This kind of thing was exposed last year, and the UAW and Chrysler were so incensed that… it’s still going on:

MyFoxDETROIT.com

They really make you happy your money was spent bailing them out, don’t they?

Last month the Chrysler CEO said that whoever opposed the auto bailout must be “smoking illegal material.” No… just paying for it.

Comments

23 Responses to “Your Bailout Dollars (Getting Drunk and High) at Work”

1. cdl on July 14th, 2011 12:34 pm

Great.

I drive a Dodge.

It's always swerved a little to the left anyway and now I know why.

I'd thought it was due to the fact that it was union made.

Maybe it's both.

2. Doug on July 14th, 2011 12:48 pm

At least now you know why it always tries to follow the Frito-Lay truck.

3. Granny55 on July 14th, 2011 1:04 pm

While I appreciate that they ran the story – notice how after the segment the news readers make their class envy known by wanting to go after the "Big Fish" and also announcing they are not picking on unions because they belong to unions too.

I got news for ya – 99% of ALL people working go to work every day to do their jobs. They wait until after work hours to imbibe, that includes the little fish and the big fish. Shesh I get so frustrated by the lame media always trying to make excuses. Just report the damn story and then STFU!

4. Granny55 on July 14th, 2011 1:06 pm

My Dodge Dakota also leans to the left – even after balancing the tires!!!

5. SignPainterGuy on July 14th, 2011 1:19 pm

Dang granny, there you go spouting your common sense again. You`re such a hater ! ;-)

6. Granny55 on July 14th, 2011 1:50 pm

Speaking of unions – get this one: Dick Obama's NLRB is now prosecuting dead people for not negotiating with a union!!! Priceless!!!

7. Granny55 on July 14th, 2011 1:52 pm

And a racist too! Some of the guys in that news sting were black and one of the news readers was black too! Having common sense is raaaaacccciiiissssttt!

8. Marshall_Will on July 14th, 2011 1:55 pm

I don't know. This isn't the first time we've heard these stories, they date back to the 70's. It just looked staged to me? As Conservatives, we're kind of in the dark when it comes to pot smokers. Can't say what they look like when they're "toking" but 'paranoid' is the term I've heard employed most.

These guys didn't even give a RIP! They weren't "shoulder checking" for cops ( their uh… 'boss'? ) anyone! Is pot LEGAL in Michigan?

Be they Conservatives, news org's or just "Anti-Bailoutists" isn't it possible they've infiltrated UAW, FOUND guys that were getting the axe 'anyway' and got them to agree to be filmed "on camera"?

Those guys weren't, ahem "imbibing". They were PERFORMING! Not proud but I've done my share of parked-drinking. Even rookies know you hold the can BELOW window-level and bring your lips-to-the-can NOT the can to your LIPS! I just don't know.

9. Obama bin Biden on July 14th, 2011 2:00 pm

I always said I'd never buy a car made by union flunkies. I should have said stoned union flunkies. Can you say recall?

10. Marshall_Will on July 14th, 2011 2:18 pm

Gives whole new meaning to the term "that new car 'smell' " huh? I swear that one old dude was so wasted he was just about ready to ( cover eyes ladies ) "hang wang" when confronted by the reporter!

Then he seemed to forget about it momentarily and then "the urge" struck him AGAIN! Def. fighting some demons there? But in the New Obama-age, forgive me if I'm skeptical. We 'see' them walking 'toward' the Plant, even passing thru Sec. checkpoints.

What we don't see is them clocking in and actually "functioning" on a moving assembly line? Don't get me wrong, ( excepting Ford, and you'll recall they didn't WANT B/O $'s to begin with! ) I say Let.Them.Fail! So I'm hacked off regardless. ( Sold my GM bonds years… ago ) But it just looks a little hokey to me?

11. Dexter_Alarius on July 14th, 2011 2:20 pm

These are the kind of 'workers' the unions protect.
    Unions outlived their usefulness once sweatshops disappeared. They need to disappear, too.

12. SignPainterGuy on July 14th, 2011 2:50 pm

Prosecuting "dead people" ? Have they lost their minds ? Have they forgotten they will expect "dead people" to vote for them ? Sounds like a "biting off their nose to spite their face" scenario !

