President Obama has an uncanny natural ability to place blame for his mistakes, shortcomings, miscalculations and backfires on the backs of his supporters while framing it as a compliment (credit for the good stuff, i.e. killing bin Laden, he’ll keep for himself, thank you very much).

The funny part is how what’s left of his adoring base mostly cheer when he grants them his unconditional forgiveness for being such colossal letdowns:

“You know, I’m a little dinged up here and there,” he said to laughter. “But I tell you what, though. The vision that brought us together in 2008, that’s undiminished in me. The confidence I have in the American people, in their decency, that’s undiminished. My faith that we can make tough choices on behalf of future generations, that’s undiminished. My belief in you has not lessened.”

“My belief in you has not lessened.” Try to imagine Yul Brenner as Rameses in the Ten Commandments offering that line in one of his more gracious, selfless moments and it’s even funnier.

Or maybe Obama was just trying to reassure his teleprompter.

Comments

11 Responses to “Good News: Obama Still Believes in the People Who Are Failing Him Miserably”

1. OK_Loyalist on May 18th, 2011 1:29 am

Illusions of grandeur

2. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2011 2:12 am

The emperor has no clothes ! Such a man-child !

DE-llusions of grandeur !

Hurry up 2012 ! Santorum and Cain, in no particular order !

3. OK_Loyalist on May 18th, 2011 2:36 am

Levin is friends with Santorum and I have always liked him myself, what little I have seen. I know he stands about on the same position on earmarks as OK's Sen Jim Inhofe, which is, it's better to have the Senate appropriate the funds than let the WH get their hands on it by default, for what that is worth.

4. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2011 2:54 am

Zilla of the Resistance has the best post on Santorum I`ve seen, which is the first un-leftist-adulterated info I`ve seen about him. Excellent (long) read and short vid from the debate. I do so hope he`s the real deal !

And dangit, I`ve got to get sat. radio so I can get Levin. No station carries him here and for some reason, I haven`t been able to get the links to his show to work on my `puter !

5. OK_Loyalist on May 18th, 2011 4:12 am

Is your Adobe Flash up to date ?

And what browser are you using?

I'll help you through this Bro ;)

6. SignPainterGuy on May 18th, 2011 4:34 am

Adobe updated yesterday, er uh, Monday and I`m on Firefox 4.0. Can use Int. Exp. 8 if I need to. Lost track of many faves when I had to re-install win vista and win 7 after new hard drive……pain in the south end !

I`ll catch you this afternoon, it`s late and my eyes are drooping ! Thanks !

7. OK_Loyalist on May 18th, 2011 4:52 am

No sweat.

8. sizemorew on May 18th, 2011 3:07 pm

Forgive me for the over-used internet joke, but I find it appropriate given who we're talking about.

"What does the scanner say about his ego level?"

"It's over 9,000!"

9. Joe Redfield on May 18th, 2011 4:59 pm

Yo, Barry! You talkin' to me?

10. Granny55 on May 18th, 2011 5:40 pm

Ummmm Doug? How did you get that? I didn't think Zero allowed press into the inner circle? I wonder how Valerie Jarrett, Eric Holder, Nappy Napolitano, Jay Carnival and Bill Daley took that pep talk? Whatttttttt????

Oh that was a campaign speech – it sounded more like a pep talk to his corrupt inner circle cronies.

11. dandapani on May 18th, 2011 11:00 pm

They make him look good.