Is it just me, or does it seem like this is about the sixth time this year Mitt Romney has announced he’s running for president?

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney has entered the race to be the Republican candidate for US president in 2012, saying President Barack Obama has “failed America”.

Mr Romney blamed Mr Obama for the economic woes frustrating voters, like federal spending and unemployment during a speech in New Hampshire.

If elected, he said he would make the US the world’s top job creator.

Team Obama couldn’t be more thankful.

Mitt Romney can say the right things — today’s speech is one example — but I’m more interested in what he does than says.

Some of Mitt’s thunder is being stolen today though, because Sarah Palin is also in New Hampshire.

Update: The DNC’s getting some mileage out of the “Mitt and Sarah both in New Hampshire” situation:

Comments

10 Responses to “Romney’s In… Again”

1. RoseB on June 2nd, 2011 4:38 pm

No, it's not just you, Doug; I thought he announced it before too. I'll vote for him, if it comes down to Romney vs. O, but I'm hoping for someone else.

2. backwoods on June 2nd, 2011 5:06 pm

It's not that he hasn't announced, it's just that with so much attention on Palin, people keep forgetting.

3. Doug on June 2nd, 2011 5:07 pm

I just don't want to have to plug my nose again when I vote for president like I did in 2008!

4. Obama bin Biden on June 2nd, 2011 5:09 pm

Anyone would be more refreshing than Obama.

5. Dexter_Alarius on June 2nd, 2011 5:17 pm

"Am I seriously expected to vote for somebody who once made Ted Kennedy smile like this?"

Well, if he were the embalmer…
    Okay, that was uncalled for! I apologize to anyone I may have offended…

6. SignPainterGuy on June 2nd, 2011 7:01 pm

Just a guess, but the funeral home needed only to change his suit !

7. SignPainterGuy on June 2nd, 2011 7:07 pm

Heard the speech on Rush, didn`t hear ALL the right things, but he said all the things right ! Yep, now it will be time to prove he will repeal Obamascare and return the ultimate gov power to the states. I`ll believe it when I see it !

Sarah is driving the APM (American Pravda Media) crazy and no doubt bugging Mitt`s handlers too by stealing so much thunder. Good stuff !

8. OK_Loyalist on June 2nd, 2011 9:48 pm

Yeah, it is good stuff, what little I have caught over the last week or so.

9. swede on June 2nd, 2011 10:48 pm

"no doubt bugging Mitt`s handlers too by stealing so much thunder. Good stuff ! "

Yup, the entertainment value is worth the admission – but "stealing thunder" implies Mitt has some to steal. When the Mitt hits the fan all I hear is "drip, drip…"

10. SignPainterGuy on June 3rd, 2011 12:36 am

Point well taken. Just carrying on with the theme of the past few days since "Rolling Thunder". Having heard Mitt speak, I shouldn`t have connected thunder or anything else "awe inspiring" to him !