I’ve got a few things to do that should keep me occupied into the afternoon, and because I’ve decided to maintain at this blog the same level of transparency they have at the White House, I decline to disclose what those things are.

Speaking of that, CBS reporter Mark Knoller notices that the administration that promised to be the most transparent in history, isn’t:

*****

Come on, Mark — they just don’t want you pesky reporters around The One because you’ll only shout questions at him.

In other transparency news, Sheila Jackson Lee is transparent — she lets everybody see right through her. The dumbest person in Congress said yesterday that Republicans don’t want to raise the debt ceiling because Obama is black. Yes, “the race card” can survive even at a depth of almost $15 trillion in the hole.

Also, here in Michigan we’re bracing for a very transparent protest, because the state senate just approved a 48 month welfare limit. The “safety net” had turned into a hammock.

Feel free to talk about any other news that is fit for discussion. Have a great Saturday all!

Comments

24 Responses to “A Super Transparent Saturday Open Thread”

1. zillaoftheresistance on July 16th, 2011 1:08 pm

My birthday is tomorrow! My blog is celebrating early with awesome fatwa-worthy rock videos that are sure to offend the followers of what I call the Cult of Stupid.

Weekend Open Thread – Birthday, Rock, and Rebellion Edition

Also, most folks aren't aware that Afghanistan was once far different from the islamohellhole that it is now. Check out the picture of their glamorous former queen and some cool videos here:
    Once Upon a Time in Afghanistan…

I saw a bunch of vehicles with flashing lights in my driveway yesterday afternoon, I thought perhaps that Zero's minions were coming to get me, but it turns out that it was just a really nasty car accident. A daytime drunk had been reported driving all over the road about a mile from my house, and then moments later, he plowed into my mailman's delivery truck just in front of my home, overturning both vehicles. The mailman was shook up but seemed OK, which is good, because he's nice, and the drunk was hauled off in an ambulance, but he may have been more than drunk, cops found a whole bunch of pills all over the inside of his car.
    Thank goodness my house is set far back from the road, my neighbors have had some really close calls with idiot drivers either wrecking on their lawns or coming very close to smashing into their houses.

I hope you have a good time doing whatever super secret stuff you'll be doing today, Doug. Try to stay out of trouble.

Check out the new 2012 ad for Captain WTF: http://kingshamus.wordpress.com/2011/07/16/in-hon

Barry's just a big ole baby!

2. SignPainterGuy on July 16th, 2011 3:23 pm

Folks, jump over to Zilla`s place and expand your understanding of the depth and breadth of the depravity, hypocracy and the dangers posed by the Religion of Pieces. You only "think" you know !

And if you can, hit MJ`s tip jar `cause tomorrow is her 29-1/2th BIRFDAY ! :-D

Aren`t you glad, MJ, that my team of Hi-Speed Racing Cargo Snails got there on Thursday ?! The carnage might have been ….. epic !

Last week, a young lady from out of state was driving 70 in a 55 zone, entered a sharp curve with a history of crashes, lost control, went off the road to the right, down an embankment and crashed into / took out an elderly gent. on his riding mower. He died days later in a local hospital. She was charged with vehicular homicide, DWI, possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia, speeding………..and from her arrest photo, it looks like she has substance abuse issues from way back. Sad all around – the widow even feels for her.

Anyway, happy weekend to all and especially to our host and YOU, MJ !

3. joyannaadams on July 16th, 2011 3:26 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREAT ZILLA! A TRUE American woman after my heart and mind. Don't ever stop the attacks Zilla…keep it up, and Google will outlaw you…you will get on a list of "suspicious" Americans to watch.

Or…if you ask me, you're already there. Good work.

Sounds like you had a close call. I have a neighbor who has a big beautiful Oak in her front yard, and so far, three cars have hit it, three people have died (all young) and the tree, still stands, with just a small nick.

The speed limit is 25mph, so who knows how fast they were going. Very sad.

I'm sure Doug's secret stuff is very noble…and powerful, and…exciting…and…unlike our government, has nothing to do with the mob.

4. SignPainterGuy on July 16th, 2011 3:51 pm

Ditto !

5. Doug on July 16th, 2011 3:57 pm

Double ditto!

6. zillaoftheresistance on July 16th, 2011 4:03 pm

Thank you, Joyanna!
    I bet that is one heckuva tree, sad that stupid people don't mind laws and common sense, much like the tyrants running our country. We the people are the tree, they keep bashing into us, but still we stand, as we will be when they are long gone.

