Consider this our open thread for any Weiner news today. Or if the very thought of it is starting to make you ill, feel free to talk about anything else.

Founding Bloggers has a story about somebody who demonstrated how Weiner might not have actually sent the picture (apparently there’s a security flaw in the Twitter/yfrog interaction). Weiner defenders are embracing that as proof he didn’t do it, when in fact it’s just a possible reason he might not have done it — big difference. None of that explains why he wouldn’t know if that’s him in the picture.

If it says anything about Weiner’s personality, his career’s on the line and yet he’s obsessing over how many Twitter followers he has:

And I’ve asked internet security to take a look at my private internet feed. my private twitter feed that has 45,000 followers, more than Michele Bachmann, I want to point that out, I finally passed her.

Well I guess Bachmann had better get a crotch shot out there asap so she can re-take the lead!

MSNBC’s Donny Deutsch said that Weiner should have been “very honest” about the whole thing and… lied.

Michelle Malkin was on Hannity last night and told Weiner to fess up or shut up, and also correctly pointed out that Weiner’s worst enemy in all this is… Weiner.

Notice that Fox News has a “Weinergate” logo too:

Yes, people like Anthony Weiner are in positions of power and actually control the destiny of the United States. Sleep well, America.

Update: The latest developments, if you will, from Founding Bloggers.

Update II: Gee, ya think the stress is getting to Weiner and his staff? Errr, I should say, his staffers

(h/t JWF)

Comments

8 Responses to “Thursday Weiner Roast; Update: Weiner’s Office Calls Cops on Reporter (Video)

1. Obama bin Biden on June 2nd, 2011 12:02 pm

So a major league Dick took a picture of his Weiner.

2. cdl on June 2nd, 2011 12:51 pm

Isn't it weird that Weiner's weiner is in the news at the same time San Francisco is in the news about circumcision?

It's just one "effing" thing after another. ;)

3. Granny55 on June 2nd, 2011 2:51 pm

My sides still hurt from reading the comments over at MM's site!!! After watching Weiner in action a couple time on the floor of the House and on TV interviews this whole Weiner-gate thing is just proof of how the whole "image and prestige" of being someone in Washington can go to your head. He has proven himself to be a complete jackass on many occasion so this comes as no surprise. But the blog comments have been just priceless and sooooooo funny!!! I hope he keeps on talking cause every time he opens his pie hole – the blog comments just get funnier and funnier!!! Keep on yakkin weiner man!!!

4. joyannaadams on June 2nd, 2011 3:27 pm

Michelle was great as always…I just wish she'd run for President.

Weinerbums would be a good name for the 111th Congress. The psychological ramifications of WHY anyone with any kind of public office, would even THINK that his picture would NOT get out into the public, is worth discussion.

Maybe it's simply the name. He's a Weiner. Oscar Meyer should hire him, or maybe Twitter should use him as a mascot. Let's all twitter the Weiner at once.

See if he can handle it.

5. joyannaadams on June 2nd, 2011 3:30 pm

"I wish I was a congressman Anthony Weiner
    That is what I'd truly like to beeeee
    And If I was a congressman Anthony Weiner
    Everyone would be in love with meeeee…."

Sorry. I'm getting ready to eat lunch.

6. Moonlight Swim 2 June 11 | adeliemanchot on June 2nd, 2011 8:41 pm

[...] Moonlight Swim 2 June 11 Posted on June 2, 2011 by Adelie Manchot Quote of the day: “I wish I was a congressman Anthony Weiner That is what I’d truly like to beeeee And If I was a congressman Anthony Weiner Everyone would be in love with meeeee….” –Joyanna Adams [...]

7. SignPainterGuy on June 3rd, 2011 12:53 am

An odd clicking sound, perhaps hard soled shoe heels tapping together, was heard through Weiner`s DC office door today, followed quickly by, "There`s no place like home, there`s no place like home, there`s no place like home !"

8. backwoods on June 3rd, 2011 11:01 am

The way he's been flashing his weiner around I'm not surprised that he ended up with a staff infection.