George W. Bush isn’t going, but I’ll bet a gallon of gas that Bill Clinton manages to wiggle his way into the spotlight on Thursday.

Politico:

Former President George W. Bush has turned down President Barack Obama’s invitation to join him at ground zero on Thursday, citing his desire to avoid the media glare.

“President Bush appreciated the invite, but has chosen in his post-presidency to remain largely out of the spotlight,” Bush spokesman David Sherzer told POLITICO in an email Tuesday night. “He continues to celebrate with all Americans this important victory in the war on terror.”

Part of me wanted Bush to show up with the bullhorn and yell “let’s hear it for waterboarding!” — But I know he’s too classy for that.

Comments

19 Responses to “Bush Declines Obama Invite to Ground Zero Event”

1. Clu Seatoe on May 4th, 2011 12:38 am

The Kenyan and the puppet master will try to steal legitimacy at every turn.

Good decision Bush.

2. SignPainterGuy on May 4th, 2011 12:40 am

"Let`s hear it for waterboarding !" Oh, if only ! I`d give a weeks pay to hear GWB tell °0°, "I wouldn`t appear next to you, you lyin` marxist sack o` …..!" Just dreamin`, GWB has more class than that !

3. OK_Loyalist on May 4th, 2011 1:05 am

I said over to Michelle's and worth repeating here as well.

GW, Cheney, Ashcroft, Rummy & Condi were all vindicated.

No sense giving °O° any campaign material.

Winning!

4. OK_Loyalist on May 4th, 2011 1:08 am

°Õ° = Zipperhead … whadda ya think ? :D

5. SignPainterGuy on May 4th, 2011 1:22 am

No offense, but it looks too much like a trump toupee ! A for effort ! ;-)

Try the numeral 0 instead of the letter O; see if that makes a difference ! Not so "fat headed" ….

6. SignPainterGuy on May 4th, 2011 1:24 am

WINNING !

7. OK_Loyalist on May 4th, 2011 1:36 am

Trump toupee ROFL

8. cdl on May 4th, 2011 1:40 am

Good decision Bush.

Ubama wanted to be president so bad…let him get all the "credit" he wants.

9. Marshall_Will on May 4th, 2011 12:40 pm

OK

( Hilarious exchange between you and Michelle last night btw! )

I caught a glimpse of MM's article when I got into the office in my Inbox from Townhall and said… SARCASM…! Any time a Conservative paraphrases John Lennon's "Imagine" ( I mean c'mon? )

Also noted there that 'I' have been the target of these set-ups in the past in the Corp. world and after (1) thorough humiliation have declined ever since. "You wouldn't have to do 'much', just say a few words, it would mean so much".

Yeah, no thanks. You're on your OWN pal.

10. Marshall_Will on May 4th, 2011 12:44 pm

"Ubama"

( Liiiiike it! ) Caught Greta V. ( the most under-rated woman on television btw ) and… she kind of slipped too. She caught herself and -immediately- took pains to correct it but it was pretty clear she was fighting back that involuntary facial expression that comes with "Boy am I gonna' HEAR about that!"

U-bama… O-bama, I say the choice is yours?

11. Jimbo on May 4th, 2011 1:45 pm

You broke it, you bought it. Ha. Good for Bush.

12. VaGal on May 4th, 2011 1:47 pm

Bush is a class act. Obama is fortunate to have him as his predecessor. Following Obama will be worse than following Jimmeh. I am also sure W has seen what Obama has done to those with whom he has "differences of opinion" as they sit in the same room–ie Supreme Court, Paul Ryan and Donald Trump. Good call, Pres. Bush.

13. Granny55 on May 4th, 2011 2:30 pm

Very good decision by Bush! First off, why set yourself up for a knife in the back. And the way Zero's administration is handling the aftermath – well- let's just say the junior high student council here in my hometown has done a much better job. Since day one, they can't get a story straight and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing (although one of those hands always seems to be in their laps hmmmmm….)

14. SignPainterGuy on May 4th, 2011 2:46 pm

Both hands during the National Anthem !

15. TheLiberalMedia on May 4th, 2011 6:02 pm

I just want to get the logic of hateful right wing extremists down:

9/11 Happened on Bush's watch, it isnt his fault. Not 1%. He promises to get Bin Laden "dead or alive", never does. In his second term claims not to think much about Bin Laden.

Bin Laden killed while Obama is president, he gets no credit, Bush gets all credit because….

16. TheLiberalMedia on May 4th, 2011 6:04 pm

If Clinton had declined Bush's invite to attend a 9/11 memorial, you would all be asking why Clinton hates America.

You are hypocritical, weak minded scum. (in a nice way)

Clearly you all would rather have Bin laden alive and free then killed while Obama was president. You are cowards.

17. SignPainterGuy on May 4th, 2011 8:20 pm

Again and as usual, TLM has everything backward and lacks even a clue.

I don`t believe TheLiberalMedia OR The Liberal Media !

18. TheLiberalMedia on May 5th, 2011 11:30 am

What do I have backwards? Please educate me SPG.

19. SignPainterGuy on May 5th, 2011 1:38 pm

No, it would be like picking weeds ! Soon, you`d just come back with the same lib/prog nonsense . A waste of time unless you WANT to learn !