward things that are religious. It's not a PC thing, it's a that's-what-the-constitution-says thing. can you IMAGINE if they decided to host a end-of-Ramadan feast using tax dollars???

11. SignPainterGuy on April 1st, 2011 9:22 pm

Your point is well taken, but just to pick a nit, a reading of the 1st Amendment in English and understanding its meaning by the words that appear there, the Constitution says that the gov. will stay out of the business of religion, not that religion will stay out of gov.

12. Add Another Tradition Under Attack | GoodMorningGloucester on March 25th, 2013 10:00 am

[...] From Doug Powers; [...]

13. Gerber binoculars on January 25th, 2014 4:43 pm

I didn`t get all my 2 digital camera os back. I was careful not to have important personal info on it, just pics and music (got that back) but lost my printer os too ! Lots of dvd and online os downloading in my future….. You should participate in a contest for probably the greatest blogs on the web. I will advocate this site!

14. Matt on February 2nd, 2014 9:35 am