When I heard him bragging about this last night I laughed out loud:

Obama hailed the deal as “the biggest annual spending cut in history,”

Did the record spender just take partial credit for a record cut? Gee thanks Mr. President… it wouldn’t have been possible without you.

That was like hearing the CEO of BP patting himself on the back for presiding over the largest oil cleanup effort in Gulf history.

Comments

11 Responses to “Paradox of the Day: Biggest Spender in History Takes Credit for ‘Biggest Annual Spending Cut in History’”

1. SignPainterGuy on April 9th, 2011 8:04 pm

The Won`s ego won`t fit in a stadium. Desperation is not is not known for its humility !

Now, for the BP CEO, there may have been some shortcuts taken and negligence involved that caused the spill and explosion, I would never characterize it as intentional ….. however tragic !

Obumble IS purposely destroying our country !

2. OK_Loyalist on April 9th, 2011 9:15 pm

The handle needs pulled on the commode … c'mon 2012

3. Clu Seatoe on April 9th, 2011 9:17 pm

OK, $40B in cuts. This is a big deal why??

I mean, there are hundreds of billions in earmarks and unassigned monies bloating the budget. So why were those monies NOT added to the cuts??

The only reason those monies are put in the budget is so they can be cut and make it look to the American people like Congress is actually cutting something out of the budget.

Quite a scam!

4. OK_Loyalist on April 9th, 2011 9:24 pm

I've said this before… Since the left hails Clinton as the greatest fiscal president evah, let's got back to his spending levels and they we still be from the party of The Rent Is To Damn High.

5. SignPainterGuy on April 9th, 2011 10:10 pm

@ Weasel Zippers – This arrangement guarantees a vote to repeal Obamascare !!

If that is so, then I`m not gonna gripe about the deal being for $70+B less than Zero had agreed to in cuts ! IIIIFFFFF !

6. Bell on April 10th, 2011 12:06 am

Here's a site you might find interesting. It refutes what you say about Obama being the biggest spender: http://www.davemanuel.com/2010/06/21/us-governmen

7. OK_Loyalist on April 10th, 2011 12:17 am

Take out inflation adjustments and you still have °O° riding this country to the bottom of the toilet bowl.

8. Mike S. on April 10th, 2011 12:21 am

Great. This is like a guy who buys a brand new Porsche and then congratulates himself for not buying the optional grill bra.

9. Doug on April 10th, 2011 12:22 am

Interesting, but a number of problems exist, which is the games that can be played with percentages (you can actually spend more in total dollars but if the starting point is more massive your percentage of increase will be lower even if the dollar total is greater).

Another thing I noticed is that the Obama number says "based on White House estimates" — try basing that on CBO estimates and you'll have a much different result. The Obama Administration estimates have been proven to be a joke.

Hell, even the White House Budget Director admitted they were way off:

10. Clu Seatoe on April 10th, 2011 1:36 am

One major problem with all this is that Mao’s constituency, or as Holder would call them, ‘my people’, are the intelligently ignorant, angry, bitter and hateful of the inner city, the angry, insecure union thug who only knows one way to deal with the one who disagrees with them and the illegal of the same description that Mao holds the carrot of legality and entitlements dangling in front of.

Such people are not interested and probably incapable of parsing statistics, so even though the stats may be correct, they’re irrelevant to the uneducated, lazy and greedy.

I know what I believe, don’t confuse me with the facts.

11. joyannaadams on April 10th, 2011 1:38 am

Okay, I listened to it all yesterday…what EXACTLY was cut? They gave a figure…(38 billion) but as far as I know, they domolished a Naval Hospital in Los Angeles today, and as far as I can tell, that loss could be counted as a "cut."

Did Nancy give up her plane?

Once again…I've been out…what was cut? If anyone can tell me…surely Doug's very manifested readers can!