Mark Knoller was on a roll last night covering President Obama’s fundraising speech in Chicago.

Here Obama complains that the government is 30 years behind the times:

What a great sales pitch to convince the private sector to get on board with the push for the government to be the nation’s IT overseer. But at least it would be fair — we’d all be 30 years behind the tech curve.

I didn’t think Obama needed all that stuff anyway — isn’t that why he has an iReggie?

Obama had nice words for government workers though… well, most of them:

I’m sold — let’s let the government run everything!

I found this particularly interesting:

In response to another question, he used Thursday’s visit to the White House by the emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, to make a point about the need for good job opportunities.

“I had the emir of Qatar come by the Oval Office today,” Obama said. “Pretty influential guy. He is a big booster, big promoter of democracy all throughout the Middle East. Reform, reform, reform. … Now he himself is not reforming significantly. There’s no big move toward democracy in Qatar. But you know part of the reason is that the per capita income of Qatar is $145,000 a year. That will dampen a lot of conflict.

“I make this point only because if there is opportunity, if people feel their lives can get better, then a lot of these problems get solved.”

Hey, who the hell needs freedom as long as they’re doing okay in the income department? Qatar throws gay people in prison and doesn’t enforce labor laws, but who cares — look at that per capita income! (liberals, you might want to re-think continuing to support this president, if any of you still do)

And let’s not forget that Qatar makes their fortune selling countries like ours oil because we refuse to drill for our own in anywhere near adequate amounts.

Comments

10 Responses to “Obama Complains About Antiquated Gov’t Technology, Wants Sharks with Frickin’ Laser Beams Attached to Their Frickin’ Heads”

1. Marshall_Will on April 15th, 2011 1:38 pm

Can you PLEASE get over your boyhood fascination with being "influential" and start LEADING fer' chrissakes! Yeah, wow, I'm 'impressed' too. Funny thing, my older sister is a big Lib. ( Hubby works for the Gov and always has ) Before she never wanted to enter into a discussion b/c she felt we conservatives were so far "behind the curve".

She -still- doesn't want to 'discuss' politics ( but now I suspect it's for entirely different reasons? ) Your Prez In Action Sis'!

2. SignPainterGuy on April 15th, 2011 1:44 pm

Well, didn`t we say all along and from the beginning that Obummer didn`t know what he was doing and wasn`t qualified for the job ? Why would it be a surprise to learn that he expected the job to be easier and so much better equipped with all the whizz bang gadgets he`s seen in all the sci-fi movies n stuff ?!

There ARE some very advanced technologies being employed in various guv. agencies, it`s scary to know which ones….and equally scary to know which ones are still using the old systems ! The old OSs used in the majority of guv. agencies is simply not compatible w/ the new stuff and thank GOD, they aren`t screaming for the money to upgrade the entire system !

Can you imagine the nightmare of the prez. having the control of frickin` lasers on frickin` shark`s heads ?! I`d never sleep again !!

3. Marshall_Will on April 15th, 2011 2:09 pm

Perhaps Obie would be impressed to know that the 3 yr. old Compaq tower sitting on my desk for $180 cost the Gov. $2,000? Lotsa' whizz-bang cr@p on 'this' one?

Which means the re-seller I got it off 'of' paid $45, and I didn't have to buy 5,000 of 'em to get that price either? What's UP… SPG!?

4. SignPainterGuy on April 15th, 2011 2:47 pm

In `71, while going to tech school, I worked evenings in the paint dept. of a major retailer. They bought their best ext. house paint for $2.73(ish) and sold it for $13.99, or on sale for the self-throat-cutting price of $11.88. Wow, some "throat cutting" !

In `82, while taking a break in the auto parts store in the same bldg. as our sign shop, I just happened to catch a peek at the invoice for that stock-day. An electrical control part cost the store $0.28……..suggested retail, $8. and change.

I caught guff big time for charging 100% mark-ups on mat`l that I actually did work on before selling. It`s a bizzaro world !

BTW, M_W, good discussions and points you`ve been makin` at MM`s place !

And after getting the new hard drive in my laptop (only computer), I`m guessing it`s a higher rpm model, Charter also upped their speed too, it`s working better and faster than when new ! I`m likin` it ! :-)

5. Marshall_Will on April 15th, 2011 3:05 pm

SPG,

Thanks. Still, there's times when everyone is more bent on making 'their' point and a lot of pertinent info gets shuffled to the side? More direct interaction here. IMHO.

Doug, what's the dealio? Thought Teh One was totally inseperable and "dialed in" w/ His Blackberry Yo!? I thought all these young unemployed/unemployABLE 'hipsters' ( which was 32.4% of his VOTE dontcha' know ) didn't -need- The Man's wired-world? 'Sup?

6. Nanny on April 15th, 2011 4:14 pm

How is it that siblings born from the same loins and raised in the same house can differ so much on politics??? My sister is a huge lib too :( Her husband is an independent that leans heavily right. Since they bought their own business she is beginning to see things a little differently but……… And in so many instances her thoughts are so in line with mine but……. she just can't help herself and she is a complete George Bush hater.

We get together frequently and we now have a list of things that cannot be discussed and politics is one of them.

7. Clu Seatoe on April 15th, 2011 6:46 pm

Ready, Set, Go! Mao wants everyone to have a unique logon and password to save ID theft, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.

If Mao’s administration is in favor of it, you know it’s nefarious far beyond your imagination.

8. zillaoftheresistance on April 15th, 2011 7:45 pm

Let him get a fancy phone outside of the Oval Office, it's time to throw the bum out! http://zillablog.marezilla.com/2011/04/its-nation
    Today is National Tell Congress to Impeach the Bastard Day!

9. Joe Redfield on April 15th, 2011 11:13 pm

According to the story I saw on Fox, this is going to be 'voluntary'. Right. Pass this and we might not have to worry about elections in 2016.

10. Clu Seatoe on April 15th, 2011 11:21 pm