They should have called Charlie Sheen’s tour “Two and a Half Men,” because it sounds like that’s how many people will be left in the seats by the time each show is over.

Here’s all I know about it: People invested in something based purely on hype, empty slogans, pop-culture buzz and magical sounding promises in spite of being unsure about exactly what would happen once the curtain went up, and were horribly disappointed once reality struck. Sure, we’ve seen this movie before except on a bigger screen, but Charlie Sheen’s little contribution was last night.

The opening act was an alleged comedian: “Shouldn’t they call the defibrillator a difibra-now?” Hey, I’ve been wondering what happened to Kenny Bania from Seinfeld.

What was the point of Sheen’s show (Chicago will have a chance to boo and walk out tonight)? I don’t know, but Sheen did prove that he can appeal to those afflicted with PDS every bit as well as Bill Maher:

9:18 – “Nothing terrifies a troll more than its own reflection,” Sheen continues, before shifting gears into politics. “In a recent poll, they told me I’d bring down that whore [Sarah] Palin. I don’t have time for that nonsense.”

If anything, Maher might sue Sheen for plagiarizing his act.

In any case, it sounds like a good portion of the crowd walked out on Sheen — not because the audience was disappointed as much as they had to get over to Rutgers in time for Snooki’s speech.

Update: My God… if I’d have paid to see this, I wouldn’t have been booing Sheen — I’d be out slashing my own tires. And keep in mind, this is before it all went bad:

Comments

7 Responses to “Charlie Sheen Proves Tweets Don’t Translate to Stage, But Does Prove He Can Sound Like Bill Maher”

1. OK_Loyalist on April 3rd, 2011 6:24 pm

DUH …. LOSING!

2. SignPainterGuy on April 3rd, 2011 8:56 pm

DUH………DONE LOST !!

3. SignPainterGuy on April 3rd, 2011 9:00 pm

I was still updating and re-downloading software n stuff for my `puter last night when, lo and behold, CS`s show intro started. Thankfully, I was able to reach the remote before any tv damage occurred………whew, close one !

4. @GittItt on April 4th, 2011 1:03 am

I suspect some of Sheen's audience were quite pleased

5. nannykins on April 4th, 2011 10:30 am

I saw the local news report and it was hysterical. Morons that went to see him were "disappointed" – uhhhhhhh DUH!!! What the hell did they expect?

6. Marshall_Will on April 4th, 2011 12:07 pm

"I wouldn’t have been booing Sheen — I’d be out slashing my own tires"

Doug, as much as that's an LOL-To The MAX.., doesn't it speak to volumes as to Conservative's current state of mind? Ever since O'Blunder moved ahead in the polls ( and Oregon "passed" Measures 66 & 67 ) my 'job' has been to NOT make money!

WHY? What's the point, so you can ship it off to DC in a suicide mission to fill the blackhole of Porku-debt? Guys, virtually ALL businesses below the "Picked Winners" threshold has become an empty SHELL! We're all just "keeping the lights on" until we can either get RID of this clown ( or transfer operations to BELIZE! )

Whatever comes first! Seeing throngs of YOUNG people walking out on this douchenozzle 'should' be an inspiration to us all! I'd have stuck around just to watch the alchemy that goes into turning tiger's 'blood' into tiger pee?

7. Greg-C on April 4th, 2011 3:19 pm

"People invested in something based purely on hype, empty slogans, pop-culture buzz and magical sounding promises….." Sounds like a re-play of what the country went through in 2008… and with similar results.