There’s a Facebook campaign that now has several thousand pledged participants who will be placing sticky notes like this one on gas pumps whenever they’re filling up (or getting as much as they can afford to buy):

The instructions are so simple even a brainwashed Obamabot can figure it out (except maybe for the “don’t be destructive” part):

Purchase a pad of large sticky notes. Write on each one, “How’s that Hope & Change working out for you?” Every time you stop to fill your vehicle with gas, place your sticky note somewhere on the pump before you drive away. DO NOT be destructive in ANY way! Place your sticky note somewhere, so as not to impede the next customer’s ability to read the pump’s digital readout.

Other sayings you could use would be “Drill, baby drill” or perhaps “Your president’s solution to this is that you buy a $45,000 battery powered golf cart.”

Comments

14 Responses to “The ‘Hope and Change’ Gas Pump Sticky Note Campaign”

1. SignPainterGuy on May 1st, 2011 4:16 pm

Sounds like a fun way to make a point without causing any damage. Timely – prices went up 9 cents in 2 days here; now $3.899 for reg. Knowing this could be reversed with a few proper words from the Transformer-in-Chief just makes this situation all the more frustrating !

2. Fuzzlenutter on May 1st, 2011 4:23 pm

How about "Stick with Obama and Make It Go Higher!"

3. Nanny on May 1st, 2011 4:46 pm

That's a good one!!!

My gas pump sticky notes say – "Hope" you are liking the "change" after this fill up!

4. OK_Loyalist on May 1st, 2011 4:55 pm

I paid $4.199 here Friday for 91 octane non-ethanol. Thank goodness it only took $20 to top my tank. BTW, we have one gasoline refinery in Tulsa, another 60 miles north. 2 others 100 miles of here.

5. SignPainterGuy on May 1st, 2011 5:07 pm

We`re in the mtns, so an hour from here in almost any direction will have lower prices. Apparently, the gas I`ve been buying in the last 5 weeks or so has been non-ethanol – gas mileage has improved 20 miles per 1/4 tank. I hate ethanol !

No refineries anywhere near here. Nearest tank farm / distribution center is over an hour away in SC in the foothills. Almost all of it is trucked in ! $$$$$ !

6. Clu Seatoe on May 1st, 2011 5:15 pm

GREAT IDEA! Will start right away.

I used to buy from an ARCO station just the other side of a chain link fence from the ARCO refinery in Long Beach (Torrance), CA. It was a corporate store, not franchised and had the most expensive gas in the area at the time. I often wondered why they didn’t just run the pipes from the refinery to the gas pumps under the fence and give the people a fair price. Naïve kid back then.

“FAIR PRICE”??

Unheard of in the corporate world!

“We have a responsibility to our shareholders, ya know.”

7. Nanny on May 1st, 2011 7:02 pm

And don't forget the grocery stores too!!! Food prices are skyrocketing. I paid $5.19 for a quart of mayo yesterday. The jar I just finished was $3.29 and that purchase was about 1-1/2 months ago. So get going with those sticky notes where ever you can get the word out!!!

We are paying $4.19/gallon in mid Michigan for regular.

8. backwoods on May 1st, 2011 9:14 pm

I've been curious about what area of NC you're in. The tank farm of which you speak is in my neck of the woods. Lowest gas price around here right now is $3.699 for 87 octane with ethanol.

9. SignPainterGuy on May 1st, 2011 11:53 pm

I`m in Canton, just safely west of A`vl, the San Fran of the east coast. You`re around Spartanburg ? I used to work as a carpenter for Hot Spot out of there; loved the work, remodeling old stores before they could afford all new bldgs (`80-`81); never liked the co. structure though ! They were pioneers in the gas-ohol biz. Hate it ! Love to smell it though; like the best corn liqueur ! ;-)

Are you "backwoods conservative" at MM`s place ?

10. backwoods on May 1st, 2011 11:59 pm

I am backwoods conservative. The website here doesn't allow a moniker that long so I just went with backwoods. I live a few miles south of Greenville. I have a job shuttling railroad crews around so I get to Spartanburg, Asheville, and just about any other place within 150 miles of Greenville that has a railyard.

11. SignPainterGuy on May 2nd, 2011 12:09 am

Right now, I`m unsure which it is…..big oil makes either 9 cents per gal or 9% profit – approx…. I`ve heard both, but when they make more profit when the price rises tells me it`s %. Still low for the corp. world ! So, how much are the oil co`s to blame and how much more is the guv.?

Grocery stores work at around 1.5 to 3% profit margin. They really have to pinch pennies because customers will go elsewhere if it looks like they`re making a dime on a can of soup. Which is to say…..if you`re going to put the sticky notes on grocery store shelves, be careful not to blame the store itself; they have a tough time as it is !

I must compete as a one man biz. against large sign co`s that can underprice me on everything….it`s just that I do custom, hand-made signage; no computer / machine made anything. Some people expect me to work for nothing, since my overhead is so low. My markup……over 100% . It`s all about volume !

12. SignPainterGuy on May 2nd, 2011 1:20 am

Well cool, I wondered about your locale too. Liked your comments at MM`s for a couple yrs.

Saw a huge, old steam engine in A`vl a few yrs back sitting across from Dave Steel, no camera then. Now that I have a dslr, no interesting trains ! Timing is everything !

13. backwoods on May 2nd, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks. I've been enjoying your comments as well.

14. TriciaNC on May 3rd, 2011 8:04 am

What I'm going to do is give a detail/fact on my notes. Obama has been villifying the "Big, Bad Oil companies" so I want people to know where the blame really lies. Many think it's the greediness of the corporation, not Obama policy.

I'll start with something like "Obama gave $2B to Brazil to drill in OUR Gulf, said we'd buy our oil back." or "Obama lets Venezuela drill in OUR Gulf. Why not US?"

Food prices can be hit as well. Relate the high prices to gas prices to get it to the store, inflation, and ethanol.