The left’s entire hand on the debt ceiling revolves around panic. Turbo Tax Tim Geithner said that August 2nd is the date that, if the debt ceiling isn’t raised, fiscal armageddon begins. President Obama said government checks may not go out if the debt ceiling isn’t raised. Harry Reid said failure to raise the debt ceiling would be a financial disaster resulting in a global depression. Pretty scary stuff.

Obama seems really worried about it, too:

WASHINGTON–President Obama returns to Chicago on Aug. 3 to mark his 50th birthday with fund-raisers at the Aragon Ballroom, with tickets ranging from $50 a person to $35,800 per couple, which includes VIP seating at a “Birthday Concert” where celebs will be performing and a dinner with the president.

The fundraiser at the Aragon, the historic ballroom in Uptown, will be one of the biggest third quarter events, expected to draw in national supporters. Obama’s 50th birthday is Aug. 4.

Obama expecting people to freak out about what happens on August 3rd but still hosting a high-dollar fundraiser/birthday party on that day reminds me of Al Gore flying around in private jets saying carbon emissions are killing us. If you want people to believe it, act like you believe it yourself.

Good news though — Obama’s birthday party will be televised so those unable to attend won’t feel left out.

Comments

19 Responses to “If Debt Ceiling Not Raised by August 3rd, the World Will End — That or Obama Will Have a $35,800 Per Couple Birthday Party”

1. Granny55 on July 14th, 2011 5:54 pm

I think it is disgusting what they charge for a fund raiser – I don't care what letter is behind the name. Especially with unemployment at a real time 16%.

2. backwoods on July 14th, 2011 7:26 pm

Is he going to invite some of the workers from the Chrysler plant to party with him?

3. Marshall_Will on July 14th, 2011 7:57 pm

"a “Birthday Concert” where celebs will be performing"

Rumored to be on the bill, The Princes of Panic! Timmy's Torment, Heli-Ben and The Money Factory and Lady Liberty gone,gone.

Wild times people. I hear the Sweaty Nipples will be there too!

My life is ruined. Ruined I tell you. So many of my happiest memories were from the Aragon Ballroom. My father's too. ( Where he met mom ) All down the tubes 'now' I'm afraid. And why not just make it an even $36k? How many of you are in your 50's and still having b'day parties?

In this economy, we're lucky if we can afford birthdays for the kids.

4. Granny55 on July 14th, 2011 8:34 pm

5. Granny55 on July 14th, 2011 8:35 pm

You forgot the group "Screw The Jews".

6. Granny55 on July 14th, 2011 8:38 pm

I think the auto workers offered to be the car valets. Seems they will be "available" for the gig.

7. SignPainterGuy on July 14th, 2011 9:37 pm

Great posts all !

8. OK_Loyalist on July 14th, 2011 11:03 pm

The second time I saw (and meet at hotel) The Talking Heads 7:30 PM Sun Oct 26, 1980 at The Aragon…. Remain In Light tour

9. Marshall_Will on July 15th, 2011 12:50 am

OK,

I saw The Blue Oyster Cult there more times than I can remember? Literally. When I told the old man about the PLASTER falling out of the ceiling he was bummed.

In the 40's it was the height of fashion. I believe the longest bar in Chicago in its day. Saw REO Speedwagon, Bob Seeger, Jimmy Buffet, you name it. Can't say as I got to meet any of them though!

10. Marshall_Will on July 15th, 2011 12:50 am

My bad!

11. OK_Loyalist on July 15th, 2011 1:17 am

1st major concert I ever saw was BOC in '75 back up band was Styx II tour (Lady) in Cedar Rapids, IA at the Veterans Coliseum

12. Marshall_Will on July 15th, 2011 1:28 am

I'd heard that was a great venue. Lots of kids from IL went to Iowa schools and when compared to Champaign-Urbana ( middle of corn field ) the spoke of it highly and often!

I used to love seeing shows at Comiskey Park. Unlike Teh one ( I've been there for more than just to girlie toss out the first pitch? )

Saw Aerosmith, terrible live back in the mid-70's. Guitar Heros for me, saw Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush and Pat Travers there several times. Just blew Steven Tyler right out of the water.

Dreadful venue. Built in like 1910, there were beams every 8'. EVERY view was an obstructed one. That or fry unshaded. 3/4ths of a mile to find a working restroom. Foul-mouthed Italian girls OTA. God I miss them! And their halter tops.

13. OK_Loyalist on July 15th, 2011 1:38 am

Went and visited some Chi gals and went to "A Day in The Park", like 1 week after they blew up the disco LP's.

14. SignPainterGuy on July 15th, 2011 2:30 am

My first concert was at the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium in Asheville, 1960 ish. Some country singer, don`t remember who or why my parents wanted to go because they really weren`t country music fans. The only thing I remember clearly about it was one joke the star told.

His wife asked him what he wanted for his birthday. After thinking about it and not getting any real ideas, he said,"Oh, just get me something to wear and something to play with." She bought him a pair of pants and cut the pockets out…….

The second (Ish) was Dr Hook and the Medicine Show. They made a guest appearance at the mall where they were also having a custom car show. They played a few songs and then mingled in the crowd. The Dr caught me looking at his eye patch and asked, "What do ya think of this ?" as he flipped it up, exposing a glass eye with the American Flag on it. All I could say was "Wow !" He said he had a BUNCH of `em, even some with jewels embedded, but they scratched his eyelid.

That`s right, nuthin` but "class acts" fer me ! Yyyepp !

15. Marshall_Will on July 15th, 2011 11:07 am

One of my great disappointments in life.

3rd gen. White Sox fan. Regular at Comiskey. Steve Dahl listener. Disco HATER.

( Yet somehow managed to MISS the mayhem at Disco Demolition? ) They still talk about it on Chicago FM rock radio like it was like it was Paul Revere's Ride. I'm verklempt!

16. backwoods on July 15th, 2011 11:23 am

My high school sweetheart was a big Olivia Newton-John fan. When she got tickets to see her in concert in Asheville I drove her up to see it. I didn't know until he came on the stage that Jim Stafford was the opening act. Made my day! This was in 1977.

17. SignPainterGuy on July 15th, 2011 1:35 pm

Mr "Spiders and Snakes" was a comic relief around then ! What happened to him ?

A friend of mine was good friends w/ Hank Williams Jr`s product merchandiser / truck driver. We wound up w/ all access passes for his concert in A`vl Civic Ctr. Even w/ dbl. cotton balls in our ears it was too dang loud (if it ain`t gun, tool or machine oriented, I hate loud noise) ! Afterwards, we made our way through the restrooms and on to the car. Jim Beam whiskies was Hank Jr`s sponsor; there were EVERY SIZE BOTTLES on EVERY flat surface avail. and fans (pickled and pukin`) were stumbling ……I did not escape unscathed. I loved my swede cowboy boots ! Dangit !

18. Michelle Malkin » Boehner Ends Talks With Obama on July 23rd, 2011 2:12 am

[...] is the story from CBS… we’ll have more on this over the weekend. Will Obama’s birthday coincide with “default Armageddon”? We’ll [...]

19. Boehner Ends Talks With Obama | Conservatives for America on July 23rd, 2011 2:31 am