Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown recently assured the American public that Bin Laden is indeed dead based on a photo he saw. Brown, an alleged Republican, didn’t realize the picture he was looking at was fake but felt the need to tell the whole country he’d seen it before checking out the source, or before anybody on his staff even did a quick Internet search for that matter. DOH!

Brown is on the Armed Services and Homeland Security Committees, so sleep better, America!

As you’ll see in the story below, the White House denies that any members of Congress have seen the “dead Bin Laden” pictures while many members of Congress are claiming they have seen the photos. If these guys are trying to quell those in the Muslim world as well as conspiracy theorists who are claiming Bin Laden actually isn’t dead, they’re doing a lousy job. It kind of makes you wonder if the White House has even seen the real photos:

Darn Photoshop. Brown should have known that Bin Laden was never on the cover of Cosmo like he was.

Yesterday afternoon I was listening to the Dennis Miller show, and he said that the Bin Laden death photo being circulated around Capitol Hill was the one below, so I can understand why Brown was taken in — it certainly seems realistic:

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

15 Responses to “Sen. Scott Brown Assures America Bin Laden is Dead Based on a Fake Photo”

1. SignPainterGuy on May 5th, 2011 12:35 pm

If the cover shot wasn`t enough, that hideous princess hat should have been the clincher !

It sounded to me like the verbal descriptions from some of our congress-critters of the photos was remarkably like the photoshopped images circulating on the web. I`m really tired of feeling disappointed by our leadership !

2. Doug on May 5th, 2011 12:53 pm

No kidding… they keep talking about "emboldening our enemies"… but what emboldens our enemies more than our government demonstrating on a daily basis how absolutely inept they are?

3. Marshall_Will on May 5th, 2011 12:58 pm

For the "3/4 Ton Disappointment" to have been taken in by this ( don't you think he would have been 'briefed' prior to spout that whatever it 'was' he's been shown was in fact the genuine article? )

"Scott, it's ____ from the ____ Dept. He's emailing over the photo of Bin Laden's corpse via SecureNet. FOUO to be viewed in a secure environment. He was hoping you could make an On-Air appearance, you know.., just to verify its authenticity. He's on line 4".

Correct me me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure 'that' is how it was couched to him? The rookie is so flattered to be part of the inner circle, he chopms at the bit. IMHO.

4. Clu Seatoe on May 5th, 2011 1:13 pm

If Mao the Kenyan Puppet were to ever do anything presidential in support of America no quelling would be necessary.

The mood in this regime is the same as that leading up to WWII. THE STENCH FEAR!! Sitting back trying to play neutral.

Crying out “we want to be friends.” Forget about bowing, this is genuflecting, you cowards.

President Ipecac — makes me wanna puke.

5. SignPainterGuy on May 5th, 2011 1:29 pm

"President Ipecac" …….ha ha ha, I have got to write that down; I want to remember it !

6. Marshall_Will on May 5th, 2011 2:04 pm

God, my mother used that term all the time. Especially when Pops was feeling a little hungover?

"Not right now dear, daddy will have to play ball with you later. He's feeling a little ipecac." Lord, I haven't heard that in years! In this case, most applicable.

7. SignPainterGuy on May 5th, 2011 2:29 pm

Ooooooh, that is some bad shot of Nick ! I can imagine that being our Nick "the Troll", but surely, gramma wouldn`t let him be seen in public looking like that. But, then again, we are products of our parentage ! Who knows ?

Anyway, I`ve heard of "bad hair days"……it looks like Nick has made it a "bad head life" ! Pitiful !

8. Clu Seatoe on May 5th, 2011 2:40 pm

Please study this photo carefully. Doesn’t it look like Mao has been photo shopped in??

He is the tiniest person in the room. Different light, different shadows, different dress.

9. Granny55 on May 5th, 2011 3:38 pm

Just heard Rush say there is an article posted over at Media Matters that tells us that OZero "interrupted his planning of the attack" to make his NCAA basketball picks. So now we are to believe that the community organizer that has never held a job is now an "expert" in special ops? My Gawd – these people really are dilussional!!! I almost lost my lunch on that one!!!

10. Granny55 on May 5th, 2011 3:40 pm

PS – Love that pic of Nick Nolte – every time I see it I think to myself – yeah poor Nick I'd drink too at the thought of having to do a love scene with Babs Striesand!!!

11. Obama bin Biden on May 5th, 2011 5:06 pm

You can sell Brown a bridge in Brooklyn.

12. OK_Loyalist on May 5th, 2011 9:44 pm

"Yesterday afternoon I was listening to the Dennis Miller show, and he said "

Isn't he a great release ?

13. Doug on May 5th, 2011 11:50 pm

The Miller show is a great come-down from the previous few hours of "heavier" stuff while still being topical. In the early mornings I usually don't listen to talk radio, but from 9 to noon I flip between Beck and Laura Ingraham depending on what the topic is. Then Rush at noon and at 3 I switch to Miller.

14. Doug on May 5th, 2011 11:56 pm

Heh, now that you mention it, there is a certain "one of these things is not like the other" quality to it.

15. miere albine on May 7th, 2011 9:30 am

There was a little rushed. Perhaps he wanted to catch a portion of the crowd as it stirs the bath so. That these politicians do every day – when speculation. I think we all should we charge these things. With such things are not joking. He should know this.
    And I believe that some members of Congress have seen the execution but I do not want to admit it. It is a matter of foreign policy.