It’s only a matter of time now… isn’t it? Weiner might not resign, but it’s hard to believe he’s not being talked to by the Dem leadership. Or maybe not.

I’ve noticed that the mainstream news outlets are reporting the story now, but not as directly as they would if we were talking about a Republican (who would be gone by now). Take this CBS headline: Conservative website posts private pictures of Anthony Weiner

The spin is set: Andrew Breitbart caused all this trouble because he invaded somebody’s privacy.

Here’s the latest picture that Weiner allegedly sent to a woman… did Weiner learn nothing from Chris Lee? Apparently not

More at Big Government, provided you have a strong stomach. Jeez, how stupid is this guy? But in fairness to Weiner, as Daniel Foster at NRO just wrote, we’ll have to wait until Weiner can say with certitude that those are in fact his pecs.

I’m particularly disturbed by this picture that looks like it was taken from his “Weiner-cam”:

As Michelle says: Ick.

If he does resign (after the above pic came out, put me down for 11 p.m. Tuesday night), I say we give him a chance for one more epic House floor meltdown so America can see a fully engorged Weiner in all his politically suicidal glory:

Update: Another website has Weiner material. Sounds like he was obsessed with himself, which is hardly surprising.

Update II: Weiner has called a 4pm press conference. Maybe he’ll say he’s taking a little time off to get spiritual guidance from the sage clergyman who officiated his wedding.

Update III: Live link to the presser here. Breitbart’s there too — GOLD! He’s actually at the podium where Weiner’s expected to… not resign.

Update IV: “I am not resigning.”

Okay, Andrew, keep crankin’ out the photos!

Update V: Weiner should have done something like this guy did and offered a pre-emptive apology for any further Breitbart bombshells:

*****

Update VI: Pelosi calls for an ethics investigation. She just wants official confirmation that Weiner’s unethical enough to remain a prominent Democrat.

Comments

21 Responses to “Weiner Resignation Watch & Over/Under Pool; Update: ‘I Am Not Resigning’

1. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2011 3:58 pm

"I’m particularly disturbed by this picture that looks like it was taking from his “Weiner-cam”:

Ewwww! Obviously the very 'effect' he was shooting for on his intended recipients. Sorry but this guy has become nothing more than just another p0rn-obsessed freak. Before the weekend I was thinking his chances of weathering this was 50/50.

Even if Pelousi remained Speaker this would've been difficult. Now.., forget it.

2. Joe Redfield on June 6th, 2011 4:01 pm

I guess I'm out; I already predicted last Friday. However – better late than never.

3. Jimbo on June 6th, 2011 4:16 pm

Why is he squinting so angrily? Is something down there too small to see?

4. backwoods on June 6th, 2011 4:24 pm

How stupid is he? The measure of his stupidity starts with being a Democrat and goes downhill from there. When you're able to embarass a party that endorses socialism and runaway government spending, and believes in AGW and that Obama is some kind of genius you've really gone downhill.

5. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2011 4:43 pm

"on the good ship "Monkey Business"

I thought Hart was the perfect parallel for this debacle. There was another guy that couldn't walk passed a mirror without stopping to admire himself! ( And what's w/ the shaved CHEST Anthony!? )

So he has all the time in the world to Tweet, pump iron and hot wax but NOW he wants to "talk about the issues"? Sure AW. Incredibly I saw an interview w/ Hart a few years after the "Donna Rice Incident" and… his appearance had gone totally downhill.

Nothing like getting blown out of the water as a front-runner to take the enthusiasm for crunches and Just For Men right out of you huh Gary?

6. Dexter_Alarius on June 6th, 2011 4:52 pm

I would have guessed Friday, the normal story-dump day, but you may be right, Doug. This is getting so bad, yanking that bandaid off quick might be the only way to get this behind him as soon as possible.

7. backwoods on June 6th, 2011 5:39 pm

"I'd like to begin this press conference with a slideshow of my best photos."

8. Doug on June 6th, 2011 5:57 pm

I hope that Breitbart does the mother of all photo dumps at about five minutes to four!

