(Note: I think the comments are fixed now!)

If you missed the White House’s Easter proclamation yesterday, here it is:

That’s right, there wasn’t one. They didn’t forget Earth Day and Ramadan though!

President Obama failed to release a statement or a proclamation recognizing the national observance of Easter Sunday, Christianity’s most sacred holiday.

By comparison, the White House has released statements recognizing the observance of major Muslim holidays and released statements in 2010 on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.

The White House also failed to release a statement marking Good Friday. However, they did release an eight-paragraph statement heralding Earth Day. Likewise, the president’s weekend address mentioned neither Good Friday or Easter.

Is that why lightning struck the White House yesterday?

Today is the Easter Egg Roll at the White House. If you’re there, don’t miss the yoga garden:

And today, the president and first lady will host 30,000 people for the annual White House Easter Egg Roll. The secular celebration of Easter includes readings, games, and a yoga garden. This year’s theme, “Get Up and Go!” is part of the first lady’s anti-obesity campaign and will also display produce from the White House garden.

Not to sound like an unenlightened flyover-country hick, but what the hell is a yoga garden? “It must be spring… the Bikram Choudhury is in full bloom!”

Update: Sarah Palin didn’t forget an Easter message.

By the way, according to Obama’s spokeman, the president was too busy going to church to think about Easter.

Update II: Reverend Wright’s not available in DC, but Obama at least found an Easter pastor who once equated Rush Limbaugh with the KKK.

Comments

21 Responses to “The White House’s Easter Proclamation”

1. backwoods on April 25th, 2011 3:33 pm

The press continues to report that Obama is a Christian. They do so on the basis that he says he is. I judge him by his actions and he does not act like any devoted Christian I've ever known. I'm not a religious man myself, but I was raised in a church-going family and I've been around enough Christians to know a bit about telling the true believers from the pretenders. Obama is a pretender. But that's nothing new. He's been pretending to be president for a couple of years now.

2. Marshall_Will on April 25th, 2011 3:38 pm

We actually had a local Portland-area Leftist blogger -insist- on starting all his/its posts with "Earth Day 2011"… Lol Dude, are kidding me? Try Good Friday.

"If you missed the White House’s Easter proclamation yesterday, here it is:"

Doug, I tried to 'click' on it and… He GOT me! Yeah but P'BO can't be forgettin' Ramalamadingdong.

3. Granny55 on April 25th, 2011 3:45 pm

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. I see Zero went golfing on Easter Sunday, how Christian of him. He is a pretender – no doubt about it.

And so glad Doug has the bugs worked out of the site.

4. SignPainterGuy on April 25th, 2011 3:48 pm

Barry said, (among other nonsense), "..there are many paths to Heaven."

NO Christian would EVER make that statement !

Barry is obviously practicing taqqiya (sp?)(lying for the furtherance of the muslim cause), otherwise, he`d be charged by some muslim leader of being an apostate !

5. Marshall_Will on April 25th, 2011 3:50 pm

Golfing..! ( He's… 'golfing' ) No doubt telling "a Rabbi, a Priest and a polar bear walk into a bar" jokes.

Oh and don't forget to hit Doug's link posted above! Very 'telling'.

6. momo on April 25th, 2011 3:51 pm

Oh noes, Obama thinks it's important to promote Earth Day! And he has a yoga garden!

How very non-white-skinned of him!

7. SignPainterGuy on April 25th, 2011 3:51 pm

I`m glad about Doug`s bugs too, but I didn`t want to jinx him again !

Hoping everyone had a wonderful Easter yesterday ! Those looking to the WH for religious guidance might have missed it !

8. Marshall_Will on April 25th, 2011 4:33 pm

"However, other than MSNBC Earth Day is not a story today. I can remember as recently as three years ago Earth Day would have been wall-to-wall 24/7 coverage. Every cable news outlet, every newspaper, every magazine would be devoted to the latest progress, the warnings of global warming and so forth and what we all must do to save the earth and now it’s not even a story."

( From Rush )

9. backwoods on April 25th, 2011 4:58 pm

Of course Sarah Palin didn't forget. She's not a pretender.

10. Granny55 on April 25th, 2011 5:27 pm

Well, now I see where Zero did make it to church on Easter Sunday but…..it seems he has found another Jerimiah Wright at this new church. WTF!!! And the press has swept under the rug the content of the sermon – not surprising. But……again new media has been on it. Let's see how this plays out this time around!!!

11. momo on April 25th, 2011 5:39 pm

If Rush said it, it must be true. Lol.

