Every now and then some Soros-bot at Media Matters tries to “debunk” something I wrote — and usually it’s a snark, joke or wise-crack of some sort they’re trying to disprove, which makes it even funnier and more pathetic than usual.

I often demonstrate Media Matters sense of humor this way: If you started a “knock-knock” joke they’d actually get up to see who was at the door, then write an article on how deceitful you are.

Anyway, the other day I wrote about Nancy Pelosi lamenting the fact that elections matter and how “extremism” (i.e. anybody who disagrees with Nancy Pelosi) is ruining the election process.

Okay, here’s where Media Matters has to pretend to be ignorant as all hell (or maybe they’re not pretending). It’s a well-known fact that Pelosi has compared Tea Partiers to Nazis by saying they were “carrying Swastikas” and whatnot, but apparently Media Matters didn’t read that memo because it wasn’t written on Soros letterhead.

So in my post, I returned the favor. When discussing Pelosi saying “elections shouldn’t matter as much as they do” (yes, she said that verbatim) I linked to a tyranny that began because of people who thought that elections were getting in the way of their goals — Germany in the early 1930′s.

After going into a pathetic excuse for what Pelosi was actually saying, Media Matters’ conclusion was that I “proved Pelosi’s point”? What?

“Powers proved Pelosi right… cancel the elections!” I don’t quite get it, but then, Media Matters never does either. Oh, but here’s the good part. From what I can gather, Pelosi wasn’t saying “cancel the elections” — she was just saying that the right to vote in the hands of the “wrong people” was a bad thing for America, and Media Matters backed her up on that. Well, in that case…

And of course they never bothered to mention that Pelosi once called Tea Partiers Nazis, because that would have provided the “context” they always claim to be seeking.

Media Matters, this one’s for you.

Comments

11 Responses to “Media Matters Thinks I Proved Pelosi’s Point?”

1. Nanny on April 13th, 2011 5:18 pm

Just love it when Media Matters gets all "wee-we-ed" up about us!!!

2. Joe Redfield on April 13th, 2011 5:30 pm

I hope you're suitably chastened, Doug. It is extremely uncivil to point out all the stu…er, non-intelligent things Progressives say. You should concentrate, instead, on all the nonsense conservatives spout about "cutting government spending"(as if such a thing were possible) and executing geezers and poor people so rich people won't have to pay any taxes at all.

3. VaGal on April 13th, 2011 5:40 pm

Soros should ask for a refund.

4. Marshall_Will on April 13th, 2011 6:01 pm

Gnyuck, gnyuck! Yes he should. Obviously if a handwritten letter from Herpes Soros isn't enough to motivate the Best & Brightest at Media Flatters, then nothing will!

Like I say though, what exhibits their desperation more clearly than this?

5. Fuzzlenutter on April 13th, 2011 6:01 pm

Media Matters never fails to both entertain me and embarrass itself all at the same time!

Never…

6. OK_Loyalist on April 13th, 2011 8:54 pm

Nice to know you 'made it' if Media Matters is keeping an eye on you. If I were you, I'd say "Thanks" and know you are in good company.

Also makes you wonder what troll over here is with the commie Soros?

7. SignPainterGuy on April 13th, 2011 9:07 pm

TheLiberalMedia would be my guess………….Nick has certainly guzzled the koolaid but lacks the experience ! He`s such an amateur ! Miss Lee….perhaps.

8. Clu Seatoe on April 13th, 2011 9:18 pm

Only in a Constitutional government system such as that in the United States of America could an individual citizen make such a statement and not expect the certainty of a late night visit from a non-existent arm of the Argentine government, the likes of which we have no record, and to be spirited away never to be heard from again. Excuse me Señorita, what was that name again, please?

It sounds more like a party line from somewhere like China, Iran or North Korea. We have free elections and your voting privileges are dependent upon the way you voted at your last opportunity. If you put your vote in this column it’s not important enough to count.

It’s a spit in the face or on the grave of everyone who fought to vote, who put themselves in harms way, or gave up their life or limb for our country’s freedoms and its ever so typical left.

It sounds like King George venting about those Colonists.

9. cdl on April 14th, 2011 12:55 am

Everytime I see the words "media matters" I always think it should have a question mark behind it.

10. Doug on April 14th, 2011 12:59 am

Haha! I think I'll write that back to the dimwit that runs the thing.

11. Media Matters: I Proved Pelosi’s Point? - L3AK Magazine on April 15th, 2011 2:02 am

[...] I Proved Pelosi’s Point? By Doug Powershttp://bit.ly/eubimohttp://dougpowers.com Clip Source: dougpowers.com Update: Do these tools seriously wonder why I don’t want them in charge of my health care? [...]