Hopefully everybody had a nice Independence Day weekend! I still have all my fingers in spite of some fairly massive fireworks that we set off here at the compound, so I’ve got that goin’ for me.

Yesterday Rush Limbaugh was in Joplin, Missouri and gave a rousing speech to a huge crowd in the town devastated by tornadoes not long ago:

Below is a clip from the speech. Not political — just the kind of a testimony to the greatness of America that I’d normally say the left hates to hear, but I won’t say that because of the non-political nature of the occasion.

The video was shot from far back but the audio is good:

HAP has more pics here.

Comments

8 Responses to “Rush to Joplin”

1. Obama bin Biden on July 5th, 2011 1:25 pm

Where is Rush's telepromter? Oh wait, he believes in what he's saying.

2. Marshall_Will on July 5th, 2011 1:53 pm

Rush realizes, like so many of our wonderful Conservatives, Flyover Country ( and most importantly, its PEOPLE ) still matter!

The Left has either taken them for granted or written them off? Either way, Vote Prog or get left behind! Vote Prog or no goodies for YOU! Vote Prog or… we'll continue to offshore your mfr. jobs ( oh wait we already DID that, all the while hanging it on the GOP! )

Oh well, Vote Prog or we'll take away the remaining PUBLIC sector jobs and cut off the military your sons SERVE in! We're shuttin' down the DOD man!? There. Your choice, carrot or STICK. It's the Prog way.

3. SignPainterGuy on July 5th, 2011 3:27 pm

Rush showed up, inspired them with words of encouragement and and a truck load of his refreshing new 2 flavors of "2 If By Tea", icy cold. More than Teh Won has done ! And Rush didn`t demand their vote for a drink ! It was FREE !!

4. backwoods on July 5th, 2011 8:07 pm

That speech gave me a rush.

5. joyannaadams on July 5th, 2011 9:29 pm

Yeah, that dirty, selfish, muti-millionaire Rush, was talking all that old founders BS and then someone posted it on the internet…and

DIDN"T WE ALL JUST LOVE IT!!!

Eat your heart, MSNBC. The middle of the country (or the patriots on the coasts) are NOT going to give up our freedoms to the liberals, much longer.

Rush gave a "from the heart" speech. What's so great, is that he does this every single day, not just on the 4th…

And backwoods is right: it WAS a "rush."

6. Marshall_Will on July 5th, 2011 11:15 pm

"What's so great, is that he does this every single day, not just on the 4th…"

Ain't it the truth! Joyanna, I've lived on the West Coast ( and the Orient ) pretty much my entire adulthood. Yet… I've never become an Oregonian or ( God forbid ) a Clownifornian.

I'm more convinced than ever it's the work ethic and common sense values of MW's that will be our salvation. Good friend just retired. Like myself, he grew up in Chicago and lived in Oregon which transitioned from a hardcore Conservative stronghold to lib/prog SWAMP over his 35 years here.

Within weeks of putting in his papers, he's off to TEXAS! Isn't even -waiting- for his home to sell. Told the realtor, sell if for what you can, send me a check. Gone. Done w/ it. Oh and took some friends w/ him.

7. dmitry on December 1st, 2012 12:38 pm

Great remarkable issues here. Im very glad to look your post. Thanks a lot and i am looking ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

8. go here on April 8th, 2013 7:35 am

Independence day is celebrated in all the countries with great happiness and joy. It is marked as a great day in the history of every country. People celebrate it with fireworks and fun all around. Being independent is the sole dream of any living creature.