13. SignPainterGuy on July 14th, 2011 2:51 pm

14. Marshall_Will on July 14th, 2011 3:01 pm

"Half the unionized state workers go toking on their lunch hours too!"

Oh God, too funny. Why am I not 'surprised'? I imagine that goes on in OR as well. It really jumped out at me that the cameras were in plain sight and these guys were making -NO- effort to conceal their identities nor their ACTIVITIES!

I haven't even physically 'seen' that stuff since the 70's but uh… my understanding is, you can't get a 4-finger bag of "Indiana Ditchweed" for $20 bucks any more?

Most of us would be shocked to see how little weed $100 worth actually 'buys'? Do State Workers in MI get like a volume discount or something? You know, like w/ their credit union where they knock 1/4 pt. of your home loan just for being a member?

15. SignPainterGuy on July 14th, 2011 3:03 pm

You are sooo correct. It`s amazing how many "let`s make a dope deals" and "sneak-a-tokers" I see. If I wouldn`t have to be the one to "make the case" for the cops and prosecutors, I`d be calling them in often. I called in a drinking driver ONCE ! The risk of retaliation is too real !

Slightly OT: I was called on my cell by a deputy saying I`d been subpoenaed to testify in a case. He mentioned the name. I had no idea who he is. It turned out that my cell# showed up on the defendant`s phone. Why ? Because my # is one digit off from the one desired. I was of course dismissed. I have gotten so many wrong # calls from the same 2 guys and 1 gal that I programmed them into my ph. as "I`m still not Jason". One of the guys was apparently the guy on trial. That ain`t no sailor tale ! ;-)

16. Marshall_Will on July 14th, 2011 3:47 pm

"let`s make a dope deals" and "sneak-a-tokers"

My ref flag comes when you're following a car… Young guys. No Partuclar Place to Go ( w/ apologies to Chuck Berry ) They make a left in front of you. Then another left. As you continue on your WAY you notice they are making yet ANOTHER left turn!

Helloooo? Uh kick on the siren? Cruisng for DOPE. Or they're already stoned. Either way. Why! Is it against the law to be an idiot driving around in circles? We know they won't show in court, but who cares? Why make life 'easy' for 'em.

17. Hyperfobea on July 14th, 2011 4:13 pm

So FOX would rather go after the "big fish" but just can't seem to catch them? Gee, how did the big fish get to be so darn BIG in the first place?

18. Dexter_Alarius on July 14th, 2011 4:15 pm

Unions artificially drive up the cost of labor, and are a huge drag on productivity.
    Imagine how much more productive industry would be if every worker did his or her job expecting that they would be fired if they didn't do it right. Unions have already destroyed the steel industry here, and are close to destroying the auto industry. What is it now, 20% of the cost of a US car is to pay for UAW benefits?
    Insane.

19. ReaganiteGOPer on July 14th, 2011 4:27 pm

My dad was a supervisor at Ford, and spent much of the 70s and 80s chasing pot dealers (and worse) on his shift at the casting plant

I once asked him why they couldn't fire a drunk guy I saw there… he just said "UAW"

20. Marshall_Will on July 14th, 2011 5:08 pm

I recall being "in the yards" ( Navy Shipyard ) and virtually every sailor that wound up "testing positive" got from a 'sandcrab' ( civilian, GOV. shipyard 'worker' )

The command knew all about it and all they could 'do' was say "Steer clear of those scumbags!" They'd party all night and just come into 'work' to sleep it off and get away from the house.

Terrible terrible waste of tax payer $'s. To -my- credit, having gone thru it (once) on a previous ship, I shared my painful experience w/ our Dept. Head and we were better prepared the next time. Pilferable items were removed FIRST before we even arrived in Long Beach, CA ( read hellhole ) We FORCED them to stick to a schedule and made it out on time. Got lots of lowlifes FIRED too.

21. SignPainterGuy on July 14th, 2011 9:51 pm

$100. today will get you a dime bag (1/4 oz. or one finger) of "chronic".

22. SignPainterGuy on July 14th, 2011 9:57 pm

Tough slog ! Good for you !

23. Daily Dive 16 July 11 | adeliemanchot on July 16th, 2011 3:34 pm

[...] Your Bailout Dollars (Getting Drunk and High) at Work This kind of thing was exposed last year, and the UAW and Chrysler were so incensed that… it’s still going on [...]