7. Marshall_Will on July 16th, 2011 4:18 pm

"Yes, “the race card” can survive even at a depth of almost $15 trillion in the hole."

In the past we've depicted that as a garden variety Monopoly (TM) type card you can walk into any Office Depot for. Doug's given me cause to re-think that. Apparently Race Cards are now fabricated from -titanium- and only the purest, top grade BULLSH!T!

Laughable.

8. Marshall_Will on July 16th, 2011 5:11 pm

From ZOTR,

"Since a good Muslim couple will meet again in Heaven, and since death does not alter the marital contract (in his opinion) it is not a hindrance to the husband’s desire to have sexual intercourse with the corpse of his (freshly) deceased wife"

I'm not an 'expert' ner' nuthin' ( but how's that supposed to work out for 'her' in the event the husband goes first? ) All this puts on display is that they OWN their women, in this life AND the next! At least in death these poor gals no longer have to suffer the indignities and everyday ABUSES ( at the hands of faux 'men' that are "hung like a hamster"! )

How SICK. A place only Alice Cooper would go. Cold Ethyl anyone?

Just sick.

9. Ken in Texas on July 16th, 2011 6:33 pm

I think his "noble" pursuit has something to do with spotlights, pulsating music, a pole, and a huge wad of one-dollar bills.

10. SignPainterGuy on July 16th, 2011 8:36 pm

BLOG PARTY fo` GoodZilla ! It`s her 29-1/2th Birfday ! Let`s make it memorable, `cause it`s her last one before her 29-3/4st Birfday ! Milestones !

11. SignPainterGuy on July 16th, 2011 10:28 pm

M_W,

Scroll back to Zilla`s post on "What they believe" and especially "The Perfect Man". You can`t believe how warped and twisted …. heck, there`s never been a pretzel so twisted. Mrs. Will would snatch happyscrapper`s skillet and work you over if you "perfected yourself" in such a manner !

12. SignPainterGuy on July 17th, 2011 12:05 am

I understand they have free wi-fi and a secluded booth in back ….

13. Marshall_Will on July 17th, 2011 1:23 am

Yeah, it's called a two-hit fight: She hits you w/ a frying pan ( and you hit the floor? ) Clank! Done.

But this is a party! So I invited one of Mrs. Will's friends just for a goof!

For those that might not be aware, Grace Chang was the Judy Garland of Hong Kong during the 1950's. Here she performs "Carmen".

14. SignPainterGuy on July 17th, 2011 1:46 am

One of Mrs. Will`s friends, eh ?

An old girlfriend of mine, part Cherokee, looked amazingly like Grace Chang. Now that she`s….more mature, she looks classically Polynesian ! Funny how that works !

15. SignPainterGuy on July 17th, 2011 3:18 am

Since you mentioned it, wouldn`t have realized it otherwise, she does have a certain NA / Indian aura going for her; eyes and cheek bones. My girlfriend was cute, but Karina is also pretty.

16. Marshall_Will on July 17th, 2011 3:57 am

Lakota Sioux, so I was close! More than her obvious attractiveness, it was I suppose her fierce sense of independence that endears her to people.

But this is supposed to be Zilla's party and these guys always among my favorites, Status Quo, still rocking after all these years!

17. zillaoftheresistance on July 17th, 2011 11:25 pm

Thank you, Marshall_Will! You are very kind.

18. zillaoftheresistance on July 17th, 2011 11:26 pm

39 – you are too funny!

19. zillaoftheresistance on July 17th, 2011 11:27 pm

I LOVE Alice Cooper! Cold Ethyl is totally appropriate here. Thanks for sharing my blog & one of my all time favorite musicians too!

20. zillaoftheresistance on July 17th, 2011 11:29 pm

Thank you so much, I am honored and delighted that you threw a party for me!
    And brought a whole bunch of awesome with you too, you rock!

21. zillaoftheresistance on July 17th, 2011 11:30 pm

Thank you all for being such nice friends and helping to celebrate my birthday, I feel loved!

22. zillaoftheresistance on July 17th, 2011 11:31 pm

Thanks!

23. Hyperfobea on July 18th, 2011 9:24 am

As the dumbest person in congress Sheila Jackson Lee must represent the dumbest district in the country.

24. Doug on July 18th, 2011 9:59 am

You're right… Jackson Lee's constituents are stupid — at least according to Sheila Jackson Lee: