NY City Councilman Leroy Comrie is pushing a bill to ban Happy Meal toys because they encourage unhealthy eating.

Finally a politician finds a subject on which he’s fully qualified to speak:

The question has to be asked: Just how many Happy Meal toys did he eat as a child?

If this guy wants to lose weight, he should get transferred over to the Department of Health to trim up and save himself before he tries to save everybody else — but maybe he’d consider that selfish, greedy and unprogressive.

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

24 Responses to “NY City Councilman to Introduce Bill Banning Happy Meal Toys as Soon as He’s Finished With His Big Mac & Bucket of Fries”

1. Warren Beatty on April 6th, 2011 5:19 pm

Looks like he has been eating what he wants to attack.

2. Marshall_Will on April 6th, 2011 5:34 pm

Stop! No! Doooon't! That microphone has not been properly labeled "Inedible: Do Not Attempt To Eat" on it yet!

"A set of guidelines for “Life in the Cubicle Village” ( Dude IS a village ) What hypackrisy.

3. Doug on April 6th, 2011 5:39 pm

Looks like he has been eating what he wants to attack.

He's doing it "for the children"… the more cheeseburgers he can get off the streets, the more lives he'll save!

4. Marshall_Will on April 6th, 2011 5:54 pm

"the more cheeseburgers he can get off the streets, the more lives he'll save!"

Right! Handguns and Happy Meals, the saaaame damn thing ain't they?

Guys, there's a -reason- I never got on a soapbox in front of the Command or even the Junior Enlisted Council about 'drinking'. The only thing I've ever offered was "be care….ful" and left it at that.

Some people!

5. SignPainterGuy on April 6th, 2011 6:15 pm

ROFLOLAICGU ………..HALP !!

6. SignPainterGuy on April 6th, 2011 6:19 pm

Okay, if you look at it that way, he IS doing his part…..or are it parts ? How many "parts" are he anyway ?

7. zillaoftheresistance on April 6th, 2011 6:20 pm

I'm sick of it too! My supermarket barely even has an ice cream selection for normal people, the whole damned thing is filled with diet treats for fatasses! Someone needs to give these people the memo that they themselves should just EAT LESS and let the rest of us make our own damned choices!

8. SignPainterGuy on April 6th, 2011 6:25 pm

"jackanapes"……our zoo doesn`t have any of those ! ;-)

9. SignPainterGuy on April 6th, 2011 6:31 pm

It takes intelligence to make good choices ONLY for one`s self !

And I prefer to think of my "shapely butt" as anti-wind ballast, thank you very much !!

10. Marshall_Will on April 6th, 2011 7:50 pm

"I treat my kids to Happy Meals once a month as a TREAT"

Correct. Provided their Grades are up, chores are done and the baby-sitter hasn't been bound & gagged. Like 'Doug's' kids!

If we were to do a bit of digging, how surpsrised would you be to learn Rep. Village has a 'Handicapped' Parking Sticker?

11. SignPainterGuy on April 6th, 2011 8:30 pm

I would bet money he has H/C tags (front and rear) and the mirror hanging placard !

12. Mike S. on April 6th, 2011 8:32 pm

When this guy steps on a scale to weigh himself, it says "hey, one at a time".

13. backwoods on April 6th, 2011 8:42 pm

There is no way I would try to deny anyone the freedom to acquire a figure as well rounded as my own. That guy should be ashamed of himself.

14. OK_Loyalist on April 6th, 2011 9:24 pm

Is this cat related to the FLOTUS ?

I see many similarities

15. Marshall_Will on April 6th, 2011 10:11 pm

zilla,

Now… that you mention it! Yeah, what happened to all the Regular food items? Probably have to buy it out of the trunk of Kramer's buddy's car?

I have a client, in her 70's. And she -still- looks fabulous! Works PT as flight attendant after a 35 yr. career. Her advice? Oh honey, you can 'eat' anything you want! ( You just can't eat that 'much' of it )

She's still got a great sense of humor too! Any time I have to stop by she'll say, "Call -first- ( I may be on the back deck 'nude' sunbathing? )" Then when you come in she'll say "Could you be a dear and hand me that towel?"

See, when you take CARE of yourself you get to have all KINDS of Mrs. Robinson Humor when you get older! She -lives- for it. And she has a really nice back deck.

16. Marshall_Will on April 6th, 2011 10:13 pm

Right, Entitlement is a Lifestyle. Then he takes up (2) Parking Spaces.

Ya' buncha' losers!

17. ShirleyUJest on April 6th, 2011 10:31 pm

It looks like this guy ate Ronald McDonald for lunch and Mayor McCheese for dessert

18. joyannaadams on April 6th, 2011 10:54 pm

I'd say he hangs out with Oprah…who LOVES her mashed potatoes and fried chicken, and he also probably has stock in KFC.

There, I made a racial joke. Oh…my …goodness. Burn the capitol down. It's a good thing I've got Polish in me, or I'd be very afraid.

And Zilla…I buy a Happy Meal every week…just for the toys….which are for ME. I got Batman yesterday…really exciting!

I don't think this guy ever had a Happy Meal in this life, (get a look at that face) so he wants to make the rest of us miserable. (sigh)

19. SignPainterGuy on April 6th, 2011 10:56 pm

LOL ! Immediately after, "Unnnnnh !"

20. SignPainterGuy on April 6th, 2011 11:01 pm

Perhaps on alternate days, the Ham-Burglar !

21. SignPainterGuy on April 6th, 2011 11:45 pm

Misery loves company ! But in his case, "loves" doesn`t fit right !

22. SignPainterGuy on April 7th, 2011 12:03 am

Arrogant, nosey, lying, busybody fat bastard !

23. ReaganiteGOPer on April 9th, 2011 11:28 am

Who is this blobular tool?

Linked @ Reaganite Republican:

24. Full Metal Jacket Righty Blog Round-Up | Political Headlines on April 9th, 2011 6:20 pm

[...] The Powers that Be spotted a blobular NYC councilman telling us how to eat -here- The Lonely Conservative unloads on “pond scum” Schmucky Schumer -here- No [...]