One of the administration’s advisors on immigration is Eva Longoria, so domestically we’re being guided by only the best & brightest Hollywood has to offer. And globally we’re in good hands too, because actor and Buddhist Richard Gere is being consulted with on Asian policy — specifically human rights and religious freedom. Now if we can only get Will Ferrell to handle budget negotiations the country might get back on the right track.

In any case, Gere said that President Obama will go down as one of America’s “great presidents” — but he couldn’t look into the camera when he said it. Considering a 9.1 unemployment rate, $4.20 a gallon gas, the fact that most Bush policies are still in place and that “Dalai Lama/garbage exit” thing, it isn’t hard to understand why. Gere also said that in dealing with human rights in China you have to be “clear, unconfused and strong” — three things that don’t describe Obama. But still, the “greatest presidents” label somehow still fits:

And I got through this entire post without making a gerbil joke. Whew! They said it couldn’t be done.

Comments

16 Responses to “Richard Gere: Obama One of Our Great Presidents”

1. Joe Redfield on June 5th, 2011 1:29 pm

I remember back in the 80's when Sally Field was Secretary of Agriculture.

2. SignPainterGuy on June 5th, 2011 3:09 pm

It is my hope that we live long enough to change things to the point that we can look back and appreciate the entertainment value of the input of Hollywood`s representatives. (couldn`t say "finest")

3. backwoods on June 5th, 2011 3:34 pm

You can fool all of the people some of the time, and the Hollywood liberals all of the time.

4. SignPainterGuy on June 5th, 2011 4:49 pm

Hollywood actor : "I`m not really a smart person, but I played one on TV !"

5. Marshall_Will on June 5th, 2011 4:51 pm

AFAIK RG hasn't had a hit movie since Pretty Woman? Can't really consider him an expert when it comes to 'momentum'? Notice how like Doug I've left the whole gerbil insertion matter for the less mature.

6. Granny55 on June 5th, 2011 4:51 pm

Last I heard Howllywood was concerned about lacksidasical attendance and sales figures. Gee…….wonder why??? And who is Richard Gere?

7. Jimbo on June 5th, 2011 8:27 pm

Very "frontal?" What the hell is that? Not something Richard Rere has any knowledge of, I'm sure. Is he an animal activist as well? Or just active with animals?

8. swede on June 5th, 2011 8:57 pm

Richard who?

9. joyannaadams on June 5th, 2011 9:19 pm

Cindy Crawford made a wise decision in getting away from Richard.

And why did he keep playing with his shoes? And WHY do we care what he thinks? Maybe he should do a movie with Arnold. I also think he knows Obama is doing terrible. He was trying very hard to stick up for his "friend." I'm sure they eat hot dogs together and chant, in the nicest places.

A lot of the old actors turn to politics, when their youthful looks leave them, because they can't find as many jobs, and they have very big bills to pay.

Too bad they can't all be like Ronald Reagan.

10. RoseB on June 5th, 2011 9:38 pm

I guess he has to say that or he won't get work. How pathetic they are.

11. Daily Dive 6 June 11 | adeliemanchot on June 6th, 2011 10:25 am

[...] Richard Gere: Obama One of Our Great Presidents [...]

12. Dexter_Alarius on June 6th, 2011 11:44 am

If he meant "grate presidents", I would have to agree. This president grates on me to no end!

13. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2011 12:11 pm

Granny,

They can't get out of Green-screen mode. Big budget 'productions' done w/ very little 'acting' and whole lot of computer-aided 'action'. There's just no call for old guys that aren't acrobatic at the end of a wire?

I miss the movies of the 70's. Gritty, one-take stuff. Even younger viewers are rediscovering them and there's enough pulp there to last a lifetime without ever having to make (1) more "new release". Precisely what 'Howllyood' fears most!

Didn't Rere give a ridiculous address right after 9/11 calling for 'compassion'? Go back to playing American Geriatric Gigolo.

14. Granny55 on June 6th, 2011 1:33 pm

Got that right!!!

15. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2011 2:11 pm

Ha ha ! DITTO !

16. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2011 11:09 pm

Without thinking hard at all I have 3 for the "WORST" list !