Yesterday I had a good laugh when I heard New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman say it’s “way too soon to tell” if the media was too caught up in the wave of Hope & Change™ to properly vet Obama in 2008, leaving America in unqualified socialist hands.

Right on cue on the same day, this press pool report from Martha’s Vineyard was released:

-Motorcade peeled out of Blue Heron Farms at 5:15 p.m. with Potus and Valerie Jarrett in tow.

-After ten minutes we made an abrupt left turn on John Cottle Rd. — an unpaved, deeply rutted eight-foot-wide private path hemmed in by ivy, scrub oak and big, scary boulders.

-After bottoming out four times — we’re talking two-foot holes in a sand-and-gravel road, along with one hairpin turn — Potus and Ms. Jarrett arrived at West Tisbury home of their friends Brian and Aileen Roberts, Josh Earnest informs us. It was 5:30 p.m.

-Our driver says Mr. Roberts is a big-time Comcast executive. Earnest confirms.

UPDATE: (Greta)
-Brian Roberts, who is hosting POTUS, is indeed the CEO of Comcast, parent of MSNBC

Obama no doubt stopped by to thank Roberts for keeping NBC so unbiased in 2008, and to offer him encouragement to make sure his network has the same level of non-partisanship in 2012.

Update: Friedman knows the media isn’t in the tank for Obama, because Obama told him so when they were playing golf.

Comments

11 Responses to “Thomas Friedman Said ‘Too Soon to Tell’ if Media in the Tank for Obama on Same Day Obama Visited Home of Comcast CEO”

1. backwoods on August 22nd, 2011 11:57 am

If he doesn't have a hangover from 2008 yet, he's still tanked.

2. The Zoo Keeper on August 22nd, 2011 12:19 pm

Asking a prominent member of the media "if the media is in the tank", is like asking a fish if it's wet.

3. Marshall_Will on August 22nd, 2011 12:31 pm

“Yeah, anytime you spend four hours with the president, either with a spoon in your hand or a golf club in your hand or nothing in your hand — you learn something,” Friedman said. “If he invites you to lunch — anytime you get a chance to talk to the president, in any context, I find incredibly beneficial.”

Unreal. What's that in your 'hand' again Mr. Friedman? If you can't tell by NOW whether the LSM was squarely and obediently in P'BO's corner, I can't help you and we have no further use nor need to read (1) single word you'll EVER write in the future.

You've utterly decimated what 'credibility' you might have had left? Interesting to note that the CEO of COMCAST does absolutely -nothing- to make road improvements on something he doesn't own or control. What does he THINK to himself every time he's driving a tank just to get to his house?

4. SignPainterGuy on August 22nd, 2011 2:38 pm

Sheeew, that`s some loooooong hairy dog !

5. sizemorew on August 22nd, 2011 2:50 pm

So we're just getting further confirmation of what we already know?

6. backwoods on August 22nd, 2011 3:08 pm

I once heard a guy say, "You'll have to look over me. I went to a party back in the '60s and I just got back a couple of years ago."

This was only about 10 years ago.

7. SignPainterGuy on August 22nd, 2011 4:05 pm

He`s surely off to another Party by now !

8. SignPainterGuy on August 22nd, 2011 4:10 pm

Shorty after the start of Desert Storm II, I commented that the majority of journalists and news folk were dems. A buddy (who wouldn`t vote dem on a bet) snapped at me, "How do you know that ?" I replied, "They said so in a survey." It musta hurt him deep, `cause after that, he`d go almost ballistic at my mention of conservative leaning politics ! Not fun !

9. Joe Redfield on August 22nd, 2011 4:50 pm

Roberts and Comcast are looking for that nice "no taxes" deal that Immelt and GE have.

10. SignPainterGuy on August 22nd, 2011 8:32 pm

Yes ! No doubt ! Fair is fair after all !

11. As the world turned while I was finishing repebbling the nest… | adeliemanchot on August 24th, 2011 3:39 pm

[...] Thomas Friedman Said ‘Too Soon to Tell’ if Media in the Tank for Obama on Same Day Obama Visited… [...]