It’s one thing to be the chief architect of a horribly failed social experiment, but it’s another level of obliviousness to brag about it.

CNS News:

The economic stimulus, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, provided $2.4 billion in grants to advanced vehicle batteries technology. From that amount, $300 million in grants went to Johnson Controls to manufacture batteries.

According to the White House, thus far the firm has added 150 jobs because of the grant. That means the government spent about $2 million per job, but only if no more jobs are added.

If that’s “success” I don’t want to see what Obama considers an economic failure. It’s like watching the Captain of the Hindenburg stand on a smoldering field in Lakehurst and say, “Until I came along, half the passengers on this ship never even had the opportunity to roast a marshmallow, but thanks to me…”

Obama nevertheless took the opportunity to pat himself on the back:

Obama reminded the workers that the government made the jobs possible.

“What made this possible? The most important part is you,” said Obama. “Your drive, your work ethic, your ingenuity, your management, the grit and optimism that says we’ve got an idea for a new battery technology or a new manufacturing process and we’re going to take that leap. But what also made this possible are the actions that we took together as a nation through our government.”

Obama of course couldn’t say what didn’t make the jobs possible, which is demand for the product! So on top of the “stimulus” money, the government then has to spend billions buying the products nobody wants so they didn’t waste the money creating all the jobs. This is the liberal definition of “fiscal responsibility.”

Comments

15 Responses to “Obama Pats Government on the Back for Creating 150 Jobs at $2 Million Each”

1. Dexter_Alarius on August 12th, 2011 3:42 pm

If only the Buggy Whip Plaiters Union had a stronger lobby…

2. Hyperfobea on August 12th, 2011 3:50 pm

Oh yes, of course! The implication being that nothing is possible or even probable without the government! *gasp*

3. Marshall_Will on August 12th, 2011 4:06 pm

P'Bonius said:

"But what also made this possible are the actions that we took together as a nation *through our government*.”

In ProgWorld all things are 'possible' THROUGH the Government and NOTHING happens 'without' it!

Absolute Commie-Socialist SCUM. I think I just invented a new Vodka label? Oh! Mr. & Mrs. Will are embarking on a whole new adventure! ( Get your minds out of the gutter ) We're going to start making our own Champagne!

We're just learning but eager to get this started. Gotta' make sure it's ready to serve in Nov. '12. Works both ways, either a thunderous Conservative victory ( or a going away party? ) Anyone w/ distilling experience please share!

4. sizemorew on August 12th, 2011 4:07 pm

$2 million each for 150 jobs? So glad the government's handling my money since I'd, y'know, spend my money on buying goods which could've let more people keep their jobs.

DC is full of geniuses.

/sarcasm

5. Granny55 on August 12th, 2011 5:05 pm

I wonder what the hourly rate is that they are paying these people? Health benefits? Pension benefits? What is sad about this is generally the west side of Michigan is really conservative and then you see the progs infiltrating, slowly eating away at what is left of common sense in Michigan.

6. sizemorew on August 12th, 2011 5:40 pm

I'd rather not find out. Not sure if my blood pressure could take it.

7. joyannaadams on August 12th, 2011 6:34 pm

And I just heard another liberal on the radio say that we have a really smart man in the White House who is just, darn it, doing as best he can.

Pardon me, while I go scream.

8. SignPainterGuy on August 12th, 2011 6:46 pm

As I said in Doug`s open thread at MM`s last night, people discuss Obama`s job performance concerning the economy in terms of "he WANTS to improve it." HE DOES NOT !! For that very reason, yes, Oblunder IS bragging about it.

We think of him as an idiot. He would be if he thought his ideas would improve the econ. and people`s lives. He is a marxist, and as such, wants to destroy our econ. and control every aspect of our lives. He has been brilliant at achieving so much of his goals and at fooling a great many people and framing the conversation in his terms, not ours. We need to be very careful.

9. Daily Dive 12 August 2011 | adeliemanchot on August 12th, 2011 7:38 pm

[...] Obama Pats Government on the Back for Creating 150 Jobs at $2 Million Each [...]

10. Granny55 on August 12th, 2011 8:54 pm

Kinda like the tone deaf idiots that came into our store today. I am so glad it is Friday! I need a Lemon Drop!!!

11. Marshall_Will on August 12th, 2011 9:44 pm

I'll get the SHAKER! How much wodka you like?

Seriously, a staple at Will family functions. Who's up for Lemon Drops!? Normally I'm about useless in the kitchen, but I come 'a runnin' to pitch in on this one. Messy but fun.

You're the one with Lady Liberty on it right? Comin' UP!

12. Marshall_Will on August 12th, 2011 10:20 pm

I recall that post, you were right then and you're not wrong now. The difference going into '12 is we can finally call them out. If they are voting for Obama, well, I guess we know 'where' you stand?

So let's just dispense w/ all the Hopey/Changey bullcr@p and just admit -crashing- not salvaging the Economy and free ben's for 'all' is your objective. Duly noted. Adults in the room so STFU.

In ways, continued chicanery in Londontowne only puts the cherry on top. Keep it up… 'lads'.

13. Go Figure: Obama Proud of Creating 150 Jobs at $2 Million Each « Mayrant&rave on August 12th, 2011 11:29 pm

[...] Doug Powers – The Powers That Be – 08/12/2011 [...]

14. Granny55 on August 13th, 2011 10:32 am

How much vodka??? The whole damn bottle – preferrably Three Olives brand.

15. Marshall_Will on August 13th, 2011 9:57 pm