The Washington Post’s Jonathan Capehart said the following about the above cover of this week’s issue of Newsweek:

She can’t possibly be taken seriously as a presidential contender dressed like that, especially since this is the second time she has graced Newsweek in a less-than-presidential pose.

The first time Palin was on the cover, Newsweek swiped the photo from Runner’s World — so Palin didn’t pose for that photo, they just took it from another source.

But I’m willing to bet that Capehart didn’t say the following people “can’t possibly be taken seriously as a presidential contender dressed like that”:

Granted, Dukakis wasn’t taken seriously… I just felt like throwing that one in there.

What’s laughable about the treatment of Sarah Palin is that the left is constantly preaching for people to “get active” and “let’s move!” But show Sarah Palin participating in an active and sincere outdoor lifestyle and she looks “unpresidential.” Go figure.

Comments

12 Responses to “WaPo Columnist: Sarah Palin Can’t Possibly Be Considered a Serious Presidential Contender Dressed Like That

1. Marshall_Will on July 11th, 2011 6:34 pm

Haven't read Newsweek since.., I can't remember?

And if Capehart is ref. Turbo Timmy as 'resource' on what is/isn't lunacy on the Debt Ceiling he obviously isn't tuned in to what is really going ON out there! He's been discredited on every front, and last I heard, he's joining Foolsbee.

Not even a decent hit-piece.

2. backwoods on July 11th, 2011 6:56 pm

She looks pretty damn good to me.

3. Marshall_Will on July 11th, 2011 7:56 pm

Doug's sidebar:

First lady Michelle Obama ordered a whopper of a meal at the newlyopened Washington diner Shake Shack during lunch on Monday.

A Washington Post journalist on the scene confirmed the first lady, who's made a cause out of child nutrition, ordered a ShackBurger, fries, chocolate shake and a Diet Coke while the street and sidewalk in front of the usually-packed Shake Shack were closed by security during her visit.

According to nutritional information on Shake Shack's Web site, the meal amounted to 1,556 calories. ( Dude, I don't get that many calories for the DAY! ) Looks delish though, hope they're doing bang up biz!

4. Granny55 on July 11th, 2011 8:28 pm

Elmer Fudd is fit to run as far as I am concerned and I would bet he could beat Dick Obama. Why is the MSM so AFRAID of Sarah? Hmmmmmmmm……….. I hope she does just so I can watch their heads explode.

5. SignPainterGuy on July 11th, 2011 8:51 pm

Can`t remember the last time I touched a NEWSWEEK. It must have been when I slid it out of the way to get to a FIELD and STREAM or PARENTING on a waiting room table.

"1556 calories" ? One meal ? From the "get fit" and "eat right" FLOTUS ? Your name is HYPOCRITE !! And personally, I like peas, even raw from the vine while standing w/ my toes in the garden dirt ! MMMMmmmMMM !

The left hates and fears Sarah Palin because she has it all ! She`s gorgeous, intelligent, down to earth, happily married, mother of 5 incl. a son who the left would never have allowed to be born, successful and more and got it all without help from giverment hand-outs or womens lib bs ! She flies in the face of all their lies and hypocracy !

6. Hyperfobea on July 12th, 2011 9:30 am

She *can* win. And I'd take her any day over the RINO likes of Romney and his ilk. The pinkos are intimidated by her. If they weren't, they would not give her the attention they do. However negative that attention, have you noticed the bulk of it is ad hominem? When you don't have an argument …. make it personal.

7. Fuzzlenutter on July 12th, 2011 11:18 am

That pic of John "I Served in Vietnam!" Kerry still makes me laugh to this day…

8. Doug on July 12th, 2011 11:21 am

I also like the one where somebody included the bunny ears:

9. Marshall_Will on July 12th, 2011 12:07 pm

SPG,

Yeah, and every TIME you see it in the lobby ( you find yourself somewhat amazed it's still out there in print! ) AFAIK, the waiting rooms are the only place it still exists?

When I need to drop weight, I'm around 1,000 cal's a day. Seems PT and that dreaded waist measurement taping is always just around the corner. Oh and for all the taxpayers out there, we're no longer using the buddy system when it comes to that!

You can suck it in all you want but trust me they'll take the avg. of (3) and it's invariably the place you'd LEAST want to be measured!

10. SignPainterGuy on July 12th, 2011 1:07 pm

Bunny ears for the Vietnam War veteran and somebody`s Purple Heart medal-tosser and property tax cheat – perfect !

11. cdl on July 12th, 2011 1:40 pm

Everytime I see that pic of Ubama on his bike I think someday I too can be president.

12. Jimbo on July 12th, 2011 5:11 pm

He's Dumb and Dumber rolled into one, spectacular idiot.

Eat your peas! Kiss my ass!