Every time I’m ready to predict she’s not going to run I see a web ad like this new one from SarahPAC and am tempted to change my mind:

*****

Mark Levin predicts she’ll run. The line at Intrade doesn’t seem as confident right now.

Palin’s September 3rd event in Iowa has been moved to a larger venue due to demand — no doubt a lot of people going think there’s going to be an announcement of some sort.

I’m still leaning toward the “not running” direction, but I just can’t say that with confidence as long as these really well-done campaign-style videos keep being churned out.

(h/t RCP)

Comments

12 Responses to “End of the Week Prediction-Fest: Is Sarah Palin In or Out?”

1. backwoods on August 19th, 2011 6:50 pm

I think she's running, and I'll be very disappointed if she isn't. She is far and away my first choice to be our next president.

2. SignPainterGuy on August 19th, 2011 7:53 pm

While most of the hints seem to point toward her running, I wouldn`t bet either way. I will say this, she is driving the left nuts ! (on both sides of the aisle )

3. backwoods on August 19th, 2011 8:05 pm

Driving the left nuts? That's a very short drive.

4. OK_Loyalist on August 19th, 2011 9:08 pm

LOL

5. OK_Loyalist on August 20th, 2011 1:15 am

At this point, I am confident that the possibility remains that she may or may not run… you can quote me on that, BTW, I'm not kidding! :D

6. Marshall_Will on August 20th, 2011 2:04 am

Remarkably, I'm cool either way. Right now in Oregon, we've got Tigger Wu's richly undeserved seat to fill. Three PEU-buns up kn_ _ling Dims-on-a-stick or our Tea Party fave Rob Cornilles?

Rob is your trypical Tea Party-endorsed raaaacist. After having met he and his Asian high school sweetheart wife Allison, my Asian wife and she compared notes at a Tea Party rally on how each's husband ( while 'tolerant' in public ) secretly hated Blacks! ( Sarc to the 10th power )

Rob ( Game Face ) Cornilles has this uncanny ability. ( He can converse with crowds unrehearsed and without the benefit of a teleprompter? ) Given time, I'm certain Dick Obummer will make a requirement -all- candidates use one to "level the playing field".

7. SignPainterGuy on August 20th, 2011 3:15 am

Thanks for your usual raaaaaacist, tearrorist update ! I see why you like Rob; it`s his Asian wife ! Mmmm hmmm ! ;-)

I wouldn`t be at all surprised to hear of the Dickster`s latest EO requiring all public speakers to use teleprompters or at least "card holders"; unionized of course !! Perhaps "The Obrainless Teleprompter Fairness / Equal Opportunity Act of 2011" !?

8. dataflownick on August 20th, 2011 10:45 am

Doug- This is my favorite blog, I've gotten quite a few belly laughs, Thanks.

I think her odds of running are on par with the Lions winning the SB, which, believe it or not is 30/1. Wow.

I think if she's going to run for the big seat, she will need a convincing explaination on why she resigned early from her last major executive position. It may have been the best move for her state at the time, but what does that mean as POTUS?

Anyway, my best guess is that she's positioning herself for VP again. I think that would be the easier route to the presidency for her. I think a Paul/Palin ticket would leave the left defenseless and spinning out of control. I can still dream, right?

9. Soul on August 20th, 2011 11:14 am

I've thought for awhile that it would be surprising to see Sarah Palin enter the race. Her and her family went through the ringer while she was in politics. Why go through that madness again. Figure she probably believes she can be greatly influential outside of the political arena, and make a good living at it.

But who knows what will happen. She does have many loyal followers it seems that would like to see her run, that could influence her decision.

10. Doug on August 20th, 2011 11:18 am

Ah yes… I can see it now… the "Teleprompter Fairness Act"…

Hopefully the TP-er replaces Tigger Wu (D-HundredAcreWood).

11. Doug on August 20th, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks!

I watched the Lions last night… vastly improved but not without their problems. They actually could be playoff-quality, but I've been through this too many times to predict that with any degree of certainty yet.

12. mcmeador on August 20th, 2011 5:41 pm

This video really makes me think she is. The last SarahPAC video I saw was more so about the people, but this is a very Sarah-centric video that is hyping her up and not just her message. My fingers are crossed.