If you’d have told me that within three years of the coronation of The One™® that one of the biggest liberals/lefties in Congress would be calling for protest at the White House… well, I’d have believed you. There was simply no way Obama could live up to his rainbows, gumdrops & flying unicorn promises.

But now, as evidenced by Conyers below, the left is feeling flat out betrayed:

Conyers says, “We’ve got to educate the American people at the same time we educate the President of the United States. The Republicans, Speaker Boehner or Majority Leader Cantor did not call for Social Security cuts in the budget deal. The President of the United States called for that. My response to him is to mass thousands of people in front of the White House to protest this.”

There’s your headline, Republicans: “High ranking congressional Democrat says Obama will starve the elderly!”

Conyers is so pissed that he’ll probably make Obama wait an extra couple of days before endorsing him yet again.

Somebody’s about to get another “stop demeaning me” phone call.

Comments

9 Responses to “John Conyers Calls for Mass Protest of Budget Bill… at the White House”

1. Hyperfobea on August 1st, 2011 1:05 pm

Conyers criticized Obama? He must be racist.

2. cdl on August 1st, 2011 3:00 pm

How the heck did he have time to read the bill?

3. SignPainterGuy on August 1st, 2011 3:12 pm

Don`t worry folks, Conyers is still the racist-leftist he`s always been. He doesn`t really mean it, it`s just to keep his brain from capsizing !

4. SignPainterGuy on August 1st, 2011 5:10 pm

Since Johnny couldn`t be bothered to "read the bill", even though he could have been one of the two attorneys he said it would have taken, we know that he doesn`t "read the articles" !

5. Granny55 on August 1st, 2011 5:37 pm

John Conyers!?!?!? You mean the John Conyers whose wife is in federal prison on bribery charges? The John Conyers whose son got caught driving his $50,000 taxpayer funded SUV? The John Conyers who makes $174K/year but only shows assets of $0 on his financial reports to Congress? The John Conyers who owns several properties in Detroit that are run down and being tagged for abandonment? Oh that John Conyers! Yeah – he needs to lecture us about money management or should I say the expert in spending my tax dollars and hiding all of his.

6. SignPainterGuy on August 1st, 2011 8:29 pm

My fave memory of this Wizard of Smart was the statement that (paraphrasing), "We can`t send too many troops to the island of Guam, it might capsize !"

That said all I needed to know about him !

7. SignPainterGuy on August 2nd, 2011 2:42 am

I just learned that it was NOT John Conyers who mis-understands the physical properties of islands, it was HANK JOHNSON who thought Guam might tip over. My apologies to Doug and all my friends here for my egregious error, but Conyers is still a liberal idiot !

8. Granny55 on August 2nd, 2011 10:56 am

Conyers and Johnson are twins – so don't feel bad about mixing them up.

9. SignPainterGuy on August 2nd, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks Granny, you`re a real peach !