The love-struck mainstream media has given President Obama the halo treatment for a long time, so it’s nice to see the First Lady finally get her due in the halo department too.

Via the Daily Mail, all that’s required for a great hair/halo photo is a properly positioned plant behind the subject:

I like it… it’s part Fletch dreaming he’s playing for the Lakers, part OJ Simpson in Naked Gun 3:

Comments

13 Responses to “FLOTUS Finally Gets a Halo”

1. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 1:53 pm

Mean-MO-Chelle is already the tallest person in the room; she has to wear those ugly a$$ed flat shoes she over-pays for; what, does she need to call MORE attention to herself by letting her halo show ?! Can`t you picture the struggle all those personal assistants endure to keep that thing under wraps ! Outshine her usurper-ego fragile husband ? Never ! Crikey ! She`s just doing her part for good wives everywhere !

2. Marshall_Will on May 26th, 2011 2:04 pm

She can always work w/ Quentin Tarantino after Pam Grier is too old to play the role?

I didn't catch the faux paus when our Bumbler In Chief didn't wait until the music stopped before making his toast? What's the story behind that?

3. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 2:22 pm

According to British Royal Custom, a toast to the Queen is simply,"To the Queen." Period ! No elaboration; no long-winded recitations of Shakespeare; Just, "To the Queen." At that point, the band (as they did), begins to play. AND, if I understand correctly, it`s only AFTER the band has finished do the attendees drink. Way too much pomp and circumcision, oops, I mean circumstance for me !

4. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 3:02 pm

Doug, my first comment went through and out of moderation, but I edited it, and it`s back in the penalty box. Can you fickits ? (As my Daughter used to say)

5. Doug on May 26th, 2011 3:03 pm

I'll check on it!

6. Doug on May 26th, 2011 3:03 pm

Even Gerald Ford didn't screw it up:

7. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 3:05 pm

Yes, I fully realize we shouldn`t expect Urkel to follow and be satisfied with protocol !

8. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 3:08 pm

Fascinating; that time it was the Queen who read from notes !

9. backwoods on May 26th, 2011 3:08 pm

"I did not have sex with that protocol."

10. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 3:11 pm

I never did…..and I certainly will never do it again !! So there !

11. Marshall_Will on May 26th, 2011 5:25 pm

"Even Gerald Ford didn't screw it up:"

And that's saying something! Ford was a walking blooper highlight reel. Guess it was too much for Bammie to just STFU and perform his Stately dooties.

Chances are this all goes hand in glove w/ crotch salutes, omitting "creator" and other various convention thrashing antics. Do you guys think it's possible his handlers are insulating him from the true sentiment that's out there?

That no -matter- whom the GOP runs against him, he'll win in a 'landslide'? The people are behind you 100% Sir! ( Oh God, get 'him' a drink? Get ME a drink! )

12. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 6:52 pm

I take it, it`s lost to cyberspace and at this point, I can`t remember how I mcphrased it ! Doggoneit !

13. Hyperfobea on May 27th, 2011 12:02 pm

"Halo" traditionally represents light surrounding a figure. Michelle looks more like a black hole. Come to think of it, isn't Uranus a black hole?