9. backwoods on June 6th, 2011 6:46 pm

I'd say this just means he's not resigning yet. The pressure on him to go away is only going to get worse.

10. TheZooKeeper on June 6th, 2011 7:29 pm

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground. Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground."

11. zillaoftheresistance on June 6th, 2011 7:59 pm

He's so freaking disgusting. I wanna throw up. I hate him because it's no longer safe to go to facebook, twitter, the blogosphere or turn on a TV or open a newspaper without seeing disgusting images of him or his various parts, listen to him lie or witness the lurid details of his perversions. If the GOP weren't so gutless, they'd force him out of office. I want him to go away. I can't even bring a newspaper in my house anymore because I don't want my kids seeing the smut on the cover every single freaking day because of that lecherous jackass.

12. Granny55 on June 6th, 2011 8:00 pm

I knew he wouldn't resign – he is too egotistical. He thinks he is above it all and an apology will suffice. Sadly his constituents will agree and vote him back in. Sadly his wife will go on as if nothing happened and remain Mrs. Humma Weiner. Sadly no one from the media will dog him after today's presser.

13. VaGal on June 6th, 2011 8:24 pm

Typical Dem—ethics for thee, but not for me. Perhaps Breitbart will be able to put a final nail in the coffin of Weiner's career. Although, in some lefty circles, this type of thing is seen as a career enhancer.

14. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2011 9:03 pm

Just up at Breitbart : "Pelosi calls for ethics probe !"

It is getting interesting now ! Will this be a probe / non-probe as usual finding "nothing to see here !"…..or will this being campaign season be enough for her to use this opportunity to "appear" to clean things up a bit and actually get rid of a Huge embarrassment ?

Ok, I was wrong about Weiner`s wife tweeting his weener, he admitted doing it himself……AFTER experts showed it was indeed next to impossible for anyone else to have done it ! I`m goin` out on a limb here and say that he will resign / be forced to resign Tue. night at the latest !

15. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2011 9:05 pm

Simul and taneously disappointing and fascinating, ain`t it !?

16. Marshall_Will on June 6th, 2011 10:27 pm

"AFTER experts showed it was indeed next to impossible for anyone else to have done it !"

Seriously!? I would have assumed any Weiner-cam angle one could shoot themselves could more easily been replicated or even improved by someone else? Have 'experts' taken a gander at clownboy's handiwork?

Good to see Zilla has totally mellowed out huh? To be honest, there's a website that specializes in embarrassing online behavior called "The Dirty". Actually it was originally called "Dirty Scottsdale" but Nik Ritchie, the guy that started it on whim found there were plenty of Weiners from coast to coast. He got a franchise deal w/ a sweet buyout!

17. SignPainterGuy on June 6th, 2011 11:00 pm

OK, maybe "next to impossible" was a bit much, but it was shown to have come from his own account. Nobody hacked it. And now we have his admission. Twirp !

"Zilla has mellowed out…" Ha ha; a "marsh" should be so mellow ! Bless her heart !

18. Hyperfobea on June 7th, 2011 10:06 am

Weiner believes that Weiner is physically flawless, hence is happy to flaunt it with little or no prompting. In truth, he looks like a plucked ostrich.

19. Marshall_Will on June 7th, 2011 11:06 am

"In truth, he looks like a plucked ostrich"

Always been reluctant to criticize people's appearance. Then again, most of us act civil while in public. And yes, the -Internet- ( as Rep. Weiner recently learned ) is a VERY public place!

There are plenty of ways to express one's vanity without indulging into the downward spiral of p0rnography. Why not some shots of you playing TENNIS Anthony? But that wasn't where he was going and it isn't what he wanted to 'share'.

I'll never be able to picture him again without visualizing him being chased by a boomerang! Lol, Anthony ( The Ostrich ) Weiner.

20. cdl on June 7th, 2011 11:24 am

Separated at birth…our favorite Weiner and Eddie Deezen (Eugene Felnic from the movie Grease)

21. zillaoftheresistance on June 7th, 2011 12:37 pm

I'll mellow out when I'm dead. Until then, not a freaking chance.