Years ago, I met Jack Kevorkian. It was “in passing,” but I did shake his hand and speak with him very briefly. He was cordial and so was I, but all I can remember thinking was how creepy it would be to sit in his rusty VW van… even creepier if he was hooking up IVs. “Death with dignity” isn’t what came to mind.

In any case, Kevorkian has died:

Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the central figure in the tumultuous national drama surrounding assisted suicide, died Friday in a Michigan hospital. He was 83 and lived in Bloomfield Hills, Mich.

Keep in mind that Kevorkian’s death was confirmed by lawyer and serial weasel Geoffrey Feiger, which means I will forever remain skeptical of the veracity of the claim.

By acting like he enjoyed it way too much, Kevorkian was his own worst enemy when it came to arguing in favor of “physician assisted suicide.” Look at him here a few years ago with his contraption — he’s beaming like a proud grandfather posing with his newborn grandson or something:

He leaves behind a van, some syringes and the most macabre paintings this side of Rob Zombie’s basement.

Comments

7 Responses to “Jack Kevorkian Dies”

1. Hannibal on June 3rd, 2011 1:47 pm

Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the poster boy for a society that transitioned from "I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul." to "help me, help me, I can not do it on my own."

2. archer52 on June 3rd, 2011 3:03 pm

Creepy? I heard years earlier, he was seen hovering over dying patients, studying them closely. Once he leaned down and stared into the eyes of a dying man to "see" if there was a transition.

The only thing bad about his life was the timing. Had he been born in Germany in the at the turn of the century he would have been an adult and a doctor around the forties, which means the Nazi's would have found a job for him.

Good riddance. He knows now for sure.

3. cdl on June 3rd, 2011 6:01 pm

To be perfectly honest…

I thought the guy was in prison all these years. I had no idea he was out.

4. RoseB on June 3rd, 2011 9:14 pm

That is a very odd photo. I guess he just couldn't contain himself.

5. Mike S. on June 3rd, 2011 10:31 pm

So, was his death "assisted"? Just wonderin'…

6. SignPainterGuy on June 3rd, 2011 11:41 pm

The Lord works in mysterious and wonderful ways !

7. Granny55 on June 4th, 2011 10:18 am

There was a young woman in the same nursing home as my grandma. She was one of his victims. Very sad.