This one just cracked me up:

*****

The story referenced is here. A little trouble in paradise for The Won.

Tonight my wife and I are re-living our dating years and going to see Def Leppard. I plan to return from 1987 tomorrow at some point. In between songs and beers I’ll still have the ability to approve any comments that might get thrown into moderation for no particular reason.

Have a good night all!

Update: I had a helluva time with the light sensitivity on the camera on my phone:

*****

A good time was had by all. The crowd was crazy, but in a good way.

If you’re remotely curious, the Heart setlist from last night is here and the Def Leppard setlist is here.

Comments

19 Responses to “Great Moments in Drudge Story Link/Photo Placement”

1. @collegepolitico on August 17th, 2011 7:47 pm

I was born in 1987…

2. Soul on August 17th, 2011 7:58 pm

Never was much of a fan of Def Leppard growing up, but was given free tickets years and years ago to one of their shows. Pour some sugar on me or something like that was the popular song at the time. Thought they put on a good concert. Hope the old guys can still play their instruments.

3. Marshall_Will on August 17th, 2011 8:34 pm

With Special Guests Heart! Have fun Doug, take a little time off, hate to say it, but Summer is winding down,

"Hope the old guys can still play their instruments."

What, no 'Depends' cracks? Actually ( as an old guy that -still- plays in a band ) the talent gap is on the younger end of the spectrum. Guitar Hero -ruined- an entire generation of would be musicians. There ARE no young bands coming up thru the ranks to fill these venues! Here's Dick Dale ( King of the Surf Guitar ) in his 70's!

4. SignPainterGuy on August 17th, 2011 8:41 pm

Enjoy your time out of the office with the love of your life, Doug !

Saw this at Drudge and wondered what a photo op of Zero in the middle of a bunch of all non-black kids had to do w/ the Cong. Black Caucus; then saw a headline at TownHall of Maxine Waters saying she is ready to criticize Obama !

Looks like Teh One is vacationing in Mahthuh`s Vinyuhd just in time !

5. SignPainterGuy on August 17th, 2011 8:43 pm

My current beard was 2 years old in 1987 !

6. Marshall_Will on August 17th, 2011 8:46 pm

What this has boiled down to is.., a slightly younger generation of musicians that well remember the whole scene largely b/c they were too YOUNG to have been strung out on drugs!

I call ourselves, The Reserve Rockers. A good 10 to 20 years younger than the originals, no visits to Betty Ford, court/jail time, messy publicity and generally in better shape? We -have- a legacy connection to the music and every time I come across a younger band that wants to add some songs, I can't help enough!

How sad a world would it be if one of America's greatest inventions, Rock & Roll became so fallow ( we had to recreate it solely from archives? )

7. Marshall_Will on August 17th, 2011 9:25 pm

Oh, I'M… sorry? Has the wee road trip concluded? Enough with those commoners already! Smithers… my champagne glass is faltering and I'm PARCHED!

8. SignPainterGuy on August 17th, 2011 9:31 pm

Yeah, he`s done with the mere flyover country mortals.

Flew in on AF-1 to the starting point, rode the hearse around a little and then flew off to rest up after all the "hard work" of destroying our country. A man can only take so much energy from all those tens and fives of well-wishers along the way ! KnowwhatImean ?

9. OK_Loyalist on August 17th, 2011 9:34 pm

"In between songs and beers I’ll still have the ability to approve any comments that might get thrown into moderation for no particular reason."

That Doug is always looking out for me, LOL

10. Doug on August 17th, 2011 9:40 pm

Everybody I\’m sitting wiĆ¾h just cracked up at SPG\’s commment… Now we feel so old.

Just nursing a beer now waiting for showtime.

11. Marshall_Will on August 17th, 2011 10:07 pm

"from all those tens and fives of well-wishers along the way !"

Why it's like so much "fence money" after hitting a homer in the minors! How horribly undignified?

Doug, correct us if we're wrong here but if this is truly about a… rekindling of sorts ( shouldn't you be out in the PARKING LOT about now? ) Just… sayin'.

12. Granny55 on August 18th, 2011 11:04 am

Hmmmm 1987 – let's see, already had three kids, even though it seemed like we lived paycheck to paycheck, we bought a new house that year. We left the closing and had exactly $4.00 left in the bank and no paycheck till Friday. My grandmother stopped by to see the new house and handed us a congrats card with $50 in it. To this day that $50 seemed like $1 million to us. God Bless her – she was such a great and loving grandma.

After that walk down memory lane – I really feel old!!!

13. Granny55 on August 18th, 2011 11:19 am

OMG! Some more 1987 Trivia:

Avg. gallon of gas = .89
    Postage Stamp = .24
    Avg. car price = $10,305

Kitty litter was invented by Edward Lowe

Sex scandal of televangelist Jim Baker exposed

Oct. 19th Stock Market crash losing 22.6%

Prozac made it's debut

Top TV Shows: Highway To Heaven, Married With Children, Matlock, MacGyver, The Cosby Show, Golden Girls and Cheers

Top Movies: 3 Men and a Baby, The Untouchables, Dirty Dancing, Wall Street, Fatal Attraction, Robo Cop

14. Dexter_Alarius on August 18th, 2011 1:28 pm

I would have gone to see Heart! Hope the show was great.

15. Granny55 on August 18th, 2011 4:03 pm

Not me – after their snarky request that their song Baracuda not be played by Sarah Palin during 2008 campaign. Sorry – I just instantly become a non-fan of these idiots. Many times oldies but goodie songs like these get played at venues where younger people have never heard of the group and it spikes their interest in the group. Instead the idiots cut off their noses in the name of liberalism and eliminate a whole new fan base. So, Heart can go piss on themselves as far as I am concerned.

16. SignPainterGuy on August 18th, 2011 4:22 pm

Doug, it`s good you, the wifely type person and friends had a great time and made it home safe n sound.

Also happy I could lend a chuckle to the wait time ! Fur is good !

17. Doug on August 18th, 2011 4:40 pm

Had a good time, SPG, but back to work now!

Granny, I'd forgotten about the Palin thing. Would have been fun to get a front row seat and wear a "Palin for President" shirt.

18. Dexter_Alarius on August 18th, 2011 5:19 pm

I forgot about that. Disappointing. Another "shut up and sing" moment.

19. Granny55 on August 18th, 2011 5:38 pm

I dunno Doug – they were really snotty about the whole Baracuda thing. If you had worn a tee like that I am sure they would have perp marched you outta there, Sheriff Butterbean and all!!!