The love-struck mainstream media has given President Obama the halo treatment for a long time, so it’s nice to see the First Lady finally get her due in the halo department too.

Via the Daily Mail, all that’s required for a great hair/halo photo is a properly positioned plant behind the subject:

I like it… it’s part Fletch dreaming he’s playing for the Lakers, part OJ Simpson in Naked Gun 3:

Comments

14 Responses to “FLOTUS Finally Gets a Halo”

1. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 1:53 pm

Mean-MO-Chelle is already the tallest person in the room; she has to wear those ugly a$$ed flat shoes she over-pays for; what, does she need to call MORE attention to herself by letting her halo show ?! Can`t you picture the struggle all those personal assistants endure to keep that thing under wraps ! Outshine her usurper-ego fragile husband ? Never ! Crikey ! She`s just doing her part for good wives everywhere !

2. Marshall_Will on May 26th, 2011 2:04 pm

She can always work w/ Quentin Tarantino after Pam Grier is too old to play the role?

I didn't catch the faux paus when our Bumbler In Chief didn't wait until the music stopped before making his toast? What's the story behind that?

3. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 2:22 pm

According to British Royal Custom, a toast to the Queen is simply,"To the Queen." Period ! No elaboration; no long-winded recitations of Shakespeare; Just, "To the Queen." At that point, the band (as they did), begins to play. AND, if I understand correctly, it`s only AFTER the band has finished do the attendees drink. Way too much pomp and circumcision, oops, I mean circumstance for me !

4. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 3:02 pm

Doug, my first comment went through and out of moderation, but I edited it, and it`s back in the penalty box. Can you fickits ? (As my Daughter used to say)

5. Doug on May 26th, 2011 3:03 pm

I'll check on it!

6. Doug on May 26th, 2011 3:03 pm

Even Gerald Ford didn't screw it up:

7. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 3:05 pm

Yes, I fully realize we shouldn`t expect Urkel to follow and be satisfied with protocol !

8. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 3:08 pm

Fascinating; that time it was the Queen who read from notes !

9. backwoods on May 26th, 2011 3:08 pm

"I did not have sex with that protocol."

10. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 3:11 pm

I never did…..and I certainly will never do it again !! So there !

11. Marshall_Will on May 26th, 2011 5:25 pm

"Even Gerald Ford didn't screw it up:"

And that's saying something! Ford was a walking blooper highlight reel. Guess it was too much for Bammie to just STFU and perform his Stately dooties.

Chances are this all goes hand in glove w/ crotch salutes, omitting "creator" and other various convention thrashing antics. Do you guys think it's possible his handlers are insulating him from the true sentiment that's out there?

That no -matter- whom the GOP runs against him, he'll win in a 'landslide'? The people are behind you 100% Sir! ( Oh God, get 'him' a drink? Get ME a drink! )

12. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2011 6:52 pm

I take it, it`s lost to cyberspace and at this point, I can`t remember how I mcphrased it ! Doggoneit !

13. Hyperfobea on May 27th, 2011 12:02 pm

"Halo" traditionally represents light surrounding a figure. Michelle looks more like a black hole. Come to think of it, isn't Uranus a black hole?

14. rushessay on November 5th, 2016 5:29 pm

Hello is the word for communicational. This kind of words can be easy to showing up on the same purposes. These are maiming factor for the high forms. These are the different factors for the good human being.