Years ago, I met Jack Kevorkian. It was “in passing,” but I did shake his hand and speak with him very briefly. He was cordial and so was I, but all I can remember thinking was how creepy it would be to sit in his rusty VW van… even creepier if he was hooking up IVs. “Death with dignity” isn’t what came to mind.

In any case, Kevorkian has died:

Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the central figure in the tumultuous national drama surrounding assisted suicide, died Friday in a Michigan hospital. He was 83 and lived in Bloomfield Hills, Mich.

Keep in mind that Kevorkian’s death was confirmed by lawyer and serial weasel Geoffrey Feiger, which means I will forever remain skeptical of the veracity of the claim.

By acting like he enjoyed it way too much, Kevorkian was his own worst enemy when it came to arguing in favor of “physician assisted suicide.” Look at him here a few years ago with his contraption — he’s beaming like a proud grandfather posing with his newborn grandson or something:

He leaves behind a van, some syringes and the most macabre paintings this side of Rob Zombie’s basement.

Comments

11 Responses to “Jack Kevorkian Dies”

1. Hannibal on June 3rd, 2011 1:47 pm

Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the poster boy for a society that transitioned from "I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul." to "help me, help me, I can not do it on my own."

2. archer52 on June 3rd, 2011 3:03 pm

Creepy? I heard years earlier, he was seen hovering over dying patients, studying them closely. Once he leaned down and stared into the eyes of a dying man to "see" if there was a transition.

The only thing bad about his life was the timing. Had he been born in Germany in the at the turn of the century he would have been an adult and a doctor around the forties, which means the Nazi's would have found a job for him.

Good riddance. He knows now for sure.

3. cdl on June 3rd, 2011 6:01 pm

To be perfectly honest…

I thought the guy was in prison all these years. I had no idea he was out.

4. RoseB on June 3rd, 2011 9:14 pm

That is a very odd photo. I guess he just couldn't contain himself.

5. Mike S. on June 3rd, 2011 10:31 pm

So, was his death "assisted"? Just wonderin'…

6. SignPainterGuy on June 3rd, 2011 11:41 pm

The Lord works in mysterious and wonderful ways !

7. Granny55 on June 4th, 2011 10:18 am

There was a young woman in the same nursing home as my grandma. She was one of his victims. Very sad.

8. sanju on September 28th, 2016 4:40 am
  9. John Bishop on January 18th, 2017 8:12 am

I trust Jack Kevorkian had only great aims for his activities, and I bolster those. Be that as it may, he was not really met all requirements to do what he was. On the off chance that Kevorkian had been a doctor experienced in treating in critical condition patients he likely would have become more sensitivity. Be that as it may, Dr. Kevorkian was a pathologist who had next to no vocation encounter working with living patients, which is one of the essential reasons many individuals had issues with him. What's more, his strategies left a great deal to be coveted. For a man who really trusted he was doing great, he surely put forth an admirable attempt to make it look generally assignment writers. He met his "patients" in mystery areas, then recorded their last words and the last demonstration, and afterward benefitted from those demonstrations by doing the syndicated program circuit. In spite of the fact that I really trust a man ought to have the privilege to kick the bucket with respect and request help with doing as such, Kevorkian's approach wasn't precisely one I agreed without.

10. imoforpcs on May 2nd, 2017 11:17 pm