Another attractive feature of a possible Palin presidency would be that the US might be able to get rid of a lot of over-rated Hollywood lefties. But I thought that with Bush too but it turns out most of them lied about leaving.

In any case — run, Sarah, run!

Comic-turned-TV presenter George Lopez has vowed to banish himself to Canada if Sarah Palin ever becomes president of the United States.

The former Alaskan governor previously ran for the vice-president position during John McCain’s Republican bid for the White House in 2008, and became a controversial figure due to her right-wing stance and apparent lack of foreign affairs knowledge.

Palin has not ruled herself out of potentially running for the top job next year, but Lopez, who is a Democrat and longtime campaigner for Latino rights, is adamant he will move north if she ever is made leader of the U.S.

Over at Weasel Zippers, ZIP reminds Lopez that Canada‚Äôs Prime Minister is a conservative and their Parliament has a conservative majority. But Lopez probably already knew that because he’s so much smarter than Sarah Palin.

George, a lot of people might want to leave the country if your guy is re-elected, but they can’t afford to go anywhere except the unemployment office. Try and show a little empathy.

Comments

13 Responses to “Adios, Eh! George Lopez to Move to Canada if Sarah Palin is Elected President”

1. SignPainterGuy on July 27th, 2011 6:29 pm

Just another lib-turd making hollow threats to move out of the country if (fill in the blank R / conservative) runs or wins. And here`s another promise to help with the moving when Lopez shows documented proof of purchase of a home in Canada !

DLTDHYITAOYWO !! Good bye George, I never watched your drivel and you won`t be missed !

Run, Sarah, run !!

2. Marshall_Will on July 27th, 2011 7:00 pm

Only reason I… ever watched the 'show'?

Ok, have it your way George. You'll love it homie! It's just like L.A.

Only covered in snow 9 mos. out of the year. Oh and French girls don't shave their legs. On the upside 40 cars constitute a gridlock and… you are a hockey fan aren't you..?

3. SignPainterGuy on July 27th, 2011 7:31 pm

I heard it was "10 months of winter and 2 months of rough sledding".

Two cowboys leaned against the corral fence, one says to the other, "If summer is a warm day this year, I think I`ll take the family on a picnic !"

Yep George, you`ll LOVE Canadia ! And they`ll love you right back !

4. Marshall_Will on July 27th, 2011 7:59 pm

"I heard it was "10 months of winter and 2 months of rough sledding".

'Bad' ice-fishing..? Not that you -couldn't- , just not as good as the other 10 mos.

Such a joke. Every time these guy's careers flag, out come the ex-patriot threats like clockwork. Actually I didn't… realize there was a Cons. Majority to our north, then again I didn't threaten to MOVE there if I didn't get my snotty little way.

More joke. What a good portion of these performer's audience fails to realize is, once successful, ( they no longer LIVE like you do! ) Any affinity they may have had was shattered the minute they landed that contract. Oh and GIT off their lawn!

5. Granny55 on July 27th, 2011 8:27 pm

Damn – it's too bad McCain/Palin didn't win in '08 because Lopez said if they won all the Mexicans woulda moved to Canada. We coulda' solved our immigration problems in '08 if only McAmnesty woulda won – damn!!!

I take it with a grain of salt when these pretenders threaten to leave the US if a republican is elected. Idle threats – but once they look at the taxes they might have to pay, the weather they would have to endure, the lack of freedom they might encounter – they back down. If I had it my way I would drag them through the streets to the nearest banana boat and shove them off without oars but……..well I can only dream.

6. Joe Redfield on July 27th, 2011 11:09 pm

I suppose it would be insensitive of me to wonder why he wouldn't move to Mexico if Palin is elected President.

7. SignPainterGuy on July 27th, 2011 11:16 pm

I saw someone else asked the same thing basically earlier today. Obviously, he knows what a shiite-hole Mexico is and wants as far away from there as possible…..except of course he`d like to turn the USA into the USof Mexico.

8. VaGal on July 28th, 2011 12:06 am

Who exactly is supposed to feel threatened by this? This is what I would call an incentive not a deterrent.

9. Obama bin Biden on July 28th, 2011 3:43 pm

He needs to move south where he longs.

10. Marshall_Will on July 28th, 2011 4:21 pm

Well, take 100,000 people with him? Take a million! North OR south.., is that really going to CHANGE the employment prospects for the ELEVEN million *Americans* that lost their jobs since Obie took office?

We're in such bad shape ( God forbid ) but we're in such bad shape a Japan-sized nuke meltdown would actually create a 'spike' in "employment". More Broken Window Economics.

On the verge of default and I don't think (1) comic's defection is going to hurt/help much either way? He's probably just flat out of material looking to milk the blogs for fresh laughs in a routine that's frankly gone stale years ago.

11. joyannaadams on July 28th, 2011 4:33 pm

Could it be, Mexico won't "Pay" him enough money?

If Obama gets re-elected, he might have to move to Canada just to get another job.

12. Marshall_Will on July 28th, 2011 4:48 pm

Ah…. haaaa! Hey Joyanna!

Stand-ups are really starting to ANNOY the hell out of me. Even supposed "clean comics" etc. One of the guys at my guard base has a little gig at the local casino and does some bit parts, b-movies etc. on the side.

First thing he does on stage is tell us all about how he's made a living… a GOOD living in a really tough business all these years blah, blah..? Right, just what a bunch of G.I's wanna' hear. Please, spare us and just bring the jokes. Then some well worn Elvis-karaoke and that's about it for me!

Dude, these kids don't even know who Elvis IS! They don't care. Even ppl my age (52) don't care. Although a Jr. in HS when he died, The King left the mainstream years… prior. That's why MY Rule #1 as a band is no more than 15 secs. between songs. ( Keeps those that just come to heckle good and silenced ) Comics, who NEEDS 'em anyway?

13. Hyperfobea on July 29th, 2011 9:29 am

Doug you have a very expressive and inventive (and accurate) way of categorizing your articles.