The words of Barack Obama from 2009 will serve as a good contrast to the audio below:

“Ultimately I’m responsible, I’m the president of the United States,” he said. “We’ve got a big mess that we’re having to clean up. Nobody here drafted those contracts. Nobody here was responsible for supervising AIG and allowing themselves to put the economy at risk by some of the outrageous behavior that they were engaged in. We are responsible, though. The buck stops with me. And my goal is to make sure that we never put ourselves in this kind of position again.”

Obama has also said “the buck stops here” on other occasions (though I think what he means is “the buck is spent here”).

So with that bit of Truman-esque acceptance of responsibility from “Give ‘em hell, Barry” in mind, here’s Rush Limbaugh reading six pages of headlines about Obama blaming somebody else for any number of things:

(h/t Fox Nation)

Comments

10 Responses to “‘The Buck Stops Over There’: Obama’s Blame Game”

1. Dexter_Alarius on August 9th, 2011 12:29 pm

They-a culpa, they-a culpa, they-a maxima culpa.

2. Marshall_Will on August 9th, 2011 1:02 pm

How will revisionist Prog historians evah be able to seperate Barry from his State of Blamelessness? We've seen some downright painful contortions but this won't wash.

The best I've been offered by O'bots is; Well he DID inherit a mess! However true, that was in '08. He's been given resources without limit, a rubber stamp congress, a blank check and ( at least initially ) off the chart approval ratings.

With -nothing- to show for it. He's starting to look like one of those b-movie actors in a SciFi channel made for tv disaster movie. You know the plot! Top Secret military research facility has 'leak', contagion spreads globally, only nukes can save us.

Only in this real life living nightmare, rather than stand defiant, our pRez hops in a limo and is off to yet another fund raiser. Jokes on us.

3. TheLiberalMedia on August 9th, 2011 1:08 pm

Good thing no Republican ever blamed anybody else for anything, right? (It's Clinton's fault)

4. sizemorew on August 9th, 2011 1:15 pm

Even worse, it's one of those jokes that people tell that don't sound even remotely funny even in their heads.

I'm sure they'll figure out some way to turn this into a blame Bush thing. Or use their new scapegoats the Tea Party.

Meanwhile Rome will continue to burn as the Obamas head to the next opulent soiree. Nice to know that they're cutting back like the rest of us are.

5. Granny55 on August 9th, 2011 1:54 pm

Great article on the media's fault in this mess too

6. Granny55 on August 9th, 2011 1:57 pm

At this point Bill Clinton would be a marked improvement over what is posing as a leader right now. Dick Obama is making a mockery of our nation and you know it. If you want socialism – move to Europe and leave us alone.

7. Marshall_Will on August 9th, 2011 2:49 pm

Insofar as I recall, most of the Blame Clinton came from Rush Limbaugh, a non-elected radio personality. To the best of my knowledge I'd never heard GWB so much as MENTION Slick Willy, let alone blame him for anything?

This is why voters in '08 should have considered their choices more carefully. With ALL the various banks, appointees and elected officials to palm this off on, it came down to personal accountability.

Clearly P'BO has NONE.

8. SignPainterGuy on August 9th, 2011 2:51 pm

"They-", anybody but "ME-" !

9. SignPainterGuy on August 9th, 2011 6:22 pm

+1 !

10. SignPainterGuy on August 9th, 2011 8:24 pm

One of the things I disliked about jr Bush was his insistence on not fighting back against the many, many false charges and downright vitriol from the left. And he never spoke ill about his predecessors, even though he certainly had cause. He NEVER said, "I inherited this mess from Clinton !", at least that I heard……