Tim Graham at Newsbusters:

…on her Twitter page on Thursday, Couric tweeted: “I’m curious if anybody thinks this Anthony Weiner Twitter scandal is a legit news story or just fodder for late-night comedians…thoughts?”

Do you think she really wonders why her ratings were so low?

We didn’t have time to find out if Rep. Chris Lee’s shirtless Craigslist photo would have been news to Couric, because the Republican resigned quickly — something Weiner apparently doesn’t have the dignity or party pressure to do. Couric did report Lee’s resignation, however.

How come Couric didn’t ask anybody if this was a “legit news story” before airing it?

(CBS) Suri Cruise, the offspring of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, finally made her public debut Tuesday night when Katie Couric showed pictures of the 4-month-old girl during her first night as anchor of the CBS Evening News With Katie Couric.

But a married member of Congress alleged to have sent a picture of his junk to a female student — either that or had his account hacked (sure) — might not be a legit story?

Anderson Cooper has a question for Katie:

Don’t sweat it, Katie — the question is rhetorical.

(h/t Free Republic)

Comments

14 Responses to “Katie Couric Wonders if the Weiner Saga is a ‘Legit News Story’”

1. OK_Loyalist on June 3rd, 2011 7:29 pm

I believe Anderson Cooper likes any weiner story.

2. SignPainterGuy on June 3rd, 2011 7:53 pm

I don`t believe the liberal / progressive / regressive / lamestream / American Pravda Media……..PERIOD; Katie, Anderson or any of them !! Especially not Weiner !

And personally, I think Mrs. Weiner found out about and got fed up with Antney Weiner`s girl-following and decided to do her version of Twitter-Bobbitting by Tweeting the weiner-pic herself. He told the truth when he said he was "protecting" his wife ! Odd way of "Protecting" her for sure, but that explains him mentioning her ! (original idea brazenly stolen from BrianNY at MM`s place) So there ! I think ! Or sumpem !

3. RoseB on June 3rd, 2011 9:08 pm

It's not too often I agree with anyone that works for CNN, but Anderson nailed it.

4. joyannaadams on June 3rd, 2011 11:48 pm

Hey, where did you get that picture? Is that Katie on dancing with the stars?

5. Jim T. on June 4th, 2011 2:09 am

Explains how he came up with the term "tea-bagger" for the tea party.

6. OK_Loyalist on June 4th, 2011 5:00 am

I'm thinking the gal that is caboose is wearing one of them strapless strap-ons :D

7. Granny55 on June 4th, 2011 12:24 pm

Who is Katie Couric?

8. Fuzzlenutter on June 4th, 2011 3:30 pm

Katie Couric is a what I would call an illegitimate human being…

9. Marshall_Will on June 4th, 2011 4:04 pm

Isn't there some LAW about showing your privates to women unsolicited..? Didn't a similar incident drive Jim Morrison of The Doors into becoming a recluse and fugitive from Justice..?

Hope you'll understand if the lack of a crack legal team at my disposal like the good Representative has if I error on the side of caution..? Loved Rush's comments on Greta that any male that somehow thinks this is in any way "enticing" to women is truly off their Vi@gra-induced rocker?

In this economy, where people are working two part-time jobs and are doing virtually -everything- themselves from gutter cleaning to grooming their pets in DYI fashion, we have a Rep. that somehow finds the time circulate this BS..? What says Lifestyles of the Idle Rich quite like that?

10. Marshall_Will on June 4th, 2011 4:15 pm

One of my hunches from the very start of Wankergate. Either Lil' Anthony "self-stimulated" himself ( we have LADIES here damn it! ) or he's in the regular practice of eating enough male-enhancement drugs to render a slithering PYTHON completely -rigid- from from tail to the tippy tip of its forked tongue!

Either way.., Anthony Wanker. Ahem, when it comes to playing the victim, who does it better than Prog-infested Dem's? Anthony.., as anyone who's name ends in "off" can tell you, I've been called every name but the one my father GAVE me!

Just ask Mrs. Malkin about the endless juvenile cr@p she's had to put up with all these years from the self-appointed "peer" Olberman over her maiden name. Sorry bud-row, NONE of us picks our last name! And unless it's Smith or Jones, we all take CR@P about it.

You say you've taken guff over this since you were 5? Should we even be disappointed you haven't gotten over it 'yet'? RESIGN you flake!

11. SignPainterGuy on June 4th, 2011 8:01 pm

Ha ha, LOL ! I wish dems would settle in on one of their double / triple / multi standards and give this guy the heave-ho ! It`s obvious he ain`t got what it takes to do it himself. I know, I`m asking way too much !

12. SignPainterGuy on June 4th, 2011 8:04 pm

I stole the theory from (I think) BrianNY at MM`s place; Mrs. Weiner got fed up with hubby`s woman-following, posted the "private pic" herself and sent it "publically" to what`s-her-name ….. Makes sense and fits well with all the "non"-answers he`s given so far !

13. Ken in Texas on June 5th, 2011 12:45 am

Listen up, y'all: Can a Vienna sausage legitimitaly be called a weiner? I didn't think so, either.

14. Daily Dive 5 June 11 | adeliemanchot on June 5th, 2011 4:48 am

[...] Katie Couric Wonders if the Weiner Saga is a ‘Legit News Story’ Anderson Cooper has a question for Katie: [...]