President Obama’s going golfing. Is it Memorial Day again already? No… but this time Obama will be playing a round with the House Speaker.

No matter what agreements, if any, are reached on the golf course between Obama and Boehner, the big winner will undoubtedly be the cigarette vendor:

President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) will finally hit the links for a round of golf – and al fresco negotiation – on June 18, a White House official told POLITICO.

Obama’s offer — and Boehner’s acceptance — came six months after White House press secretary Robert Gibbs suggested the two could work out their differences on the course.

If they can work out their differences on the golf course, that will mean they’re not nearly as far apart as I’d have hoped.

Boehner’s probably at home studying film of Obama golfing because he wants to win so badly, but I don’t think he has much to worry about:

Comments

16 Responses to “Obama and Boehner to Have a ‘Golf Summit’”

1. Joe Redfield on June 4th, 2011 12:59 pm

I won't make the obvious comment about the President's swing for fear of insulting half of the population. The only way I can see any good coming from this is if Boehner accidentally skulls the Prez with an errant tee shot.

2. swede on June 4th, 2011 2:18 pm

"I won't make the obvious comment about the President's swing for fear of insulting half of the population."

Then I will. Whatta WTF whimpy goofy girly sissy swing. Sheesh. A hunchback, head up, knees locked, elbow out, no follow through hack attack shank shot. Pretty much like his foreign policy.

3. Marshall_Will on June 4th, 2011 2:34 pm

Talk about rabbit ears. Judging by the way he LIFTS his head out of every SHOT I'd say it's as if his every critic in the world ( 'of' which there are legion ) is somewhere in that 6" in between his ears..!

The Powerettes require no further explanation, they know a cr@ppy "golfer" when they SEE one. Just think how much cheaper it would've been for the American TAXPAYER had we laid this Bozo ( confirmed… Bozo btw ) off and applied Porkulus $'s directly toward golf lessons..?

Just the guy we need lecturing US about "talking your eye off the ball". With Anthony ( Check 'this' baby out! ) Weiner as his tour caddy, there's no stopping them! ( Spend quite a bit of time in the 'rough' are…n't you fellas? )

4. SignPainterGuy on June 4th, 2011 3:14 pm

He he….I made myself watch the vid, got disgusted, was goona stop it, it was done. Thank God for small miracles !

Just think of the divits he`d scoop without that lift at the end of his swing ! At least the grounds keepers are earning their keep.

5. cdl on June 4th, 2011 3:54 pm

Golf is just another reason to drink beer. Who cares how well you play?

Although I must say, Ubama can laugh at himself and us. Remember, he gets to play golf on our dime.

I hope Boehner doesn't get sunburned. Oh wait, nevermind.

6. AnnieOakley on June 4th, 2011 4:48 pm

Boehner is a serious golfer and will be able to see 0bama's character on the golf course- not a good thing for 0bama. I have no doubt that, like Clinton, 0bama asks for lots of mulligans, gimmes, and takes hand-mashies when no one is looking except the Secret Service. Any Republican (or citizen for that matter), who thinks that Obama is honorable or EVER keeps his word, is an idiot and deserves to lose his/her next election. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me TWICE, shame on ME!"

7. Mairzydoats on June 4th, 2011 8:03 pm

Well, as a woman, while I appreciate Doug's not wanting to offend half the population, I think he shouldn't worry about it. As the mother of a daughter who was a power hitter when she played little league, and as a female, who grew up girly, girly, never climbed trees or climbed fences, I was alternately proud as punch and shocked. She actually taught me how to pitch and hit a ball. Just say it, Obama swings/hits like a girl. He can't pitch a ball to save his life either.

8. SignPainterGuy on June 4th, 2011 8:10 pm

As far as I can tell, the ONLY thing Urkel IS good at…….. is lying straight-faced !

9. SignPainterGuy on June 4th, 2011 8:13 pm

Doug, my reply to swede has vanished. Can you see if you can find it? It`s in my ID comments log, so I know I did click "submit comment". Thanks a ton !

10. Doug on June 4th, 2011 8:43 pm

Checking….

Okay, there's nothing in moderate or in SPAM. I'll wait a few and just see if things got delayed. When that happens I'm not a fan of Intense Debate.

11. SignPainterGuy on June 4th, 2011 9:29 pm

I posted it just past noon, so at this point I`ll credit the "comment gremlins" and maybe re-post ! Thanks Doug !

12. Daily Dive 5 June 11 | adeliemanchot on June 5th, 2011 3:30 am

[...] Obama and Boehner to Have a ‘Golf Summit’ [...]

13. Marshall_Will on June 5th, 2011 1:46 pm

cdl,

Right, and the cr@ppier he plays, the more cruel the joke on US.

( Don't you think after this long in office he'd be improving at 'something'? ) At this point, I'd be tickled to see ONE (1) aspect of His pResidency showing signs of getting w/ the program.

And we can and CAN'T just say "the economy". There's so many aspects He's completely neglected. Jobs, Financial Reform, Regulatory Reform ( jobbbbs? ) Foreclosures, etc. We can't even figure out where 2/3rds of the Porkulus $'s went? How big of a 'surprise' is it He sucks at golf too?

14. Speed 3: Chasing Palin « ivorylambert923 on June 5th, 2011 2:29 pm

[...] » Obama and Boehner to Have a ?Golf Summit? [...]

15. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2011 2:21 pm

I vote "Yes" as long as we can go all the way back to before the `08 primary so we can have a real conservative / not a nose-holder candidate for prez !

16. Dexter_Alarius on June 6th, 2011 2:53 pm

Oh, yes. Take a drop at the point of entry into the hazard.