Yet another reason to tell the zealots to get lost when they're fleeing the mid-American dustbowl in a couple of decades' time.

12. Marshall_Will on April 25th, 2011 7:31 pm

No-mo,

Again, no. With 'His' famous "crotch salutes" during the National Anthem… that places our/YOUR President as Un-American. This has been photographed numerous times. ( Hint, your hand is supposed to go over your heart? ) Not your b@lls.

'His' skipping, omitting or glossing over "endowed by their creator" makes him Un-Christian. 'His' willingness to snub organizations like The Boy Scouts Of AMERICA is Un-traditional.

Next time you go to play The Race-Card don't burn it tossing it up against the trump suit. Just a friendly bit of advice.

13. SignPainterGuy on April 25th, 2011 7:34 pm

M_W,

You`re on to something there, it appears that the costs of going green and the truth they hate so much is winning the day, slowly but surely. I haven`t seen the earf day celebrations to the extent we once saw, except in the lib / progressive bastions such as my neighbor city, whose paper ran stories from 4/15 thru /22, front page. "Happy Easter" made the front page header yesterday, but the details were relegated to the religion section. "Secularism and fairness" on full display !

14. SignPainterGuy on April 25th, 2011 7:42 pm

momo,

After 13 years as a loyal Rush listener, I can`t recall anything of significance that he was wrong about. How he says things sometimes grates on me, what he says is amazingly accurate. As a matter of fact, the Sullivan Group out of CA took it upon themselves to fact-check Rush, and after 23 (ish) years have rated him at about 99% accuracy. And before you accuse them of being paid by Rush, NO, they don`t get paid by ANYONE; they do it on their own !

Got something that you believe Rush is wrong about, take it up with the Sullivan Group !

15. Obama bin Biden on April 25th, 2011 7:43 pm

I'd be happier if the Easter Bunny were president.

16. SignPainterGuy on April 25th, 2011 8:06 pm

M_W<

Very well said, buddy ! Thru the rafters, nuthin` but net !

17. Marshall_Will on April 25th, 2011 9:21 pm

SPG,

What No-mo can't know is that I'm in the belly of the beast, Portland Oregon. No, I don't need Rush or anyone else to tell me Earf Day is losing momentum.

In a lot of ways, it's just a spinoff of The Wealth Effect. Back in the 90's ( the LAST time we were having Bubble that was going to make us Zillionaires! ) there really wasn't anything to complain about! In 1999, Phoenix had Unemployment of like 2%, Intel's stock was going up 10% a DAY and 'outsourcing' meant getting someone ELSE to clean the bathrooms at work!

Libs got bored and felt guilty for enjoying all that success so they invented ways for ALL of us to feel bad about ourselves. On a sad note, Rush pointed out that Earf Daze Founder, Ira Einhorn later faced murder charges for killing his GF. A real piece of work. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ira_Einhorn

18. Marshall_Will on April 25th, 2011 9:23 pm

Trial and penalty:

Taking the stand in his own defense, Einhorn claimed that Maddux was murdered by CIA agents who attempted to frame Einhorn for the crime due to Einhorn's investigations on the Cold War and "psychotronics". However, after only two hours of deliberation, the jury did not find his testimony credible and affirmed his conviction on October 17, 2002.[8]

Einhorn, Pennsylvania Department of Corrections #ES6859, is currently serving his sentence in the State Correctional Institution in Houtzdale. [9]

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you your Earf Daze Founder!

19. SignPainterGuy on April 25th, 2011 9:33 pm

M_W,

Veeeery interestink ! (Laugh In)

Good to see the jury re-affirm his conviction and this murderer / composter is living his "just-deserts" ! (sort of)

20. “Our “Christian” President Failed to Release Easter Proclamation” and related posts | Global News on April 26th, 2011 12:43 am

[...] Th&#1077 Colorless Household's Easter Edict - Th&#1077 Powers Th&#1072t B&#1077 [...]

21. Debbie on April 26th, 2011 8:24 am

What could possibly be displayed from the WH garden? I am just planting things in mine and certainly nothing is ready to "harvest". I think they must have bought it at Whole Foods.

But nothing is wrong with Earth Day if it is a time to honor our Earth, clean it up, and take care of it. No, I don't believe in the climate change BS and I do believe in drilling for oil but everything can be done without trashing the earth in the process. And I am not giving up my 23 mpg SUV for an electric car (13 miles?) that only goes as far as I drive to catch the bus (one way).