Evidently tommorow is the day that kicks off the end of the world as we know it. I laughed at first, but when I heard the part of Obama’s speech concerning Israel yesterday the Armageddon prediction didn’t seem quite as ridiculously speculative.

From CNN:

For months they’ve been spreading the word, answering the biblical call of Ezekiel 33 to sound the alarm and warn the people.

Their message, which they say the Bible guarantees, is simple: The end of the world is near.

And now, it’s suddenly really near – so near that if these folks are right, you should probably pass on buying green bananas.

Perhaps you’ve already noticed, what with the billboards and signs dotting the landscape, the pamphlets blowing in the wind and the RVs plastered with Judgment Day warnings weaving through cities. Or maybe, as the birds chirped outside and you sipped your morning coffee, a full-page newspaper ad for the upcoming mass destruction caught your eye.

May 21, 2011, according to loyal listeners of Family Radio, a Christian broadcasting network based in Oakland, California, will mark the Day of Rapture and the start of Judgment Day (which, they say, will last five months). Those who are saved will be taken up to heaven, and those who aren’t will endure unspeakable suffering. Dead bodies will be strewn about as earthquakes ravage the Earth, they say. And come October 21, they’ll tell you, the entire world will be kaput

There’s not much time left, so get your affairs in order (thanks for taking care of that ahead of time, Arnold):

Family Radio is still offering Judgment Day bumper stickers, so they must have access to one seriously fast shipping service.

What are you doing on your last day on earth? I’m blogging, which seems stupid, because I should be hanging out with Charlie Sheen or at least something a little more worthy of a last day on earth.

Comments

11 Responses to “How Are You Spending Your Last Day on Earth?”

1. SignPainterGuy on May 20th, 2011 4:12 pm

My apologies to the "End of the World`ers", I can`t get all worked up on any "man`s" claims. I thanked GOD last night that HE promised, " No man knows the hour of MY coming." I feel at peace with that. I`m ready to go when HE chooses !

So, after lunch and before it gets too hot, I`ll finish mowing the yard and may wash my truck. It`s also laundry day for the dark stuff. Life is just too tuff !

2. Joe Redfield on May 20th, 2011 4:34 pm

The world as we know it ended(provisionally) back in January of 2009.

3. Marshall_Will on May 20th, 2011 4:45 pm

Joe,

You always seem to know where I'm going to go. Where to take things.

For those in my profession, EVERY day has felt like The Day Before The World Ends Tomorrow for… oh about the time frame you describe. Actually the stock mkt. started falling apart the first trading day of '08.

Given everyday SINCE has felt like being marched to your OWN execution, like SPG, I'm good w/ it. But the car's clean and we're caught up on laundry so I'll hit the track.

Speaking of which, has Doug ever finished that Mile he started in HS?

4. Clu Seatoe on May 20th, 2011 4:55 pm

All their negative accounts had better be paid up as of midnight tonight and hey, Family Radio employees please leave the keys to the cars and houses in plain sight, no need to lock up and if the alarms go off tonight pay no attention to ‘em. You’s guys shouldn’t have any problem signing power of attorney to me for all financial accounts with a positive cash count. I’ll be by about 11pm to pick up the goods, see you’s then.

5. Doug on May 20th, 2011 4:57 pm

The Barackalypse took us to a different place than hopefully the apocalypse will.

6. Doug on May 20th, 2011 5:38 pm

Almost there… I think I have just over a half mile to go, but thanks to "Let's Move" I've completely stopped moving in protest, so it'll take a while.

7. backwoods on May 20th, 2011 6:44 pm

If I ever get to a point where I know it's my last day on Earth I'll let you know. It'll take more than some kooky doomsday sayer to convince me of that.

8. Marshall_Will on May 20th, 2011 6:57 pm

Barackalypse Now!

God, too funny. Just being honest? Here in the blogoshpere AND in person I've run across more than one where the attitude is.., Bring.It.On.

After everything WE have been through? Pffftt, sure, whatever. How much 'worse' could it be? We have to show the Four Horseman of The Barackalypse ( BHO, EH, Pouted Lips Moochelle and TOTUS ) WE'RE not afraid to bring the country down EITHER!

9. SignPainterGuy on May 20th, 2011 7:21 pm

Barackalypse Now ! I don`t care who you are, that there is funny !

10. ravi kumar on May 21st, 2011 3:24 am

on last day on earth i would like to spent all my time with my true love who has an important position in my life……………..

11. dinobalz on May 21st, 2011 12:11 pm

The world ends a 6 PM, so I'm planning an early dinner.