I don’t watch The View, mostly because it’s like being trapped inside the head of a dopey left-coast schizophrenic with a hormonal imbalance — with commercials — but now and then there are some gems I run across from that show. This is one of them.

Joy Behar was defending the honor of Barack Obama’s intelligence (that he was fully capable of writing his own books, etc.) by saying “Obama went to Harvard Law School and Columbia University, he’s a very intelligent guy.” To which Hasselbeck immediately asked, “Doesn’t that make President Bush very smart as well then?” — ::Crickets::

At least Behar didn’t just walk out. She didn’t have time, because they immediately cut to commercial.

Skip to over 1:00 in for the exchange:

Bonus Behar battiness: Those air traffic controllers that have been falling asleep recently? Reagan’s fault.

Comments

18 Responses to “Elizabeth Hasselbeck Finds a Most Effective Way to Shut Up Joy Behar”

1. Scott B on April 14th, 2011 5:15 pm

Oh SNAP!

proving once again that Elizabeth isn't just another pretty face.

BTW – It looks like she's the only on on The View that would NOT feel threatened by Michelle Obama's weight loss initiative.

2. Marshall_Will on April 14th, 2011 5:15 pm

"mostly because it’s like being trapped inside the head of a dopey left-coast schizophrenic with a hormonal imbalance — with commercials — "

Lol, Columbia and Harvard will NEVER be able to live this down! Seriously, look for our affluent to be sending their kids 'elsewhere' for years to come until they can manage to reclaim their reputations!

Animation Doug posted on Biden's nap on the Main-page is too good to miss! I thought he'd been out partying too?

3. backwoods on April 14th, 2011 5:46 pm

Classic! Thanks for posting that one, Doug.

4. Marshall_Will on April 14th, 2011 5:50 pm

No… NO she certainly 'shouldn't'. The others…? I also like that she felt enough -confidence- in her rather simple statement there was no call for Leftist faux-'intellect' to grasp for the most superlative form she could 'muster'?

She simply said… "smart". Not laser-like focus, not bored with things that challenge mere mortals blah, blah. Just.., smart. Recently I've noticed it's more effective to employ an economy of words than clutch for the over-the-top? IMHO

5. Bob K on April 14th, 2011 8:04 pm

I feel sorry for Behar. There is no doubt she is a very unhappy person. So much anger!.

6. SignPainterGuy on April 14th, 2011 8:18 pm

Well thank you, Elizabeth, I hear so few stories of you carrying your conservative weight on The Spew !

Wasn`t it John F`n Kerry, who served in Vietnam,btw, who also scored lower grades than GWB ?

Another masterful turn of phrasing there Doug…..I don`t watch it for very similar reasons !

7. OK_Loyalist on April 14th, 2011 8:51 pm

"Skip to over 1:00 in for the exchange:"

This is how you shut up a Yenta !

8. Marshall_Will on April 14th, 2011 9:00 pm

SPG,

This might prove one case where you're actually 'grateful' for commercials! I've only seen it when O'Reilly has clips etc. but AFAICT, it does or 'has' done a disservice to conservative women.

The basic ( and twisted ) "formula" IS: No matter how much sense you make, no matter how much better a care you take of yourself, no matter how much more successful your -personal- life IS…? 'We' will always outnumber you! We can b!tch louder ( and longer ) and thru the safety of vastly superior numbers.., we don't have to make sense, take care of ourselves and we'll always have-each-other!

"The Girls" just play to what they 'think' is the appeal of The Lowest Common Denominator for women. Now Whoppi and Elizabeth… change OUTFITS!

9. SignPainterGuy on April 14th, 2011 10:29 pm

Clips that Doug links to are pretty much the only views I get of
    the Spew. Believe me, after being married to a chameleon who loved the double-life / mind-game playing / bitching to keep me confused and off guard (it didn`t always work), I don`t need the nonsense of "The Girls"……….I can`t get myself beyond the thought that these girls are cheating themselves out of a happy life ! It`s all out there…..

10. Ken in Texas on April 15th, 2011 12:18 am

There's a few things I take pride in: I've never watched American Idol; I've never watched Dancing With the Stars; I've never tasted Starbucks coffee, and I've never cheated on my wife of 42 years. Also, I HAVE NEVER WATCHED THE EFFING VIEW!!

11. SignPainterGuy on April 15th, 2011 1:24 am

I can match you on all that except the Starbucks coffee. The whole crew went in, on two occasions, and both times I caught guff from the staff because I wanted "coffee" in my own stainless mug and not some foo-foo cup of flavored thirst-inducer ! I have never entered a Starbucks by choice !

12. Michelle Malkin » Behar & Goldberg: Sleeping Air Traffic Controllers are the Fault of… Ronald Reagan on April 15th, 2011 1:31 am

[...] Behar’s had a good day… first Elizabeth Hasselbeck completely silenced her on the subject of presidential brainpower, and now Hasselbeck had to remind her (along with Whoopi [...]

13. Behar & Goldberg: Sleeping Air Traffic Controllers are the Fault of… Ronald Reagan | Conservatives for America on April 15th, 2011 1:46 am

14. Marshall_Will on April 15th, 2011 11:38 am

Ken,

Congrats! Mrs. Will and I are at 27 ( and I don't know if you can recall back that 'far' ) but no question.., it's a tough intersection. We'll get thru it…

What's the deal w/Christie and one of the NJ rep's getting both a 'pension' AND a salary? Just caught a snippet of that on the way out the door. She's "entitled" to it cuzz' she lost money on 'Madoff'? Sure she's a Republican, right?

15. Marshall_Will on April 15th, 2011 11:44 am

"I can`t get myself beyond the thought that these girls are cheating themselves out of a happy life !"

We've no way of knowing but I'm confident Mrs. H goes home to an orderly, non-dysfunctional household. That's a 'start'. And I'm certain things haven't exactly been 'easy' for the Malkin's right now either? But in the end, you've still got your PRINCIPLES ( and your belief in God! )

Oh and the respect of others that goes beyond just the 'loyalty' that comes w/ having a little money.

16. RealTimeCajun ! | Blog | Behar & Goldberg: Sleeping Air Traffic Controllers are the Fault of… Ronald Reagan on April 16th, 2011 1:51 am

[...] Behar’s had a good day… first Elizabeth Hasselbeck completely silenced her on the subject of presidential brainpower, and then Hasselbeck reminded her (along with Whoopi [...]

17. slimming pills on March 22nd, 2014 7:52 am