Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms! I’ll be spending the day making sure my kids spoil their mom and then taking everybody out to visit my mother. Consider this an open thread for whatever’s on your mind.

Two possible discussion points: Planned Parenthood is wishing moms a happy Mother’s Day using the occasion to ask for donations. It never ceases to amaze me.

And here’s video showing President Obama in Florida, a couple of hours after “operation double tap Bin Laden” got underway. Obama stepped off Air Force One and exchanged little pieces of paper with Air Force Brig. General Ed Wilson. Feel free to speculate what’s on the pieces of paper. HAP thinks the General is handing Obama a “buy a round, get a round free” golf coupon:

Comments

7 Responses to “‘Happy Mother’s Day’ Open Thread”

1. zillaoftheresistance on May 8th, 2011 11:50 am

Good morning and thank you for the Mother's Day wishes! Hubby got me a box of Whitman's Sampler milk chocolates, and not only are they my favorite, they are totally made in the USA including the packaging!

Mother's Day is a good time to appreciate all of us nonfeminists (I call us Femininicans) who by bringing children into the world and loving them we are offensive to the anti-family anti-child left. Last week was National Offend a Feminist week, and my contribution to the event seems to have done exactly that, my twitter trolls cursed at me and said I'm stupid & a hater or some such non-sense and there's some folks admonishing me for not "thanking" feminazis in the comments thread of my offensive blog post here: http://zillablog.marezilla.com/2011/05/take-your-
    There's a link there in the post if you'd like to know what a femininican is too.
    One commenter told me not to "throw the baby out with the bath water" which I find funny since throwing babies away is a routine occurrence with feminists (abortion).

To all the moms here and the good dad's who helped them become moms, I wish you all a happy Mother's Day.

There's one other thing I want to talk about. Where is my friend SignPainterGuy? I haven't seen around for a few days and you know, I miss him.

2. SignPainterGuy on May 8th, 2011 12:46 pm

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the wonderful mothers out there in the world of the inter-webs ! Especially my dear friend MareZillaMJ ! Guys, spoil your wives, sisters, moms, neighbors and friend`s wives and mothers at every possible moment; they`re all special !

I`m visiting my BigSis and Mom in Mississippi this weekend – she has new internet service / tv . I hope "she" likes it ! Her dsl hookup was better ! Gee whiz !

We`ll be picking up Mom shortly and driving up the Nachez Trace Parkway to a picnic area overlooking the Ross-Barnett Reservoir for lunch (outside Jackson). Weather`s nice but breezy, maybe we won`t be blown in for an unexpected swim with the gators ! ;-)

Y`all have a great day ! Back this evening !

3. zillaoftheresistance on May 8th, 2011 7:40 pm

I hope you all stay dry and have a lovely visit together. Your mom must be one special lady to have raised up such a fine man.

4. Granny55 on May 8th, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks Doug and Happy Mothers Day to all!!! Got to spend all day Saturday and today with grandson #1, evening fireworks in the back yard, Papa fixing breakfast on the grill for all and then off to the zoo. The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been to have both grandsons with us – but maybe next year when daughter #3 gets married and they are all home.

5. guest on May 8th, 2011 11:52 pm

It's a coin exchange in the video. The President gives one to the Gen and the Gen gives his coin back. It's very common in the Military.

6. OK_Loyalist on May 9th, 2011 12:15 am

Happy Mother's Day to you Granny, sounds like you had a nice day .

7. Marshall_Will on May 9th, 2011 11:42 am

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms! You deserve it. ( Surprisingly, our cake turned out edible? )

Just a quick note spending time w/ the in-laws over the weekend. We were discussing how it recently came to surface that Cinco de` Mayo isn't much of a 'holiday' south of the border. In fact, it isn't really celebrated at all!

Then the truth came out, our daughter's FIL ( who worked for Anheiser Busch in the Bay Area ) explained the whole thing was cooked up by Corona Beer! All about 15 years ago. As you'd assume, largely to SELL BEER and having no real cultural signifigance on -either- side of the border previously. Now we have Leftists of all stripes defending it to the death and of course calling the rest of us raaaacists! Just ridiculous.

Happy Mum's Day! ( Actual holiday )