As if Newt Gingrich’s week wasn’t going bad enough, but now he’s got to hit the campaign trail covered in glitter like a stripper coming off the night shift at Cheetas.

CBS reports that the glitter-bomb thrower was a gay rights protester, but I suppose it’s possible he was a bill collector from Tiffany’s — you never know:

Question: Should it be legal for campaigning politicians to tase to the point of loss of bodily functions anybody who physically attacks them? Newt might have won over some voters if he’d have dropped this clown.

Comments

9 Responses to “All That Glitters is Not Gold for Newt Gingrich”

1. Marshall_Will on May 18th, 2011 12:52 pm

Not funny. How was NG or anyone else present supposed to know what was in this @$$clown's bag o' tricks? Anthrax? Electric eels?

The GLBT 'community' needs to renounce this type of behavior. Making a 'point' ( or more likely trolling for crazy @zz b_ _t s*x from all the youtube hits? ) I can see the Craigslist ad already.

"Yes, 'this' is Chad. Uh huh, I'm the one that dissed that homophobe Newt. Wasn't that the sexiest thing you ever saw when that bear of a security guard GRABBED my junk and whisked me from the room! Drinks..? Eight o' clock at the Mineshaft? Don't make me wait!"

2. Doug on May 18th, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm non-partisan when it comes to wanting politicians to be able to tase people who physically attack them… even Carl Levin:

3. zillaoftheresistance on May 18th, 2011 1:17 pm

Yep, I don't like Newt, but I support the right to tase people who think assault is a viable form of protest. Anything could have been in that box. Where was security before that guy got so close? They should be fired.

4. VaGal on May 18th, 2011 1:20 pm

Oh, what's a little unicorn dust while you display your own intolerance in the name of tolerance? A good tasing is the least these people deserve. As Marshall_Will notes, we do not know the extent of the physical threat they may actually pose.

5. Doug on May 18th, 2011 1:44 pm

Now that I think about it, tasing this guy would have probably constituted a hate crime.

6. Joe Redfield on May 18th, 2011 5:01 pm

I notice they haven't tried this approach yet with Rep. West. That would be interesting to see.

7. Granny55 on May 18th, 2011 8:15 pm

I am beginning to think that Newt needs to borrow Zero's teleprompter just so he can stay on task.

8. Marshall_Will on May 18th, 2011 9:20 pm

Rent-a-prompter!

Yeah, West would rip that guy's head off and sh_t down his NECK!

9. swede on May 18th, 2011 10:51 pm

WTF? I'm actually starting to feel sorry for this schmuck. Doesn't he have friends to take him aside and say, "Newt, you're scaring people. Time for your pill and a nice nap. That's a good boy…"