This week:

“At a time when you are struggling to pay your bills and meet your responsibilities, the least we can do to meet our responsibilities is produce a budget. That is not too much to ask for. That is what the American people expect of us, that’s what they deserve. You want everybody to act like adults, quit playing games and realize it is not my way or the highway,” President Obama said in Pennsylvania before he is set to hold a fundraiser tonight.

January 2009:

Challenged by one Republican senator over the contents of the package, the new president, according to participants, replied: “I won.”
[...]
With those two words — “I won” — the Democratic president let the Republicans know that debate has been put to rest Nov. 4.

Yeah, quit playing politics, Republicans!

As for the potential shutdown, Obama’s trying to panic everybody about what would happen, and one of the first nightmarish examples he comes up with is “Yellowstone National Park will be closed“?

Update: It gets worse… the Obama administration is warning that if the government is shut down, the Cherry Blossom Parade will not take place. The horror.

Comments

6 Responses to “That Obama is Such a Crackup”

1. VaGal on April 7th, 2011 11:43 am

Unfortunately, he is playing politics (again) with the military. They were exempt in the last shutdown, but Obama is threatening to withhold military pay. What a scumbag. The Republicans need to call him on this and quit being appeasers. This hole mess is on the Dems and they need to be held accountable.

2. Marshall_Will on April 7th, 2011 11:47 am

"warning that if the government is shut down, the Cherry Blossom Parade will not take place."

How fitting. Whilst The Prez makes feeble attempts at selling the American People, Fund-raiser = Actual Concern for the BUDGET, the majority of us are -waiting- for Economic 'Spring'.

Which was cancelled due to lack of interest. Oh well, I suppose the measure of a man's importance is the number of people that are 'waiting' on him? In this case, 300 Million People! Give or take.

3. backwoods on April 7th, 2011 12:23 pm

If they close Yellowstone, will that mean that the bears won't have any woods to do their business in?

4. Clu Seatoe on April 7th, 2011 1:17 pm

This from the intellect that is so far above Mr. and Mrs. America — and it came without TOTUS. I’m just not sure I know what he is saying. Mr. President, please can you speak slower? I know how articulate you are. Can you dumb it down for me?

I want to know how what those accursed Republicans are doing will affect me and mine.

5. Joe Redfield on April 7th, 2011 1:49 pm

And, as usual, the MSM have completely forgotten about the failure of the Democratic-controlled House and Senate to pass a budget prior to the November elections. They could have passed anything they wanted, and they chose to do nothing. Therefore, it's all the fault of the GOP that we now have no budget. The national attention span gets shorter every day.

6. SignPainterGuy on April 7th, 2011 8:00 pm

Paraphrasing Rush today, the dems didn`t pass a budget because it would have hurt their election chances (even worse) and they really couldn`t afford to let everyone know the extent of their spending plans ! The latter part of that makes loads of sense to me !