Gosh, it’s getting so you can’t ask the leaders of some countries to give up their land to people who want them dead without them getting all testy about it.

Transcript by way of HAP:

MITCHELL: “It was taken as a red flag by Netanyahu and what happened then was that even if this was implicit in things that previous Presidents had said, Netanyahu seized on it even before he got on the plane, he criticized the President and in such a fashion, he lectured him in the Oval Office.

And if you look at that picture that you have up there right now, it was a stone faced Barack Obama and Netanyahu basically treated him like a school-boy. People even who work for Netanyahu, some Israeli officials, told him later that he went too far, that it was really rude and that there would be blowback to this.

“Blowback”? Yeah, Netanyahu should watch his tone or the next thing you know Obama could get vengeful and try to give his country away — oh wait…

I thought Netanyahu’s response was fairly measured, considering what what being asked of his country.

Comments

21 Responses to “Obama Admin Spokesperson/NBC Reporter Andrea Mitchell Says Netanyahu ‘Treated Obama Like a School Boy’”

1. backwoods on May 23rd, 2011 12:33 pm

It's about time Obama got a real education, and not the phony liberal one he's been trying to muddle through with.

2. Clu Seatoe on May 23rd, 2011 1:08 pm

Side-by-side:

The boy who became a great national leader.
    -and-
    The boy who became a vacillating, cowering puppet.

3. Marshall_Will on May 23rd, 2011 1:10 pm

"A side-by-side of Netanyahu and Obama in their early 20′s has been going around and it kind of falls into the “nuff said” category:"

I would have gigged Sgt. Netanyahu for not tending to the WELT of his boots, an improper "gig line" and stern scolding for getting a regulation HAIRCUT! And as soon as Barry Soetero spiffed a military gloss shine on those boots and finished KP Duty ( I'd have P'BO on RESTRICTION!!!! )

ACT like a school boy, get TREATED like a school boy! When Andrea gets done water carryin' for the WH she can make up her bunk and drop and give me 20. And just 'who' where these 'sources' within his own administration that felt Ben "went too far"? Until named, I call creative license. Or LYING if you prefer?

4. Doug on May 23rd, 2011 1:16 pm

ACT like a school boy, get TREATED like a school boy!

This is the consensus reaction of some people who have replied to this on Twitter.

5. ReaganiteGOPer on May 23rd, 2011 1:34 pm

I would say he IS a schoolboy, but word is he sucked at that, too lol

6. Marshall_Will on May 23rd, 2011 1:48 pm

PTB,

Good to hear! I can't TELL you what a social ( or rather ANTI-social ) reaction I got over the weekend from Granny's Cold Water Crab and Mountain Dew Fest post!

We just need to harness that anger. I think it's coming together. IMHO

7. Marshall_Will on May 23rd, 2011 3:23 pm

"We didn't realise you were such a big Jedward fan, Michelle. First Lady looks the part as she arrives in a windswept Ireland"

( FLOTUS's hair catches jet stream to Ireland )

Which only caused her to 'further' exaggerate her "trout pout" in attempt to look 'cool' at all times!

8. VaGal on May 23rd, 2011 4:15 pm

I thought Bibi showed great reserve in responding to the (usual) arrogance Obama showed. The stark contrast between a true leader and a petulant brat has the media spinning in overdrive to put the halo back on Obama. Hang in there, Israel. We plan on correcting this mistake in 2012.

9. Marshall_Will on May 23rd, 2011 5:04 pm

We certainly hope so on all fronts. Except for the taking until 2012 part?

When it comes right down to it, we only have (2) true remaining allies in the world. The Jews and the Filipinos. And we're doing our best to snub BOTH! Probably best to keep FLOTUS clear of Manila though ( wouldn't want her to be having a Claire Danes Moment? )

10. VaGal on May 23rd, 2011 5:51 pm

Well, the mistake to which I was referring was Obama. Unfortunately, I believe we are stuck with him until 2012. Hopefully there are enough who support Israel in Congress to prevent any irreparable damage in the meantime. You are correct in that our list of true allies is very short (thanks, Obama!), while our list of enemies grows daily. And many of those are within our own borders.

11. Marshall_Will on May 23rd, 2011 6:08 pm

Oh… I "get it". Hands down. And yes, it's the ones already within our borders that concern me most!

In terms of damage, I'm afraid, the Jews like most anybody else, aren't so easily un-insulted? They probably don't get Teh Wun's moment-by-moment/poll-driven on the fly "style of mismanagement"?

Likely don't see the 'humor' in it either? You'll be wiped off the face of the EARTH..! Oh c'mon.., you know I's jus' playin' wit' chew!? Riiiight..? We're homies!

Yeah, a 'homie' we know we can't count on for JACK. And don't think this won't change our strategy going 'forward' a lick?

12. Granny55 on May 23rd, 2011 6:47 pm

Well Andrea – if it was me I would have bitch slapped him sight on scene!

13. SignPainterGuy on May 23rd, 2011 7:00 pm

I`d say that Bibi delivered the "diplomatic speak" equivalent of a biotch slap to Owebowmoa !

14. Truth And Common Sense − Doug Powers shows us with one photo why Bibi and Obama will never see eye to eye. on May 23rd, 2011 8:38 pm

[...] a “who’s the man!” moment.  While Obama smoked cigarettes and had other people do his homework, Bibi was killing [...]

15. cdl on May 23rd, 2011 8:55 pm

Better watch out white lady. Some folks don't react kindly to being called "boy."

Imagine if a conservative called him "boy" of any kind.

16. Marshall_Will on May 23rd, 2011 9:13 pm

cdl,

Pfftt, good point. Something about her odd choice of words struck me, but not until you put that into full context does it seem apparent. Mick Jagger was cool enough to get away w/ calling people school boys or brown sugar.

Andrea Mitchell ain't.

17. Mike S. on May 23rd, 2011 11:41 pm

I don't know about you, but to me Andrea Mitchell looks a LOT like Bill Maher with a wig. Just sayin'…

18. Carolena on May 24th, 2011 3:38 pm

I now have a massive crush on Bibi.

19. IowaWoman on May 25th, 2011 10:33 am

I'm with you Carolena, how Bibi handled Obama was sexy. Then to look at Bibi at 20 some years, SMOKIN' HOT!

20. SignPainterGuy on May 25th, 2011 7:04 pm

GIRLS ! Are we gonna hafta break out the water hose ?! :-)

21. Online Fashion on February 26th, 2014 5:27 pm

I am very happy with that stuff and i hope in future you will keep update us.