That is the question:

Hopefully in 2012 we can help get Obama to at least empathize with the “lost his government job” part.

Why didn’t he just tell her to hold tight and soon one of his millions of lucrative “green jobs” would be coming her way? In the near future, we’ll all have one… right? Or maybe Obama should have explained his pal Nancy Pelosi’s economic theory of how unemployment checks are great job creators. “What would I do if I were you? I’d go home swelling with pride in the knowledge that I was creating jobs while doing absolutely nothing!”

The best advice for this woman would would have been to avoid asking somebody who’s never even run a lemonade stand, and couldn’t do so without ending up bankrupt, for jobs and economic advice — but she wasn’t about to be told that for obvious reasons.

Comments

20 Responses to “What Would President Obama Do if He Were Pregnant and Lost His Government Job?”

1. SignPainterGuy on May 12th, 2011 7:45 pm

Obvious answer, being a pregnant male, Ocan`tbowasdeeplyanymoremao would get some gov. study-money and live high on the gov. hog for the rest of his and the child`s lives ! Betcha !!

What should she do ? First, she and hubs should probably drop their new house bldg plans, look for a cheaper place (rent?), maybe hubby can get a second job and go from there !

2. Marshall_Will on May 12th, 2011 8:41 pm

SPG,

My thinking EXACTLY! Note to Non-Essential Employee #7:

When you're thinking about building a freaking HOUSE… might not want to toss the BC 'just' this minute?

Before the gals jump all over me, we in the pvt. sector have NEVER had the luxury nor freedom to do whatever we wanted, as suited our fancy… ( regardless of the economic backdrop ) at whatever STAGE in our lives just because we had the assurance of that steady GOV check!

I'm not without compassion but the Job Market has been shaky since at least '07 when the credit crunch struck. Didn't she have ANY idea we were in peril? So what does she do? Runs out builds a house AND gets pregnant! Sheesh.

3. Clu Seatoe on May 12th, 2011 8:48 pm

Somebody’s head at CBS is gonna roll for putting this out over the air.

I wonder how the “We’ll talk after” went.

Mao: “Without TOTUS I keep falling into these crap holes.”

4. Doug on May 12th, 2011 9:02 pm

I wonder how the “We’ll talk after” went.

I was going to guess that it would result in a bill (named after this woman, of course) for the gov't to pay all pregnant women whatever they were making at their jobs if they lose the job during pregnancy. But then I figured there's no way Planned Parenthood would support Obama if he paid women to go to full term — PP would lose a fortune.

5. slow realtor on May 12th, 2011 10:27 pm

She looks my age and my youngest "child" is 21. She should have some money saved up by now…

6. Joe Redfield on May 12th, 2011 11:03 pm

She should, but being a government employee, her definition of 'saving' is not increasing spending quite as much as she would have liked. And of course, it's all our fault for not paying more taxes.

7. OK_Loyalist on May 12th, 2011 11:09 pm

More puppetry from °0° and CBS.

8. joyannaadams on May 12th, 2011 11:37 pm

I think Obama's staff thought "WOW…make sure THIS lady gets on!"

She set up his "government work is noble" and also, "HEY…all you government workers who are losing your jobs…it's not my fault!"

As for her…I think she really thought Obama would give her a job!

LOL!

9. Obama bin Biden on May 13th, 2011 11:11 am

She doesn't look like she can build a windmill.

10. Marshall_Will on May 13th, 2011 11:42 am

slow realtor,

Right, and I look like I could be her husband's age. Our's will be 27 & 24 this fall. That's kind of my point. Ozero must have been briefed on her situation prior as he made ref. to her… working at a zoo? Yes, critical, critical 'work'.

It's maddening these gov. worker's sense of entitlement. Like what, the REST of us middle-agers wouldn't like to be in a rock band? Try out for the Phillies? What are we constantly TOLD!? ( Don't quit your day job! )

11. backwoods on May 13th, 2011 11:46 am

I'll be surprised if he doesn't. He has proven that he doesn't mind spending the taxpayers' dollars.

12. Perusing the Conservative Blogosphere… | Maggie's Notebook on May 14th, 2011 9:38 am

[...] Doug wants to know what Obama would do if he was pregnant and lost his government job… huh? -here- The Lonely Conservative has Obama’s lame attempt at stand-up falling flat -here- [...]

13. ReaganiteGOPer on May 14th, 2011 9:56 am

Linked @ Reaganite Republican…

Perusing the Conservative Blogosphere
    (also x-post @ Maggie's Notebook)

14. sablegsd on May 14th, 2011 5:53 pm

Well, I guess he would have an abortion. He shouldn't be punished by a baby, just because he was careless.

15. SignPainterGuy on May 14th, 2011 6:43 pm

Good point, but being the attention ho he is, I`m still going with the "milk the fame for all it`s worth" path !

16. Perusing the Conservative Blogosphere | Conservative News Today on May 15th, 2011 7:50 am

[...] to know what Obama would do if he was pregnant and lost his government job… huh?  -here- The Lonely Conservative has Obama’s lame attempt at stand-up falling flat -here- [...]

17. Katy Lady on May 16th, 2011 11:30 am

I heard this question being asked on a radio station while I was doing housework. From the tone I honestly thought that this person must be under 25…..That would explain why her brain wasn't fully grown yet. MORON! That is the kind of thing you address with your husband or your extended family. You would think she would have a clue how to handle this since she is not exactly a spring chicken. Maybe you should call an employment agency, or network with friends from previous jobs, or do some consulting, or take something to tide you over until you find a more stable dream job.MORON! This middle-aged woman should be embarrassed by her own immaturity.

18. Perusing the Conservative Blogosphere | American News Blog on May 17th, 2011 4:16 pm

19. Perusing the Conservative Blogosphere | USA In The News on May 18th, 2011 5:47 am

20. Perusing the Conservative Blogosphere | Political News on May 18th, 2011 7:48 am