Michelle Obama, 2011:

“I want to embrace the country that I love. The country that I know is positive and fair and there’s so much of that out there, that’s it very easy to kind of push the other stuff aside and not take it in. It’s easier than you’d imagine,” Michelle Obama said.

No wonder she wants us all to lose weight — she’s trying to embrace us, and that’s not an easy task if we’re all the size of a mini-van.

Contrast that with Michelle Obama in 2008:

And here’s something from earlier in 2008. Before Michelle O. was proud of America for the first time, she wasn’t proud at all:

Obama begins with a broad assessment of life in America in 2008, and life is not good: we’re a divided country, we’re a country that is “just downright mean,” we are “guided by fear,” we’re a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents. “We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day,” she said, as heads bobbed in the pews. “Folks are just jammed up, and it’s gotten worse over my lifetime. And, doggone it, I’m young. Forty-four!”

Pardon my skepticism about anything this woman says or does.

However, if her recent call for America to do more for military families means more support for military families will come in, I support it — regardless of the motivation behind it. We should do all we can to support the men and women in the military whose pride in America isn’t based only on which guy happens to be sitting in the Oval Office.

Comments

7 Responses to “Michelle Obama’s America: So Much Has Changed Since 2008”

1. Marshall_Will on April 19th, 2011 1:49 pm

“I want to embrace the country that I love… 'to change' "

There, FIFYFLOTUS.

2. SignPainterGuy on April 19th, 2011 1:57 pm

Glad you cleared that up for me. I`ve been wondering "which" country she loves, `cause it sho ain`t this`n !!

3. Clu Seatoe on April 19th, 2011 2:19 pm

If true, that’s quite an attitude change in three years.

So what has changed? A couple of things are her residential location and getting away from Jeremiah Wright, in other words getting out of inner city Chicago.

It’s a completely different country when looking down from the top of the heap rather than up through the hate and race mongering of the so-called black liberation theology.

Except for her choice of mate and her politics, there may be a bit of hope for her. That is unless, like her mate truth us a foreign language to her too.

America has been berry, berry good to me.

4. Nanny on April 19th, 2011 2:31 pm

I "want" to embrace the country that I love. Well Moochelle what is holding you back. You "want" to but………… those mean people……….. I "want" to be proud but……… those mean people………. I "want" – yeah I hear your struggle because you are so torn between your socialism, marxist and hate. Gawd ole mighty she is so not like-able.

5. Nanny on April 19th, 2011 3:00 pm

6. Marshall_Will on April 19th, 2011 3:34 pm

Identical sentiment from eldest sister. Of her latest Gov-funded excursion to France:

"The French actually 'like' Americans, as long as you don't hold to "monolithic views".

So… what you're telling me is that the French are willing to 'embrace' us ( like Moochelle ) as long as we're willing to -abandon- all the things that MAKE us Americans! ( Seems fair enough? )

Right, denounce everything you've ever held dear and… we'll 'think' about allowing you into our imaginary inner circle w/ our imaginary 'future' and our imaginary money derived from… well, YOU!

7. SignPainterGuy on April 19th, 2011 10:31 pm

Do you ever tell Big Sis that you might like the French if they actually HAD a "monolithic view" ?!